Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2011, 09:41 AM   #811
Hammerspur
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer-lust View Post
Is it only me but that thing looks painfully slow especially for a big 1600cc accelerating out corners watching the video.
Kinda' doubt the perception the video gives would translate riding it.
Quote:
The sound is also nothing to write home about.Wonder if those Motus guys ever listened to the drone of a V4 RC30 accelerating and giving you goosebumps...
The RC30 is a legend, but they really don't sound so hot at all... 180 crank VFR's sound alot better!
http://vfrworld.com/forums/general-v...tml#post336286
To the non-tone-deaf methinks the Motus does as well...
Quote:
The rest of us mere mortals can always buy a Honda ST1300 for less than half of the cost and don't even have to buy chainlube...
ST's are f-in' tanks, and look it too.
Apples n' oranges for sure.
Hammerspur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 09:44 AM   #812
Yankee Dog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirb View Post
....................sporty for ST duties (for me)
That is one thing I really liked about the MOTUS. During my admittedly short sit, the egos seemed very relaxed. Less so that than the Triumph Trophy 1200 and current Sprint GT. Really not that much more aggressive than the Beemer 1150RT.
Yankee Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 11:55 AM   #813
univibe88
Slidell4Life

Oddometer: 1,981
Totally agree the comparison to the Triumph Sprint GT. The Motus has waaaaayyyy better ergos.

"I like my ride plans like my women...loosely put together with a chance of getting wet."
univibe88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 07:17 PM   #814
gymply
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannaklr View Post
Is there an announced price somewhere?

Website says late 2011. It's about as late as it gets.
Just went to their website. It now has this blurb under the FAQ:

"We will announce final pricing, options, and full production specifications for the MST as we wrap up development and testing. We are working with key suppliers to keep the MSRP affordable for a wide range of riders. Please stay tuned and thank you for your patience."

Guess we will be waiting longer than the end of the year until they let the pricing cat out of the bag.
'14 FZ-09
gymply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 02:06 AM   #815
Gordon Bennett
At least I tried

Oddometer: 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB View Post
If their output of 200 bikes a year is all they want to put out, it's a pretty clever strategy, as this gives the bike a certain rarity and a mystique which will attract the well heeled and keeps the wanna be's salivating. It's human nature to desire the unattainable and has worked well as a marketing strategy for other products...

Like Hesketh...

Old 12-29-2011, 10:28 AM   #816
kirb
should be out riding

Oddometer: 1,644
From a Motus update email...No pricing yet, but more info on options.

2011 is a wrap, onwards to 2012!

Motus is an expression of human will. The will to build bad-ass motorcycles in the most unlikely of times. The will to help America retain her place as a premier manufacturing country by crafting machines with character and quality. The will to fight to make sure our best days lay ahead.

Since first revealing prototypes in March, we’ve been steadily testing, refining, and promoting the MST’s all over the US in preparation for a mid-2012 production launch. So far, so good. Three prominent journalists have written favorably about their test rides and provided useful feedback to our engineers. See interviews below and here of Alan Cathcart and Blake Connor after riding the MST and MST-R.

Everything learned from this process is being built into a 3rd generation of MST’s that have a number of improvements and new features not yet revealed. Then, we will complete final testing/certification and begin shipping to dealers as soon as possible.

Pricing, accessories, and availability.
Parts quotes are being finalized now based on the estimated 2012/2013 production volume. We will release MSRP’s soon and we thank you for your patience. The MST will come standard with an excellent feature set and based on customer and dealer requests, units will ship with optional accessories such as heated grips/saddle, sport or tour style windscreens, extra Powerlet ports, upgraded wheels/brakes/suspension. Motorcycles and aftermarket engines will be sold through authorized dealers and will be shipped on a “first come-first served” basis, based on the reservations being made by dealers and customers now. We have signed some of the best dealers in the country, but are still looking for representation in a number of markets. Please tell your favorite dealer if you are interested in a Motus!

Old 12-29-2011, 09:11 PM   #817
Dilligaf0220
Miserablist

Oddometer: 4,531
Yeah......but are they coming to Canada?

Sowry, couldn't resist.
Dilligaf0220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 02:51 AM   #818
Hammerspur
Beastly Adventurer

Question Recent Update From MOTUS... Still Waiting ($$$...?)

2011 is a wrap, onwards to 2012!

Motus is an expression of human will. The will to build bad-ass motorcycles in the most unlikely of times. The will to help America retain her place as a premier manufacturing country by crafting machines with character and quality. The will to fight to make sure our best days lay ahead.
Since first revealing prototypes in March, we’ve been steadily testing, refining, and promoting the MST’s all over the US in preparation for a mid-2012 production launch. So far, so good. Three prominent journalists have written favorably about their test rides and provided useful feedback to our engineers. See interviews with Alan Cathcart and Blake Connor after riding the MST and MST-R.

Everything learned from this process is being built into a 3rd generation of MST’s that have a number of improvements and new features not yet revealed. Then, we will complete final testing/certification and begin shipping to dealers as soon as possible.

Pricing, accessories, and availability.
Parts quotes are being finalized now based on the estimated 2012/2013 production volume. We will release MSRP’s soon and we thank you for your patience. The MST will come standard with an excellent feature set and based on customer and dealer requests, units will ship with optional accessories such as heated grips/saddle, sport or tour style windscreens, extra Powerlet ports, upgraded wheels/brakes/suspension. Motorcycles and aftermarket engines will be sold through authorized dealers and will be shipped on a “first come-first served” basis, based on the reservations being made by dealers and customers now. We have signed some of the best dealers in the country, but are still looking for representation in a number of markets. Please tell your favorite dealer if you are interested in a Motus!

Come see us at the Battley Cycles booth (#1432) at the IMS Show in Washington, DC (January 13th-15th)

Dealers- we will be at the 2012 Dealernews International Powersports Dealer Expo the Indiana Convention Center (February 17th-19th)

Hammerspur screwed with this post 12-30-2011 at 02:58 AM
Old 12-30-2011, 04:31 AM   #819
10/10ths
Road Trip Fool

Oddometer: 881
You folks asking for pricing....

.....need to step back and take a deep breath.

Come on!!!!

Do you have ANY idea how long it takes to develop a brand new motorcycle, get a distribution system of dealerships in place, produce spare parts, warranty, have trained technicians to service them, etc., etc., etc.???????

It is a mind numbing, government paperwork avalanche, billion dollar money hole!!!!!!!!!

You people need to stop with the "$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$??????" posts already.

Gee Whiz, the Motus people are busting their asses to produce this bike. It takes a HUGE amount of time, effort, and money.

You should see what the car companies have to do to change from 17 inch wheels to 20 inch wheels on a vehicle, it is a nightmare. You have no idea how many hoops the Motus folks have to jump through to get this enterprise off the ground. It is an enormous undertaking.

Look at Fisker electric cars, they got about $700 million from the government to build and sell electric cars and they have not built one car yet. There is not a single Fisker on the road.

So, cut the Motus gang some slack.

If you need a sport touring bike now, go buy one. When the Motus hits the ground, sell your bike and buy the new Motus. Jeeeeeesh!!!!!!

2004 Honda RC51

2011 Suzuki GSX1250FA replaced my '04 Wee 2-14
10/10ths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 06:55 AM   #820
Moronic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,533
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10/10ths View Post

If you need a sport touring bike now, go buy one. When the Motus hits the ground, sell your bike and buy the new Motus. Jeeeeeesh!!!!!!

Well, for my part, it's not so much that I'm aching to buy one tomorrow.

More a matter of measuring promises against deliveries ...

or, a bit kinder, predictions against what comes to pass.

And considerable curiosity.
Moronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 07:13 AM   #821
univibe88
Slidell4Life

Oddometer: 1,981
It's good that people are interested

"I like my ride plans like my women...loosely put together with a chance of getting wet."
univibe88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 08:05 AM   #822
Hammerspur
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:

Come on!!!!

Do you have ANY idea how long it takes to develop a brand new motorcycle, get a distribution system of dealerships in place, produce spare parts, warranty, have trained technicians to service them, etc., etc., etc.???????

It is a mind numbing, government paperwork avalanche, billion dollar money hole!!!!!!!!!

You people need to stop with the "$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$??????" posts already.

Gee Whiz, the Motus people are busting their asses to produce this bike. It takes a HUGE amount of time, effort, and money.

You should see what the car companies have to do to change from 17 inch wheels to 20 inch wheels on a vehicle, it is a nightmare. You have no idea how many hoops the Motus folks have to jump through to get this enterprise off the ground. It is an enormous undertaking.

Look at Fisker electric cars, they got about $700 million from the government to build and sell electric cars and they have not built one car yet. There is not a single Fisker on the road.

So, cut the Motus gang some slack.

Don't hold back like that, just express yourself already!
Old 12-30-2011, 08:49 AM   #823
apessino
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,249
Quote:
Uh? They sold hundreds already - I've seen 3 on the road around here.
Old 12-30-2011, 07:45 PM   #824
10/10ths
Road Trip Fool

Oddometer: 881
Apessino...

....You are thinking of Tesla. Tesla has sold a handful of cars.

Fisker has sold ZERO cars and got 3/4 of a Billion dollars of our tax money.

Google it.

As to my "spirited" answer to the folks complaining about pricing being delayed, sure, they gave a date and they missed it. That is nothing new to start-up businesses. The Honda Jet was supposed to be in customer's hands by now. The Boeing Dreamliner was three YEARS late. Where are our Cold Fusion powered room temperature super conducting wires? Where are the flying cars?

Building a new line of high performance motorcycles and the associated dealer network is incredibly difficult.

Be patient.

It ain't easy.

Cheers.

2004 Honda RC51

2011 Suzuki GSX1250FA replaced my '04 Wee 2-14
10/10ths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 07:53 PM   #825
NC Scott
MOmymamamamaMOmymama

Oddometer: 1,498
Why would Fisker recall 239 Karmas if they haven't produced any?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/michaelk...he-hose-clamp/