Don't stress mate, I knew where it was, haven't needed so no worries
Old 10-01-2009, 04:28 AM   #47
Rev Tiny
Twisted Archer

Oddometer: 2,602
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernie68
G,day All

With regard to the Aussie day long weekend ride / State of Origin ride.
I am ex Gunnedah now in Toowoomba
Surely i would qualify
Tiny mite write me a reference if i need one
Bernie is a great bloke off the cuff transported some parts from the coast to Coonamble way out of his way just to help a bloke that he had never met out
oh and he rides a klr so he has to be worth traveling with
'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.'
tEAM nONG
Rev Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 08:57 PM   #48
GTinAus
nutsplitter

Oddometer: 1,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldoninAus
Upper Horton would have to be the pick of the NIPE series. It's nearly a shame to be racing along some of those ridge tops, be nice to slow down and take a look at the view every now and then. I was always too busy holding on for grim death.
Do they still have all the good give aways?
Still have all the giveaways......and the speed I travel, especially on the ridge top, I get a good view of the valley...but I still have to hold on for grim death.

Although if you look down too much, I find I get vertigo...

GTinAus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:22 PM   #49
lentil OP
All round nice guy

Oddometer: 7,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinyjk
Bernie is a great bloke off the cuff transported some parts from the coast to Coonamble way out of his way just to help a bloke that he had never met out
oh and he rides a klr so he has to be worth traveling with
Berie you are welcome on any of our rides!!

hope to see you along!! soon!!

Regards

Leith

Apple fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy safari carpente View Post
It's the classic freudian slip... "come out of the closet, and jump into the jaccuzzi with the rest of us..."
lentil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 04:49 AM   #50
Nandewar
Sound sound the clarion

Oddometer: 276
Browtownboy and I got inspired with all this talk of a ride and met up near Terry Hie Hie for a quick spin. The road is the eastern gravel link between Narrabri and Moree. We then slipped over the range on the Terregee Rd to Rocky Creek and then into Bingara for lunch at the Imperial. Pete then scooted home via GravesEnd and I slabbed it through a thunderstorm back over to the western side of the mountain.

A great easy ride.
This is Terregee Rd. It is one of my favourite easy loops from Narrabri.
Attached Images

Nandewar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 04:55 AM   #51
Nandewar
Sound sound the clarion

We stopped off at Rocky Creek for a cool off.
An easy ride with a bit of whatever you want without the people and traffic. Who would live anywhere else?
Have a good weekend everyone
Attached Images

Old 10-02-2009, 02:11 PM   #52
lentil OP
All round nice guy

Oddometer: 7,248
Nice one Brett!!

looks awesome!! I love that road as well we used to live in Moree as a kid and come back to horton just about every holidays and a heap of weekends I would love to do it on a bike- so many roads so little time!

and yes that was Pigeon english, Yu Tok Tok Pisin?

Heres a couple of photos from A trip to warrabah National park a while back

Apple fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy safari carpente View Post
It's the classic freudian slip... "come out of the closet, and jump into the jaccuzzi with the rest of us..."
lentil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 05:07 PM   #53
bardo
Bardo

Oddometer: 66
Narrabri

Hi Guys,
Just found this thread (Gday Brett) & thought I'd give an update on the roads.As a local I ride SPION KOP,Barraba/Kaputar 4wd track,Terridgerie etc regularly & they are all easy enough on a BMW12G as we have taken guys on all these roads. Spion Kop has recently had a big upgrade & I bet you could put a Commodore over it now (fukked up agood ride!!!!!). Barraba to Kaputar is a great ride with a few tight spots but doable on 12g; a few issues with the key, they only have 10 & 1 is needed per bike, they don't release any keys if it looks like or has rained even a few mm's, & they are supposed to be returned same day making it hard to do a loop from Barraba to Narrabri, keys only available in Barraba not Narrabri.I am certainly interested in a ride sometime but harvest is looming so all October NFG for me.
Ride on, Bardo.
bardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 11:13 PM   #54
Nandewar
Sound sound the clarion

Hey Bardo... you're da man. You know every little goat track in the north west. What the hell sort of name is SPION KOP anyway???

Sounds like November is looking like the time for a ride. I'm pretty keen on an overnighter preferably around a camp fire. We've got Uralla, Gunnedah, Moree, Coonamble, Narrabri, Tamworth, plus a few ring ins from North of the border and sorry to anyone I missed. Sounds bigger than Ben Hur.

So where are we going to go????
Old 10-04-2009, 12:03 AM   #55
Rev Tiny
Twisted Archer

Oddometer: 2,602
somewhere cool
'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.'
tEAM nONG
Rev Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 12:44 AM   #56
Nandewar
Sound sound the clarion

November used to be the Byrock get together. It has fizzled in the last couple of years. Maybe we need another venue for us northeners instead of the Pooncarrie/Mungo run.

Greg posted Nindigully as a suggestion. There is camping available and if it gets too hot we could retire to the bar. It might be easier to organise too if there are more than a hat full of starters. We might even be able to get a few more from further afield.

We might have trouble finding somewhere cool Tinyjk, but there are plenty of places that we could work up a thirst getting too.

Any other suggestions?
Old 10-04-2009, 02:07 AM   #57
Colonial Mick
Nettle Licker

Oddometer: 2,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by lentil
Nice one Brett!!

looks awesome!! I love that road as well we used to live in Moree as a kid and come back to horton just about every holidays and a heap of weekends I would love to do it on a bike- so many roads so little time!

and yes that was Pigeon english, Yu Tok Tok Pisin?

Heres a couple of photos from A trip to warrabah National park a while back

This brings back memories Leith.I love camping there as there is usually no one around.I camp just behind where you took this photo and usually get a good feed of fish too.
.. -.-. --- ..- .-.. -.. -. .----. - --. .. ...- . .- ..-. .- - .-. .- - ... - .. -
Colonial Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 03:22 AM   #58
HoldoninAus
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nandewar
November used to be the Byrock get together. It has fizzled in the last couple of years. Maybe we need another venue for us northeners instead of the Pooncarrie/Mungo run.

Greg posted Nindigully as a suggestion. There is camping available and if it gets too hot we could retire to the bar. It might be easier to organise too if there are more than a hat full of starters. We might even be able to get a few more from further afield.

We might have trouble finding somewhere cool Tinyjk, but there are plenty of places that we could work up a thirst getting too.

Any other suggestions?
What about Warrabah? That pic of Leiths has brought back some good memories. Good camping with a cool relax in the river knocking back a few ales sounds pretty good in Novemeber heat. Could be a meet out west somewhere, SPION KOP Saturday, then a run over through Kaputar on Sunday.
“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!”
HoldoninAus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 03:35 AM   #59
BROTOWNBOY
Gnarly Adventurer

I've been camping at Warrabah before also and that is a cracker spot. I'm happy to go anywhere but will away on 14/15 nov.
BROTOWNBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 04:18 PM   #60
gateman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,036
G'day boys.
I think I have the key problem solved.
My wife could run out and back in to get the key back to town etc without any trouble. We can sort that however this turns out to run.
We are off for a picnic today so Ill do some recon on the key issue.
I can't see what the problem with onighting the key would be. greg should be OK.
Regards Gateman.
PS: us old farts on oversize bikes might need some options/ alternative routes if I feel a bit out of my depth.

gateman screwed with this post 10-05-2009 at 01:43 AM
gateman is online now   Reply With Quote