Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2013, 10:22 PM   #1771
Farmer Roy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by lentil View Post
How you been mate , ? havent seen you for ages ?

Hahaha

you know how much I luv T Rex
Farmer Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:41 PM   #1772
Farmer Roy
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lentil View Post
How you been mate , ? havent seen you for ages ?
umm, so u goin for a ride or what?
Old 07-19-2013, 12:30 AM   #1773
Rider 101
Wannabe adventurer

Oddometer: 721
forecast

Sunday has gone from cloudy and 10 degrees early in the week to sunny and 15 tonight! I'll take the camera and post a pic of Breeza from on high!
Rider 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 12:30 AM   #1774
Rider 101
Wannabe adventurer

nice ride

Nice easy ride to Breeza lookout if a little cold ( 4 on the dash ). Bumped into Farmer Roy. Nice to put a face to a name. I will do a RR during the week and work out how to get pics up loaded.
Old 07-21-2013, 03:31 AM   #1775
Farmer Roy
Gnarly Adventurer

umm, cudnt rope anyone from here into a ride so decided to hav a family day out instead
went over pandoras pass to coolah tops, breeza lookout
great day for it
lots of good riding up thru this way when we can get a few blokes together

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider 101 View Post
Nice easy ride to Breeza lookout if a little cold ( 4 on the dash ). Bumped into Farmer Roy. Nice to put a face to a name. I will do a RR during the week and work out how to get pics up loaded.

yeah, pity i wasnt on a bike
good to meet you
shall hav to get together sometime for a ride
look forward to your pics, some great views ther
pinnacle lookout good to
Old 07-21-2013, 11:00 PM   #1776
shedmarket
Chris

Oddometer: 456
Hi gentlemen, I am planning for a few of us coasties to wonder over to your wonderful territory for long weekend wander, probably the weekend of the 9, 10, 11 August (the missus is in Sydney with her friends seeing Pink so what better time for me to go away with a few of my mates).

Planning on the following roads/towns. first night will be Gloucester, second night Barraba.

Day 1. https://www.google.com.au/maps/ms?ms...9f0dfd9b&msa=0
Day 2. https://www.google.com.au/maps/ms?ms...950006,4.22699
Day 3. https://www.google.com.au/maps/ms?ms...966532,4.22699

Quite naturally, if anyone wants to tag along or catch up on any (or all) of the journey you are most welcome.

I was also looking at the Morrisons Gap/Head Of Peel Roads loop around Nundle, Google shows them on it's maps but they are hard to see on the satellite pictures. Do they go all the way around? I have been caught by Google before so some real world knowledge would be appreciated.

Cheers

Chris
shedmarket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:00 AM   #1777
Rider 101
Wannabe adventurer

morrison's

Chris,
I am pretty certain the track through Morrison's gap goes through private property and as such the gates will be locked. Maybe someone from Tamworth might be able to clarify.
The run from Gloucester over Barrington is quite easy; 2wd forest road. If you have a little more time and want a bit more of a challenge head up Thunderbolts way ( Walcha road ), turn left on Curricabark rd and head to Moonan Flat through Tomalla ( check route on Google maps ).

The run from Quirindi to Gunnedah you have picked has some good fast gravel roads.

Other than that I can't offer too much advise but Barrington will be cold. If it snows the gates will be locked until any snow melts ( not very common)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shedmarket View Post
Hi gentlemen, I am planning for a few of us coasties to wonder over to your wonderful territory for long weekend wander, probably the weekend of the 9, 10, 11 August (the missus is in Sydney with her friends seeing Pink so what better time for me to go away with a few of my mates).

Planning on the following roads/towns. first night will be Gloucester, second night Barraba.

Day 1. https://www.google.com.au/maps/ms?ms...9f0dfd9b&msa=0
Day 2. https://www.google.com.au/maps/ms?ms...950006,4.22699
Day 3. https://www.google.com.au/maps/ms?ms...966532,4.22699

Quite naturally, if anyone wants to tag along or catch up on any (or all) of the journey you are most welcome.

I was also looking at the Morrisons Gap/Head Of Peel Roads loop around Nundle, Google shows them on it's maps but they are hard to see on the satellite pictures. Do they go all the way around? I have been caught by Google before so some real world knowledge would be appreciated.

Cheers

Chris
Old 07-22-2013, 02:15 AM   #1778
Richard H
XTZ 660

Oddometer: 333
Quote:
Chris,
I am pretty certain the track through Morrison's gap goes through private property and as such the gates will be locked. Maybe someone from Tamworth might be able to clarify.
T
Rider 101 - I'm in Tamworth and can check the gates. I have only been in town a few months where exactly is Morrison's Ga?

RH
Old 07-22-2013, 02:20 AM   #1779
Rider 101
Wannabe adventurer

comboyne

Originally Posted by shedmarket

Just checking some of your day one. A really good diversion from Comboyne would be to turn right on Main St, right on Lorne Rd and the right on Koppin Yarrat Rd. Koppin Yarrat is all down hill to Upper Landsdowne and winding dirt. If you go that way stop at the intersection with Lorne rd and check out the view. To the left is Laurieton, in front and to the right is the Manning valley and behind you could mistake the scenery from something from England.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:10 AM   #1780
shedmarket
Chris

Oddometer: 456
Quote:
Just checking some of your day one. A really good diversion from Comboyne would be to turn right on Main St, right on Lorne Rd and the right on Koppin Yarrat Rd. Koppin Yarrat is all down hill to Upper Landsdowne and winding dirt. If you go that way stop at the intersection with Lorne rd and check out the view. To the left is Laurieton, in front and to the right is the Manning valley and behind you could mistake the scenery from something from England.
We went through this area ourselves in January and went around Koppin Yarrat Road as it was closed indefinitely due to a landslip, not sure if it has been fixed up yet.

Your other option further up Thunderbolts Way I am familiar with, the first half anyway. We supplied and built the fire shed at Bennie's Top a good few years ago. I delivered the roller doors in our old truck, the 50 odd kilometres took well over an our each way, I only got out of third gear (out of 7) once or twice the whole bloody way. Spectacular country, I am saving that for another time.

Cheers
shedmarket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:26 PM   #1781
Rider 101
Wannabe adventurer

shame

Chris,
sad to hear Koppin Yarrat closed. It's been a few years since I have ridden up there. Makes you wonder if all our road fund tax and fuel taxes go into more congestion in Sydney.

I did the run from Tomalla through Benny's Top about 12 months ago and it was pretty good. It would be a nice climb up to Tomalla but if time is limited then the Scone Moonan road will be quick but probably a bit pot holed.
Old 07-22-2013, 01:32 PM   #1782
Rider 101
Wannabe adventurer

morrison's

Hi Richard,
if you head to Nundle then take the road to Crawney hang a left on Head of Peel road a couple of k's south of Nundle. You might be able to talk to the farmer who owns the property and find out if he locks his gates. On the maps there is a trail from HOP to Morrisons gap which comes of the Hanging Rock - Barry road.

If you are out that way have a beer at the Peel Inn Nundle and check out the 2 head calf in a bottle ( if they still have it ) on a shelf in the back bar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard H View Post
Rider 101 - I'm in Tamworth and can check the gates. I have only been in town a few months where exactly is Morrison's Ga?

RH
Old 07-23-2013, 01:42 AM   #1783
Colonial Mick
Nettle Licker

Oddometer: 2,408
Chris
Try this route. I can't get Google maps to do the route for me but from Wauchope go out past Gingers Creek and turn off down Cells River Road and go to Gloucester that way.If you must go to Comboyne go up off the Oxley onto Toms creek rd you won't forget that trip.
I can get you from Kempsey to Gloucester all dirt but a few kms if you want.
https://www.google.com.au/maps?saddr...sz=18&t=m&z=11
.. -.-. --- ..- .-.. -.. -. .----. - --. .. ...- . .- ..-. .- - .-. .- - ... - .. -
Colonial Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:01 AM   #1784
Rider 101
Wannabe adventurer

wimp

I am planning a ride up to Gingers but not sure if I am game to take the 800GS through the Cells. Done it plenty of times on the WR. I will probably wimp out and do Knodingbul back to Mt George.

Colonial Mick might be able to advise it suitable for a bigger bike.
Old 07-23-2013, 03:35 AM   #1785
lentil OP
All round nice guy

Oddometer: 7,347
Quote:
I am planning a ride up to Gingers but not sure if I am game to take the 800GS through the Cells. Done it plenty of times on the WR. I will probably wimp out and do Knodingbul back to Mt George.

Colonial Mick might be able to advise it suitable for a bigger bike.
I saw a HP2 witha 17 inch motard in there one day

800 I reckon youd be all over it

Apple fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy safari carpente View Post
It's the classic freudian slip... "come out of the closet, and jump into the jaccuzzi with the rest of us..."
lentil is online now   Reply With Quote