Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-23-2009, 08:25 AM   #541
Jurgen
Trolljegeren

Oddometer: 40,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by spanky
Consider yourself fortunate not to have watched the game. McD's coaching abilities, i.e., tendency to gamble, were out there for everyone to see. Yea, yea, yea I know that hindsight's 20/20 but anyone whose watched the game of football knows that no matter how good you are there are days when fate says "No, not today."

You only need look at the Steeler-KC and Cincy-Raider games to know that sometimes you're better off staying in bed and mailing it in.

I'm not saying Denver would have defeated SD at all, I just expected better but saw trends early and then throughout the game that told me they're f*cked.

I wonder how long the slide will last and it Denver will set a new record for frustration like they did with last season's entry into the record books.

It was a double shitty weekend for me as I also watched BYU run and pass all over Air Force.
I thought AFA would have played BYU closer-- maybe not a win, but not as horrible of a loss.

More evidence here of east coast hatred of the MWC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nskitts View Post
I'm sorry your dog died before you got to beat it with a dead chicken.

Moderator:CSM/JoMomma/ShinyThings/Sports
Jurgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 08:44 AM   #542
spanky OP
Well, maybe...

Oddometer: 1,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen
I thought AFA would have played BYU closer-- maybe not a win, but not as horrible of a loss.

I know better. AF seems to get in a good one against BYU about every fifth or sixth year. Other than that BYU gets up on 'em early which makes the option/flex bone attack near worthless for a team with a mediocre passing attack. AF's starting QB went out early with an injury and everything went downhill from there.

For what it's worth BYU seems to be the colllege equivalent of the San Diego Chargers. Smartass QB's, arrogant and obnoxious overall, and a flair for taunting.

As for SD, think about it for a minute. Do you ever recall them being the way they are now prior to Rivers showing up? I don't, the entire teams' taken on his personna.
spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 10:49 AM   #543
Norhasken
Tryin' to find my way

Oddometer: 18,228
Broncos

Bring back Shanahan.
Old 11-23-2009, 11:42 AM   #544
Greco
Momma's boys

Oddometer: 987

Son of a ......!!!!
Old 11-23-2009, 01:58 PM   #545
wxwax
Excited Member

Oddometer: 76,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen

Odd compilation.

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

To make an apple pie from scratch,
you must first invent the universe.
-- Carl Sagan
wxwax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:53 PM   #546
spanky OP
Well, maybe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxwax
Odd compilation.
Indeed. Air Force's all white uni's are pretty nice looking and they're the only team in the country with a lighting bolt on the sides of their helmets.

You were wise not to offer a prediction for yesterday's game HOWEVER, given that this is a short week, I'm interested more in ways the Broncos will continue to collapse instead of how pathetic the end result will be.

So, predictions please!
Old 11-23-2009, 10:12 PM   #547
wxwax
Excited Member

Oddometer: 76,878
Quote:
Indeed. Air Force's all white uni's are pretty nice looking and they're the only team in the country with a lighting bolt on the sides of their helmets.

You were wise not to offer a prediction for yesterday's game HOWEVER, given that this is a short week, I'm interested more in ways the Broncos will continue to collapse instead of how pathetic the end result will be.

So, predictions please!
I have a feeling Denver can win this game. New York's defense isn't playing especially well, they don't have long to prepare for Denver's somewhat idiosyncratic offense, they're traveling on a short week and their offense is less than convincing.

Dunno what the spread is, but I pick Denver to win.

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

To make an apple pie from scratch,
you must first invent the universe.
-- Carl Sagan
wxwax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 02:08 PM   #548
Greco
Momma's boys

Oddometer: 987
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxwax
...they don't have long to prepare for Denver's somewhat overly predicable offense....
Fixt!

I dunno boys, somethings gotta give. At least they are at home. Wax is right, big travel on a short week can be hard to overcome for teams coming west. They lose 2 hours of time change in addition to the short week.

Ok, I'm grasping at straws here...
Old 11-24-2009, 02:41 PM   #549
spanky OP
Well, maybe...

I read in one of the local online rags that McD was mouthing off to some SD defensive players during warm ups. No one will admit to starting the trash talking but it definitely involved some serious smack and the general perception is that it started with the SD players.

Now, that being said what would make NFL players want to go into someone else's back yard and talk trash? Were they cocky? Self assured? Both are requisite traits of pro level players but something tells me they had McD and his team figured out and knew who was going to win.

Heck, it's almost as if he's been doing it with smoke and mirrors and now everyone's onto him and his schtick.

I visited a NY rag that mentioned how tired the Giant defense was so late in the game and how lucky they were to have Manning bail them out in OT. The outomce may well have been different had the coin toss gone the other way...

So, the big question is which Bronco team will show up Thursday night, the 6-0 guys or the 0-4 version.
Old 11-24-2009, 02:55 PM   #550
East Coast Rider
Just Me...

Oddometer: 3,858
Quote:
I read in one of the local online rags that McD was mouthing off to some SD defensive players during warm ups. No one will admit to starting the trash talking but it definitely involved some serious smack and the general perception is that it started with the SD players.

Now, that being said what would make NFL players want to go into someone else's back yard and talk trash? Were they cocky? Self assured? Both are requisite traits of pro level players but something tells me they had McD and his team figured out and knew who was going to win.

Heck, it's almost as if he's been doing it with smoke and mirrors and now everyone's onto him and his schtick.

I visited a NY rag that mentioned how tired the Giant defense was so late in the game and how lucky they were to have Manning bail them out in OT. The outomce may well have been different had the coin toss gone the other way...

So, the big question is which Bronco team will show up Thursday night, the 6-0 guys or the 0-4 version.
I think that smack talk in general happens all the time, whether a team plays at home or not...would I engage in it beyond giving somebody a little good natured grief if my favorite team beat their favorite team? Nah, cause I pretty much suck. Haven't heard what the players might have said, but have seen some articles that McDaniel said something to the effect of "we own you." Smack between players I get...between coaches and players, not so much...no matter who initiates it.
Me: Give 'em hell, little Bro!
Dan: Roger that.
East Coast Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 03:17 PM   #551
spanky OP
Well, maybe...

Bluhduh

Quote:
Originally Posted by East Coast Rider
I think that smack talk in general happens all the time, whether a team plays at home or not...would I engage in it beyond giving somebody a little good natured grief if my favorite team beat their favorite team? Nah, cause I pretty much suck. Haven't heard what the players might have said, but have seen some articles that McDaniel said something to the effect of "we own you." Smack between players I get...between coaches and players, not so much...no matter who initiates it.

Excuse me, aren't you the irritating SD fan from last week? I'm sorry but your temporary membership to this thread has expired. You must leave now.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:09 PM   #552
East Coast Rider
Just Me...

Oddometer: 3,858
As you wish...for now
Me: Give 'em hell, little Bro!
Dan: Roger that.
East Coast Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 11:20 PM   #553
Jurgen
Trolljegeren

Quote:
I know better. AF seems to get in a good one against BYU about every fifth or sixth year. Other than that BYU gets up on 'em early which makes the option/flex bone attack near worthless for a team with a mediocre passing attack. AF's starting QB went out early with an injury and everything went downhill from there.

For what it's worth BYU seems to be the colllege equivalent of the San Diego Chargers. Smartass QB's, arrogant and obnoxious overall, and a flair for taunting.

As for SD, think about it for a minute. Do you ever recall them being the way they are now prior to Rivers showing up? I don't, the entire teams' taken on his personna.
Probably did not help AFA that BYU had almost overlooked UNM and nearly burned the week before.

Quote:

Old 11-25-2009, 12:49 PM   #554
spanky OP
Well, maybe...

What Petey said...

Peter King of SI sez Gints 27 Broncos 20.

I invited guest pickers but no one stepped forward so I guess I'll do the ckickenshit thing and not offer a prediction.

No, wait, I changed my mind (does that make me female?? ), I predict Broncos 23-20.

Back to Fatso at SI, he came up with an interesting bit of trivia: When was the last time the Giants played in Denver? Monday, September 10, 2001. The day before 9/11.

Eddie Mack broke his leg during the game and never came back. I'm reading about it on line the next morning at the office and my phone rings. It's a buddy calling to tell me that an airliner just crashed into one of the WTC buildings. I'm thinking "wow, that sucks, I hope not too many people died." Then he tells me the media's saying it might have been intentional. I walked across the hall to a meeting room that happened to have a TV and turned it on to watch the coverage......right up to the point where the second plane hit then I started to cry. Football hasn't seemed so fucking important since then.
Old 11-25-2009, 02:33 PM   #555
Jurgen
Trolljegeren

Quote:
Peter King of SI sez Gints 27 Broncos 20.

I invited guest pickers but no one stepped forward so I guess I'll do the ckickenshit thing and not offer a prediction.

No, wait, I changed my mind (does that make me female?? ), I predict Broncos 23-20.

Back to Fatso at SI, he came up with an interesting bit of trivia: When was the last time the Giants played in Denver? Monday, September 10, 2001. The day before 9/11.

Eddie Mack broke his leg during the game and never came back. I'm reading about it on line the next morning at the office and my phone rings. It's a buddy calling to tell me that an airliner just crashed into one of the WTC buildings. I'm thinking "wow, that sucks, I hope not too many people died." Then he tells me the media's saying it might have been intentional. I walked across the hall to a meeting room that happened to have a TV and turned it on to watch the coverage......right up to the point where the second plane hit then I started to cry. Football hasn't seemed so fucking important since then.
Tough sad day, listening to the radio on commute to work-- first one had hit--my thoughts like yours, "probably a small plane, sad... next one hit... thoughts, 'We are at war'" Sad Sad day indeed.

Broncos 13- Giants 16

Jurgen
Jurgen

Quote:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: