ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2010, 03:47 PM   #61
Whiskytoast
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 393
I need an internship with a physical therapist in AZ

I'm a carpenter by trade, but I've been going to school for the last year or so trying to wait out crash.
I decided to get into a Physical Therapy Assistant program. I knocked out all of the prerequisites, except for the voluntary internship with a PT. I'm 41, clean cut, good attitude. I figured this might be a good place to ask with all the broken bones being talked about, one of you guys has to have a good hook up with a PT, let me know.I live in Peoria, but I'm happy to drive across town, Tuesdays and Thursdays are best, but I'll make any arrangements I can. my email is vavoso@cox.net or PM's are fine
Whiskytoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 09:14 PM   #62
wheatwhacker
It's raining here

Oddometer: 2,920
Ok, here's me.
Any work you need done with bobcat, backhoe, excavator and crane.
Site clearing, drainage, sewer, heavy lifting, you name it.
Keen rates and top quality work.
Available in bay area and surrounding areas
Old 12-03-2010, 11:13 AM   #63
Rob.G
Mostly Harmless

Oddometer: 2,131
Short Sale Expert

This applies to anywhere, not just Southern California where I'm located.

If you're looking for under-valued commercial deals that are off-market and you are ready to buy, PM me now. Please, serious buyers only.

Thanks.

Rob

PS: I also deal with residential properties at wholesale prices for cash buyers.
'10 Kawasaki KLX351S #320 For Sale!
Rob.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 11:25 PM   #64
owensdrylake
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Land sales and vacation cabin rentals

Rent out an original mountain cabin from the 30's up in the Eastern Sierra between Bishop and Mammoth.

http://www.hiltoncreek.com

Two wheel friendly, dirt, pavement, touring, Yosemite, you name it. Perfect for one or two, during the spring run-off the creek roars and splashes up to the deck.

Also have land for sale, southern California all the way up the 395 to Lassen county. Large and small acreage pieces, some perfect for bike riding or base camps. If you're looking to own desert land with easy monthly payments email me. Have some secluded mountain lots too with springs/streams.

owensdrylake@hotmail.com

owensdrylake screwed with this post 12-09-2010 at 11:31 PM Reason: make pretty add picture
owensdrylake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 06:04 PM   #65
jakethewonderpup
just ridin along

Oddometer: 320
SF Bay area BMW Riders

The time has come for an independent BMW repair shop in San Francisco... Bavarian Cycle Works opens its doors for business on Monday Dec 20 bright and early at 7;30 in the am. give us a call or shoot us an email
www.bavariancycleworks.com
415-829-8235
issa@bavariancycleworks.com
Old 12-17-2010, 06:06 PM   #66
Hank22
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 255
Fully Focused LLC

FULLY FOCUSED, a microscope service company dedicated to improving your image.

We repair and provide preventative maintenance to microscopes in the biomedical, industrial, semiconductor and educational markets. We are also experts with Nikon's wafer inspection products; Optistations, wafer loaders and DART software (Defect And Review Technology).

Fully Focused is based in the Phoenix Arizona area but our territory is as far as you are willing to pay.

hank@fullyfocusedllc.com
Hank22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:58 AM   #67
Daz the Aussie
Dualsporting Actor

Oddometer: 936
Assistant Manager position - San Fernando Valley.

The company that my wife works for is looking for an assistant manager if any of you guys are qualified and looking for a position.

The William Warren Group is an Entrepreneurial Real Estate Company that invests and manages various commercial assets throughout the West Coast including Hawaii. Our portfolio includes 50 properties comprising approximately 2.4M net rentable square feet valued at 300M; ranging from retail centers, multi-family housing and self storage facilities.

We are seeking a full-time Assistant Manager for our StorQuest Self Storage facility in Mission Hills.

Job Description:
• Maintain customer service and selling as the number one priority
• Maintain store appearance and product presentation to company standards
• Monitor tenant relations including analyzing, abstracting and monitoring leases, reviewing tenant billings, analyzing lease clauses, preparing leasing/tenant reports, enforcing tenant compliance, and ensuring that all landlord obligations are fulfilled
• Accounting duties including tenant rent collections and late notices
• Interface with your direct manager regarding leasing, operations, marketing, accounting and financial performance
• Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management

Skills and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree or 1-2 years of experience in retail sales or customer service
• Computer knowledge: Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook (Competency test administered).
• Must pass a background check
• Must have reliable transportation
• Excellent reference check
• Professional demeanor and appearance
• Bilingual in Spanish and English is a plus

This organization’s success has been built on people who are willing to take risks, make decisions and be held accountable. The company culture is energetic and fun with tremendous room for career advancement.

Compensation and Benefits:
• $11 per hour plus quarterly bonuses
• 401K matching
• Health and dental insurance benefits
• Paid vacation, sick and holidays
• Free self storage unit
• Contests with fun prizes and performance awards
• Quarterly regional fun events sponsored by the company (i.e. sporting events, concerts, outdoor activities, dinners, etc.)

For additional information, please visit our website at www.williamwarren.com and www.storquest.com.

"Where do I go now that I've gone too far?"

My actor site: www.dazbyard.com
Daz the Aussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:30 PM   #68
roundtripping
Adventourist

Oddometer: 1,702
My company is looking to fill the following positions:

http://www.forumone.com/careers

Information Architect (Alexandria, VA)
Information Architect (Seattle, WA)
Interface Engineer (Alexandria, VA)
Internet Research Analyst (Seattle, WA)
Senior Programmer/Technical Lead (Alexandria, VA)
Senior Programmer/Technical Lead (Seattle, WA)
Senior Project Officer (Alexandria, VA)
User Experience Associate (Alexandria, VA)
Web Developer (Alexandria, VA)
Web Developer (Seattle, WA)

We're a small web development / internet strategy company (~50 employees) focusing on non-profits, foundations and government agencies, nationally and internationally.

I've worked here for over 10 years and it's not by chance. The company culture and a bunch of smart coworkers make this a great place to work. We currently have offices in Seattle, WA and Alexandria, VA with a few other folks scattered around the country. If you have any questions on any of the positions or the company itself feel free to give me a holler.

My SPOT Tracker
roundtripping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 09:06 PM   #69
johngil
Reseda, CA

Oddometer: 3,792
I'm looking for some help learning how to edit video using Adobe Premiere Elements 9. I'm in the San Fernando Valley and would love a quick, informal lesson from an ADV rider familiar w/ this software and GoPro cameras.
johngil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 09:14 PM   #70
truckguy
awesomeness!

Oddometer: 206
Looking for a job (CA)

I'm looking for a job in the southern Cal region, preferably anywhere from LA to San Diego, but am open to other areas as well.

Most of my experience is in the shipping/logistics industry; I was a manager at FedEx for a number of years. I also am knowledgable in carpet cleaning, restoration, and the repair of the machines.

That's what I'm experienced in but am more than willing to learn anything. I'm 23 and have no bills so I don't need a lot of money but certainly enough to live on. I have money saved up so I don't need relocation or anything..just a job to come out to.

Its hard to find a job living so far away, so that's why I'm seeking assistance or if you know of anything. I can send a resume, PM me here, or call/text 918 576 1123. Thanks a lot in advance!

Motorcycling is the pursuit of life through motion, sometimes at speed, during which the sum total of one’s existence is defined in the conflict between centrifugal force and gravity.
truckguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:42 PM   #71
crazydrummerdude
Wacky Bongo Boy

Oddometer: 7,568
I lived in Antelope Valley all summer during an internship and I would like to return to southern California after I graduate in May of this year (2.5 months from now), but am generally interested in relocating "West."

Resume available on request, but summed up as:

Aerospace Engineer (Bachelors Degree)
Minor in Mathematics
Minor in Materials

Minor in Explosives Engineering
Certificate in Explosives Engineering

2 years of explosives engineering research.
3 years of microsatellite thruster research.
8 years of self employment; owned 2 businesses (one lawncare, one industrial tool sharpening).

Manual and CNC machine tool (lathe and mill) experience.

Previously employed in an aerospace prototype/design lab.
Currently employed in a foundry/machine shop.

Familiar with Solidworks, Catia, Ansys, MasterCAM, EasyCAM, Magmasoft, White Seismology, C++, HTML, Microsoft Office, CNC G-Code.

crazydrummerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:36 PM   #72
Dirtnadvil
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 798
Anyone need a welder?

My brother is looking for work. He was taking care of my dad for the last few years full time. He quit his job to do this. My dad passed away a couple of weeks ago and now my brother is looking for work. He has several years of welding experience as well as an areospace background. He has been working on a welding certification through Mount Sac however he stopped going when my dads health took a nose dive in Dec. What he needs now is a job. If you think that you have a job for him, please pm me and I will have my brother contact you. My brother is very honest and if he doesn't think that he will work out for you he will be upfront about it so he doesn't waste your time or his. He lives in Dana Point, Ca. Thanks for reading this.........John
Dirtnadvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 08:35 AM   #73
Augie_Dogie
Ride More; Post Less

Oddometer: 878
I'll add my $.02....

Employment:
Molycorp Minerals, LLC
Mountain Pass, CA
www.molycorp.com
navigate to human resources

Multiple Positions, presently:

Account Manager
Entry Level Lab Chemist-Contract
Field Services Chemist
Human Resources Representative
Inventory Coordinator
Journeyman Electrician
Mechanical Superintendent
New Construction Accountant
Operator Trainee
Process Engineer
Purchasing Agent
Senior Project Engineer
Shift Supervisor
Warehouse Supervisor
Positional needs changer weekly.

HTH/A_D
Augie_Dogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 07:59 PM   #74
Lonestar2112
scatology expert

Oddometer: 6,890
Employment with Uncle Sam at Ridgecrest and Point Mugu CA.

Now accepting applicants with advanced degrees (PhD and Masters) and Bachelors and Masters with a GPA of 3.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale in the following categories for immediate appointments: Aerospace Engineer, Chemical Engineer, Computer Engineer, Electrical/Electronic Engineer, Materials Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Chemistry, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Operations Research Analyst

Website for more info:

http://www.navair.navy.mil/nawcwd/na...ent/index.html

Wypierdalaj ty chuju jebany
F*CK CANCER
Lonestar2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 01:40 PM   #75
jesusgatos
fishing with dynamite

Oddometer: 2,357
product designer

I'm a freelance product designer, and do a lot of work in the outdoor sports and motorsports industries.

Crux Studio