Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2009, 08:39 PM   #46
FlySniper
Bleh...

Oddometer: 1,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by VFR_firefly
Her "support group" is going to support her right into the brick wall she is speeding towards. At least the bike is put away until next year. She's a big enough girl (vavoom!) so that if she drops it on herself in the garage she probably won't be hurt too badly. And if she gets stuck under it while polishing the chrome this winter she can probably last for months on her stored fat. As long as she can reach the hose she was washing it with for drinking water...

Do big fat harley chicks hibernate for the winter in candidia?

I really shouldn't laugh at something that harsh and unfair... but I did!

Do you ghostwrite for Stephen King by any chance?
FlySniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 09:57 PM   #47
megaira
Capt. Vimes Biggest Fan

Oddometer: 95
If someone has her email, maybe send her over to beginnerbikers.org?

She's picked an intimidating first bike, which makes everything so much more stressful than is necessary. I have to give her points for going out to practice, but it's a wash though when you subtract for impatience and lack of common sense in the purchase.

I'm so hugely entertained that you were banned, Mike. Her support group sounds like a bunch of rabid vagina-power pirhana.
megaira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 01:46 AM   #48
Wheedle
I love inflatable fun!

Oddometer: 3,772
Quote:
Originally Posted by VFR_firefly
It's a lifestyle...
Its a prepackaged image of a lifestyle...

Life is short, Enjoy the ride!
- Todd Phillips
Ride in peace brother.....
Wheedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 03:40 PM   #49
Trophy Mike OP
w/extreme prejudice

Oddometer: 796
Time to finally weigh in here with extreme prejudice. Any rider exhibiting this much anxiety not to mention lack of the most basic skills should not be on a motorcycle interacting with other traffic. It is dangerous, less than ethical and bit selfish. Her dream of riding this Harley, or any machine clearly out of her depth, will no doubt become everyone else's nightmare as her circle widens. The encouragement she is getting from her riding group is the worse thing needed at this point. One can only hope she gets into a situation potent enough to scare her into some sort of re-evaluation without causing any bodily harm.
Trophy Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 06:56 PM   #50
T
®

Oddometer: 5,169
Maybe she can get some of these....

T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 05:29 PM   #51
Trophy Mike OP
w/extreme prejudice

Oddometer: 796
in space no one can hear you scream

(Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:44 pm) "SO LIKE ANYWAYS HERE we are just under 15,000 kilometers later ..what a spectaculor Ridin Season !! I could NEVER of done what I did without ALL my New Ridin' Buddies !! I joined CMC last YEAR in January 2009 at the BIKE Show and Never realized what a IMPACT joining this Club would have on my "Learning to Ride" Barbiedoll . I met so many friends who Rode with me in different stages of my Learnin' to Ride .The words of support the postive feedbacks good or not so good never swayed me from my desire to ride .I finally figured out the trick of my driveway (don't overthink just do it) I can now make a right or left hand TURN into my driveway without too much stress though it still makes me anxious at times but i do it anyways and it is all good .My parking in tight spots needs abit more practise but it's really looking good for the most part.I have been on pretty much every major highway and not at all nervous when Ridin' within a Group or at least with someone else in the mix. Though I have ridden on the 404 to Newmarket by myself on several occassions as well as the 407 numerous times.I generally do not get nervous on any Ride to anywhere at this point .When i look back at the beginning I can only SMILE and wonder OHHH My God how did I do it ??? But I did and that is all that matters today !! I do have to share a SECRET --I had alot of ONE on One coaching from certain members from different Chapters and I would like to say Thank You to --Skye and Schooner they spent alot of time ridin with me this summer .I rode with many Chapters in Group rides and Learnt by watching within the Group Rides.Oshawa was so Wecoming and I put on many miles ridin' with them and in the process made so many new ridin' buddies .Within my own chapter York Region the GUYS were so darn amazing they took such good care of Barbiedoll and me always letting me take the 3rd spot nomatter what !! Luis gave me the series "Ride like a Pro" and I highly recommend the DVD's to any new Rider !! If your thinking of learnin' to Ride but think you can't LET me be the FIRST to encourage you ..Its tough but oh so rewarding and so much FUN !! You will never Look back ..
Thank you everyone for Reading my lengthy blog and encouraging me with your comments ..Thank you ..
Its me Harleyryder"
trophycycleapparel.com - America's #1 Non-REV'IT! Dealer - Rukka Gear Discussion/FAQ

Trophy Mike screwed with this post 12-01-2009 at 11:09 AM
Trophy Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 07:02 PM   #52
rikki tikki tavi
mongoose is gone

Oddometer: 258
That was all a very lengthy read, but I enjoyed it. Good on her for conquering her fears and gaining some skill. At least she made it through the newbie experience unharmed.

But I pray she doesn't get tired of this and go on to get... A PILOTS LICENSE!
Old 11-24-2009, 07:51 PM   #53
IgoFar
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 633
I don't think she's out of the woods yet.
IgoFar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 08:12 PM   #54
Kommando
Grumpy Young Man

Oddometer: 7,077
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trophy Mike
(hard to look away)

"So many BIKES 2nite ..We rode up and i totally went into a nervous twitter Some Guy dropped his Deckker on the side of the road and all I could see was all these guys running to HELP pick up his Bike."
That must be the super-manly thing or something...technique-deficient dude riding a bike so big and heavy that he needs his boyfriends around just to help him pick it up when he drops it...onroad.

or:ymca ? You decide.

My thoughts? Riders like this are a danger to themselves and everybody else around them...Much like "stunnas" and squids that don't keep it in a closed area.

Practice away from public roads until you're no longer a catastrophe waiting to happen.

Kommando screwed with this post 11-24-2009 at 08:17 PM
Kommando is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 06:49 AM   #55
Jim Moore
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 13,025
9000 miles?! Good on her!

Pay the lady, PirateJohn, you thieving piece of garbage.
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=949341
Jim Moore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 07:38 AM   #56
Analog Kid
Too many hands on my time

Oddometer: 242
She does seem to be getting a little better at riding. It might be a big bike for a first time rider but she has the desire and is trying to improve. She also freely discusses her fears and difficulties. At work I get approached by men and women who would love to learn to ride but are afraid to try. They have questions about kinds of bikes, how long have I been riding, how did I learn, what's with all that riding gear, etc.

One thing I don't understand. What is the problem with her driveway and parking lots?

Daniel Boone
Analog Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 08:00 AM   #57
Aussijussi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,133
Did she get the Harley given to her free? Other than that why start with a heavy nonhandling bike?
Aussijussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 10:41 AM   #58
duck
Banned

Oddometer: 10,403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trophy Mike
"Anyone else think this person could use some (or more) rider education and a smaller bike?"

Afterwhich I was summarily banned with all posts deleted.
That's frickin' hilarious - in a bad kind of way obviously.

My .02:

I give her credit for working through her fears.

Seems as though she really prefers group rides. I wonder if she realizes the dangers inherent in that.

She's getting and taking pointers from other riders in the group. Makes me wonder if she's getting good advice or "when to lay her down" sort of advice. Professional instruction (in both English and riding) would benefit her.

Think of how dangerous she'll be once she THINKS she knows how to ride! (Not picking on her, we all go through that phase but in her case, on that bike, it could have a not so pretty outcome.)

I wish her good luck. She's gonna need it.
duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 11:07 AM   #59
jfurf
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 942
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian™
So that's what I've been doing wrong all this time. I don't think of my bike and I as a TEAM when riding!
The part where she's talking about "trusting the bike" is interesting. On one hand, you do need to learn to trust the bike's ability to maintain traction, but on the other hand I find that kind of disturbing because it's like she's ceding control of the vehicle to the vehicle itself rather than trying to be "one with the machine."

I remember when I went riding about a month after I took the MSF course and I first experienced that feeling of having the bike be an extension of me. It all kinda just "clicked" and suddenly I didn't have to consciously think about maneuvering the bike and it became more of an actual motor skill like throwing a ball.
jfurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 06:58 PM   #60
z987k
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by donstrom6
That was all a very lengthy read, but I enjoyed it. Good on her for conquering her fears and gaining some skill. At least she made it through the newbie experience unharmed.

But I pray she doesn't get tired of this and go on to get... A PILOTS LICENSE!
Don't worry about that, we make you work for that thing. If I heard a student with any of these uncertainties, only about flying, not only would they not be taking a checkride anytime soon, they would be doing a shit ton of reading before we went up again. We'd be reciting things like their life depended on it.... because really it may.

You don't blindly get a pilot's license... at least not with me, I've heard there are some shady 61 guys but I've not met any yet.
z987k is offline   Reply With Quote