Oddometer: 319
Cleveland Cyclewerks FXX

Thoughts on this?

brian72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 06:46 PM   #2
Chillis
Land Barge Pilot

Oddometer: 4,157
Looks like a blast, if a little cramped!
Chillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 09:49 PM   #3
fullmetalscooter
Let me take this duck off

Oddometer: 3,177
Enter FXx, Cleveland CycleWerks’ newest addition to the stable. However, when it comes to deciding in which stable will the bike rest overnight, things are becoming complex. The FXx may look like a mountain bike on steroids, but its creators say it isn’t. At the same time, knobbies, the petrol engine and the seat clearly indicate a dirt machine, but again, Cleveland CycleWerks says we’re wrong.

“The FXx is not a dirt bike, it is not a mountain bike, it is a cross between the two. A small, lightweight bike that can take you to places and allow you to do things that heavier and bigger bikes can't,” is the only description CCW provides for the time being, so there’s not much we can tell you for sure, save for the few tech specs which surfaced together with the first photos.

CCW‘s latest machine is powered by an 110cc 4-stroke single fed through a 20mm carburetor, with kick starting only, for obvious weight considerations. The frame appears to be made of steel, just like the swingarm, and it also looks like it embeds the fuel tank. The fork is rather thin and bike-ish, and seems a tad undersized, but this is most likely a thing coming from the off-road standard 21” alloy front wheel.
They make really good quilty build bikes .

off HEre: http://www.autoevolution.com/news/cl...oth-84582.html

Another bike-ish detail is the use of a 21”rear wheel, with a direct-mount shock damper. However, these wheels are most likely going to provide a smooth ride even on really rough ground, so we’re more than ok with the selection. Cleveland CycleWerks does not offer detail on the transmission, at least not other than the steel lever. Judging by the size of the engine, we can guessstimate a 3- or 4-speed tranny.

A cool-looking narrow and flat off-road seat and disc brakes complement the build, as well. Honestly, it’s a pity that Cleveland CycleWerks’ FXx is not a street-legal motorbike. It has killer looks and would make a nifty commuter in the urban clutter. And when all else fails, you can ride straight over curbs and all, the proper biker-hooligan way. Just make sure the cops are not pursuing you: the 110cc single is not exactly a speed racer…
Old 10-10-2014, 12:33 AM   #4
LeQuack
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
Looks likes the tech specs are up on the CCW website

http://www.clevelandcyclewerks.com/fxx-details/

Not bad for the price. I'm guessing these types of motorbike crossed with mountain bikes are becoming more of a "thing"
Old 10-10-2014, 03:38 AM   #5
ihatemybike
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 440
I was in email contact with them about a week ago. Told them if they offered a street legal version with a bigger gas tank I would definitely buy one, maybe two.
Old 10-11-2014, 10:13 AM   #6
freetors
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 963
Still heavier than a modern trials bike?!
freetors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 11:02 AM   #7
ihatemybike
Gnarly Adventurer

Still much cheaper than a modern trials bike and you can actually sit down on it.
Old 10-11-2014, 11:56 AM   #8
JerryH
Banned

Oddometer: 5,069
Neat idea. Not street legal so it wouldn't do me any good. Due to restrictive AZ laws I had to switch from dirt bikes to dual sports a long time ago. But for someone with a place to ride them, they look like a lot of fun. I used to be a mountain biker many years ago, and remember thinking how much more fun they would be with motors. I think this is a much better idea than the Motoped. Hopefully these actually have titles, so you could get OHV plates for them.
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 11:38 PM   #9
Birdmove
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,814
Subscribed.
Birdmove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:27 AM   #10
filterq
Adventurer

Oddometer: 46
Anyone tried it?

Reviving this thread from the dead.

Has anyone tried one of these yet?
filterq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 12:28 PM   #11
wheelbender6
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 168
Seems that streetable version of the FXX would boost sales, though it would no doubt add a lot of weight. A streetable version would probably perform as well as a Grom on the street and far better than a Grom off road, with the larger diameter wheels.
Old 06-28-2015, 05:37 PM   #12
professorv
ProfessorV

Oddometer: 31
I rode an FXx today at Motoblot Chicago. It is a blast of a clutchless little thing. It feels mountain bike-ish because of the weight and height. Brake levers are also just like a mountain bike which is a bit awkward when you forget it's clutchless and grab a bunch of front brake. While I was constrained to a medium sized parking lot, I still had enough room to get through the gears. It has plenty of pep.

If had a cabin, some woods, or a small farm I'd own one of these and ride the hell out of it.
professorv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:35 AM   #13
ihatemybike
Gnarly Adventurer

I'm still pestering them for a streetable version.