User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Today, 05:30 PM   #1
kpinvt OP
OLDnSLO

Oddometer: 102
Honda DCT Only

I think a thread dedicated to Honda's DCT bikes is needed here. One place to talk about this great transmission on all of the bikes Honda sells with this option. I have a 2014 Honda NC700XD with the DCT. I bought the bike knowing there are issues with the trip meters and frunk lock. I only had a too short three months of riding before having to put the bike away for the winter. Knowing what I know after that short period of time I would buy another one if I had to, no question about it.
Old Today, 05:49 PM   #2
larryboy
Chopper Rider

Oddometer: 14,541
I want to try one long term, but I'd just try to turn the 700x into a dirt bike like I do every motorcycle, so I'm leaning towards the NM4 to lock me into a dedicated street bike. I can only find one in stock in all of California and it's a loooong ways to go for a look, I don't need to ride it, just sit on it to see if I fit.
Old Today, 06:04 PM   #3
lambotte
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 103
Don't forget about the CTX700dct. It's a lot cheaper than the nm4 and more available.

Kevin
Honda CTX700DCT
Honda CB1100

lambotte screwed with this post Today at 06:10 PM
lambotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:31 PM   #4
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,457
I've never ridden a motorcycle with the DCT but it seems like if that's the kind of thing you are looking for and accept that it takes a little time to adapt, you'll really like the DCT. There is a thread on VFRD regarding this.

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/i...-think-of-dct/
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:32 PM   #5
RCmoto
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 797
It's happening sooner or later - I'd like to see a DCT/no clutch and also an Electric bike sub forum.
RCmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:58 PM   #6
kpinvt OP
OLDnSLO

Oddometer: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by lambotte View Post
Don't forget about the CTX700dct. It's a lot cheaper than the nm4 and more available.

Kevin
Honda CTX700DCT
Honda CB1100
Like I said a thread for ALL of the DCT bikes sold by Honda. The CTX700 was the first DCT bike I tried. I thought the transmission was super, I just didn't like the seating position. Last summer I met a couple of owners of the CTX700 DCT. Both of them had moved up from much smaller scooters and both were tickled to have the bike.
Old Today, 09:06 PM   #7
Deckyon
The Raven

Oddometer: 11
2014 NC700X DCT here as well. Purchased Dec 31, 2014 and have 530 miles on her. Too wet and cold now, and for the next week or so...

Love the bike so far, and as it was my first, loved the ease it gave me in riding. Gonna be a great commuter as well as a great trip bike!
Deckyon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:10 PM   #8
larryboy
Chopper Rider

Oddometer: 14,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by lambotte View Post

I have a hard time with the CTX look, if I'm gonna ride a hideous bike I'll go all in on the NM4...no offense meant.
Old Today, 09:59 PM   #9
lambotte
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 103
I agree about the looks. When it first came out I couldn't even look at it. But somehow along the way a test ride and viewing it out in the sun and I was hooked. The nm4 is futuristic looking but I can't get over the price difference.

Kevin
lambotte is offline   Reply With Quote