Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2009, 08:21 PM   #31
lentil OP
All round nice guy

Oddometer: 7,621
Quote:
Originally Posted by medicmick
leith/lentil, i don't live there but I'm still cleaning your dust off my house, bikes and furniture. do i qualify?

may be in tamworth (work) 21st/22nd october. Mick.
Em know wantock, eny Wantock bilong!

I wont be available for a 21st ride but would be happy to catch up in tamworth as I work over here a couple of days a week - maybe have an afternoon beverage!

Apple fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy safari carpente View Post
It's the classic freudian slip... "come out of the closet, and jump into the jaccuzzi with the rest of us..."
lentil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:46 PM   #32
Nandewar
Sound sound the clarion

Oddometer: 277
The road over Spine Kop ( spelling???) is a good short cut to Barraba via Maules Creek from Narrabri. I've ridden it without drama on my old GS1150 and also on the GSA1200. It is an interesting road. It comes out on the Boggabri - Barraba Rd. We are very very lucky in Narrabri with a flaming great mountain range at our back door and the flatlands at our front with any sort of riding you want in between.

There are some good one day loops around the mountain with lunch at either Bingara or Barraba. I have never been on the Barraba track but from what I hear it shouldn't be toooooo much of a challenge getting the GSA up there. A KTM should be even easier. My wife has been down it in a Subaru (government owned).

Is that Pidgeon English you where sprouting back there Lentil? Yu savy tok pidgeon?
Nandewar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:53 PM   #33
GTinAus
nutsplitter

Oddometer: 1,249
Quote:
Originally Posted by lentil
Yeah Brett you may be right, those ag pilots are a dangerous breed

OK well an overnighter to kaputar might be on the books then as well!! I wonder how Jase will go with the 950 up some single track?? (let alone me)

Anybody going over to the pony express in horton next weekend?

I cant make it as I am taking the missus away for a holiday but as usual I think it would be a top day
the Pony Express is on in Upper Horton on the 17 th Oct, not next weekend. i will be running.

Might be interested in an odd ride or 2 as well..

GTinAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 01:04 AM   #34
lentil OP
All round nice guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTinAus
the Pony Express is on in Upper Horton on the 17 th Oct, not next weekend. i will be running.

Might be interested in an odd ride or 2 as well..
Giddy up thanks GT i had written it down as the weekend after the long weekend -

Good luck - I reckon its cracker course!!

Look forward to a yarn and ride at some stage!!

Apple fanboy

Quote:
It's the classic freudian slip... "come out of the closet, and jump into the jaccuzzi with the rest of us..."
Old 09-30-2009, 01:05 AM   #35
lentil OP
All round nice guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nandewar
The road over Spine Kop ( spelling???) is a good short cut to Barraba via Maules Creek from Narrabri. I've ridden it without drama on my old GS1150 and also on the GSA1200. It is an interesting road. It comes out on the Boggabri - Barraba Rd. We are very very lucky in Narrabri with a flaming great mountain range at our back door and the flatlands at our front with any sort of riding you want in between.

There are some good one day loops around the mountain with lunch at either Bingara or Barraba. I have never been on the Barraba track but from what I hear it shouldn't be toooooo much of a challenge getting the GSA up there. A KTM should be even easier. My wife has been down it in a Subaru (government owned).

Is that Pidgeon English you where sprouting back there Lentil? Yu savy tok pidgeon?
Well I think we need to put that one on my list of rides to do the (spion kopp) been wanting to do it for ages!!

Apple fanboy

Quote:
Old 09-30-2009, 02:28 AM   #36
Bernie68
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 304
G,day All

With regard to the Aussie day long weekend ride / State of Origin ride.
I am ex Gunnedah now in Toowoomba
Surely i would qualify
Tiny mite write me a reference if i need one
Bernie68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 03:10 AM   #37
gateman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,118
G'day GT.
A couple of us will be floating about at Horton before a run across to Baan Baa. Look for a TDM or a silver Vstrom. The Vstroms man is making breakfast Saturday. What are you riding?
Lentil You got me looking at maps. Also want your bike over here for a few days to sort those awfull pig pullin bars out, seeya
Gateman
gateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 03:31 AM   #38
HoldoninAus
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by lentil
Em know wantock, eny Wantock bilong!

I wont be available for a 21st ride but would be happy to catch up in tamworth as I work over here a couple of days a week - maybe have an afternoon beverage!
Bevies? Did someone say bevies???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nandewar

There's too many good rides in this thread to wait until the Aussie day long weekend. When does everyone have a spare weekend? Leith, you're the one who started this thread. Post it up.
“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!”
HoldoninAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 05:28 AM   #39
lentil OP
All round nice guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldoninAus
Bevies? Did someone say bevies???

There's too many good rides in this thread to wait until the Aussie day long weekend. When does everyone have a spare weekend? Leith, you're the one who started this thread. Post it up.
I am out for alittle while november at least - but november might be either a day ride or and overnighter?

Ill find some dates and get back to you!!

Apple fanboy

Quote:
Old 10-01-2009, 02:49 AM   #40
RedRum
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Hi lentil Can vouch for bernie68 as I also came from GDH. He happens to be my brother.
RedRum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 03:03 AM   #41
GTinAus
nutsplitter

Oddometer: 1,249
Quote:
Originally Posted by gateman
G'day GT.
A couple of us will be floating about at Horton before a run across to Baan Baa. Look for a TDM or a silver Vstrom. The Vstroms man is making breakfast Saturday. What are you riding?
Lentil You got me looking at maps. Also want your bike over here for a few days to sort those awfull pig pullin bars out, seeya
Gateman
Going over Fri night, with son and son in law, all riding.

Am on a CRF 450 (we will be in a white Kia sorento, with a white enclosed trailer), and normally camp on the fence directly across from the club, ie the fence near where the competitors cross the creek, before going over the start/finish line.

GTinAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 03:10 AM   #42
clarky
05' 640 Adv

Oddometer: 460
Gday Leith,

I will be in for a ride where ever, will be tied up for the next month or two with harvest on, but after that I will be keen.

Seeing everyone is mentioned fav roads, Yetman, down the Bedwell Downs Road, to McIntyre falls, back roads to Ashford, across to near Emmaville, back up over the hill to the Texas road, home via the old texas-yetman road......good fun for half a day on a sunday.

cheers Clarky
Old 10-01-2009, 03:18 AM   #43
gateman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,118
14th and 15th November is out for me at this stage.
Got to go to a shoot in Gosford/ Xmass party...lots of prawns and stuff
gateman
gateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 03:57 AM   #44
HoldoninAus
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTinAus
Going over Fri night, with son and son in law, all riding.

Am on a CRF 450 (we will be in a white Kia sorento, with a white enclosed trailer), and normally camp on the fence directly across from the club, ie the fence near where the competitors cross the creek, before going over the start/finish line.
Upper Horton would have to be the pick of the NIPE series. It's nearly a shame to be racing along some of those ridge tops, be nice to slow down and take a look at the view every now and then. I was always too busy holding on for grim death.
Do they still have all the good give aways?
“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!”
HoldoninAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 04:09 AM   #45
lentil OP
All round nice guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarky
Gday Leith,

I will be in for a ride where ever, will be tied up for the next month or two with harvest on, but after that I will be keen.

Seeing everyone is mentioned fav roads, Yetman, down the Bedwell Downs Road, to McIntyre falls, back roads to Ashford, across to near Emmaville, back up over the hill to the Texas road, home via the old texas-yetman road......good fun for half a day on a sunday.

cheers Clarky
Clarky now I feel like a right ass!!

I still have your DVD I have to get it back to you PM your adress again and I will send with a couple of extras!!

Apple fanboy

Quote: