ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2013, 07:22 PM   #121
riceless950
Let's Ride!

Oddometer: 3,231
There are some BUMPS in the road.... http://www.trulia.com/property/31135...-92256#photo-7
Quote:
Originally Posted by riceless950 View Post
The Family w/o Rice is moving to greener pastures. Our loss could be your moto gain.

$145K

Dualsport ride from your garage, Primo 50, 100, 150, 200 plus.

[IMG]Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug[/IMG]

Check the pics. Ask your friends. Click Link Below
http://riceless950.smugmug.com/Other...tGZDx&lb=1&s=A

9394 Green Trail, Morongo Valley.... Google it. PM me.
http://www.trulia.com/property/31135...-92256#photo-7
riceless950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:54 PM   #122
2old2race
I wana ride

Oddometer: 1,114
Your Private Mojave Camp Ground

Bob Basen - Coldwell Banker Commercial

50 Acres near Harpers Dry Lake, perfect for private camp for you and your riding buddies - $30,000. PM for map

Other than this specific property, here are the other services I provide
  • Acquisitions & Sales
  • Valuation Services
  • Site Location
  • Design & Development
  • Investment Analysis
  • Consulting
  • Dispositions
  • Assist with Property Management
  • Strategic Real Estate Planning
  • Market Surveys and Analysis
  • Due Diligence and Feasibility Studies

Bob
'08 KLR650
'07 Tiger 1050 - Gone
'98 XR440 - Getting a frame up rebuild
'89 XR250 - Needs a Lic Plate
2old2race is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:42 AM   #123
sandwash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,312
3$ a pint for Coors Light, Blue Moon 4$ 12 pack 12-15$ CL but the view is worth it:
Old 07-14-2013, 03:47 PM   #124
seabee1
we build, we fight

Oddometer: 2,478
Personal Touch Motorcycle Storage

Motorcycle storage in sunny Arizona now up and running. If you have a vacation bike, no room for storage or a bike you don't want your significant other to know about; we have the place for you. Climate control storage, checked on daily, alarmed, and can be on a tender. Call Don for details 602-451-8262.

I can also transport bikes locally if needed.

I can arrange a service for your bike with zen moto or a shop of your choice so the bike is ready when you arrive.

www.dehmotorcycle.com
Motorcycle storage with a personal touch

seabee1 screwed with this post 07-16-2013 at 04:37 PM
seabee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:19 AM   #125
Rapid Dog
bikes, booze, broads...

Oddometer: 9,077
Electronics Tech I (Yuma, AZ)

Careers website at: www.arcataassoc.com

Rapid Dog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 12:50 PM   #126
esblow
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
No Longer Needed - Print Production Associate in the Bay Area

I work for a legal administration company in San Rafael, CA. Our three person Print Production Department has dwindled down to a one person department, me. HR has approved bringing on one person who would directly report to me and assist in the daily production and revision of our printed materials. This is not a visual design position. The applicant would need to have previous typesetting, prepress, printing skills and be able to work and communicate with our large print vendors on a professional level.

There are already a couple of us that are riders in the office, it be fun to have a third. Please PM me asap if interested. We are currently conducting interviews and I'm being pushed to fill the position asap.

Below is the pasted text from the posting HR placed on CL:

Print Production Associate (San Rafael)
Summary of Position:
Under the supervision of the Print Production Manager, this position is primarily responsible for the formatting and proofing of documents for printing/mailing. The Associate provides expertise in the conversion of documents received from clients into print ready documents under stringent time constraints, interfacing closely with internal teams.

Major Responsibilities:
The Print Production Associate must be able to perform each of these functions consistently in a timely, accurate, and otherwise satisfactory and professional manner.
Responsible for designing various types of forms to meet client specifications
Generate accurate PDF proofs for client approval
Preflight and prepare incoming files for print production (offset and digital)
Clearly communicate file issues and recommend solutions
Understand and implement specifications for successful scanning and object character recognition techniques into form design elements.
Develop print add "tombstone" layouts ready for publication
Experience with Variable Data Printing (mail merge)
Collaborate with internal teams to recommend solutions, communicate progress, and evaluate results that ensure print project outcomes support project goals.
Responsible for version control and document management in a network environment.
Carefully execute document revisions required by team members.
Follow instructions carefully and timely.
Ensure all projects are produced on schedule and meet budget and quality standards.
Adhere to company goals, objectives, standards of performance, and policies and procedures.
Job Requirements:
Skills and Knowledge:
The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities a Document Formatter must possess and demonstrate. This is not a design position
Able to demonstrate proficiency in desktop publishing software with a strong emphasis on typography
Excellent working knowledge of the tools of the trade, i.e. print ready PDFs, and the software used in the graphic design, OCR technology
Working knowledge of class action administration as well as print production processes
Multiple, concurrent project planning, prioritization and management
Energetic and self-motivated
Strategic thought regarding design and best use of documents
Creative, organized, detail oriented, execution-driven professional
Clear and consistent communication skills with the ability to understand and follow instructions and obtain clarification where needed
Ability to be team player
Ability to work in a highly productive environment
Positive attitude
Regular and reliable attendance in accordance with established work schedule
Degrees/Certificates:
BA preferred
Job Experience:
Document formatting, typesetting, font management, and/or print production/prepress experience
Previous experience in Adobe (InDesign CS5 (Photoshop CS2 and Illustrator CS2 a plus, but not required)) and Microsoft 2010 (Word, Publisher, Excel, Access)

2009 Kawasaki KLR650
1983 Volkswagen Vanagon Westfalia

esblow screwed with this post 10-17-2013 at 04:42 PM
esblow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 03:05 PM   #127
sandwash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,312
Been fun here, but time to go back to flagstaff
Old 10-18-2013, 04:00 PM   #128
junglemototours
trailplug

Oddometer: 1,471
shameless plug for mr thumbs
http://www.ocblindcleaners.com/contact.html
Old 11-12-2013, 08:51 PM   #129
Stovebolt
Team Ruptured Buzzard

Oddometer: 464
Position Wanted

I am just ending a 5-year run working for Berg Briggs at Back Roads Moto in Jackson, Wyoming, and I'm setting my sights on a new work situation that will land me in a great spot.

What's a "Great Spot" for Stovey?

You - A great person/organization as measured by your peers and customers. You have earned the respect of people in whatever industry you are in, motorcycle or otherwise. Your competitors respect you. Your neighbors respect you. Your employees respect you. You've earned it...

Me - I continue to work hard, and absolutely work smarter than I ever have in the past. I will earn your respect, during our correspondence, meet-up and continuing even more so after the courtship is over and the relationship continues. Since you won't be going out of business in the near future, our future is bright because I help us all make money and expand the horizons in the markets you are in.

For the past five years I have helped Berg Briggs at Back Roads Moto in various endeavors. I began by helping him build his rental properties as a way to earn money to get to go down to Baja on motorcycles, and that turned into part time work in his machine shop. I had no background whatsoever in this environment, but as time went on, I went full-time and became his only employee. We worked hard and together we had a good run at the motorcycle luggage system business. He was/is the designer and I have been a shop lackey. He taught me to weld and fabricate and we built and sold what came to be known as BRMoto Racks, then "Wolfman Sideracks." Now, it's a dead product and we are no longer making racks and selling them to Wolfman.

I also make and sell GPS Cradles and have a commercial thread on ADVRider in Vendors and have worked hard at supplying a small selection of hand-made plastic cradles for select Garmin GPS's and SPOT devices over the past 4 years. The thread is here:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=550178

It has been an honor for me to be able to make something that my peers enjoy and the support I've received has given me great job satisfaction, even though it is only a small "boutique" style operation and doesn't do much to pay big bills. But I keep doing it. The cradles have been all over the world on adventure bikes and cool expeditions from Prudhoe Bay to Ushuaia, Baja to Mongolia, Southeast Asia, Canada, Europe and all over North America. I thank all my customers, one and all for the encouragement, advice and support!

I like to ride across the desert and in the mountains and have my dream bike to ride, a 2010 KTM 450 XC-W Six Days with lots of love into it. Last year I self-published a modest book of compiled "Best Of" ride reports with black and white photos. Enough co-riders, peers and readers of some of my ride reports encouraged me to compile and publish them, so I did. I learned a lot over the nine months it took me and my wife to knock it out, and put it in the can. The book description and link to purchase it directly from the publisher is here:

https://www.createspace.com/3991598

My background, experience and interests collide to create some gravity for me in the customer service work that I truly enjoy, no matter what the industry. I am not a professional welder and fabricator, in my mind and in reality. I would like to stay involved in the motorcycle industry in some capacity, and hope to find a position that will let me flourish. I consider my co-workers "customers" deserving of my best attitude and service as well. That's just my take on how I like to roll in the work environment.

A resume and references are sure available, and with no children and no mortgage, I have the flexibility to travel and take temporary assignments that others may not be able to.

Here's a link to a recent ride we did in September, based out of Jackson, Wyoming and touring in southwest Montana:

http://ridedualsport.com/forum/index.php?topic=3979.0

There are numerous posts and ride reports on Ride Dual Sport Forums that I have made or contributed to as well, if that serves to background my character at all.

Thanks for considering Stovey for a position that challenges and rewards all concerned, either temporary or long term.

All the best,

Dave Jankowsky
Victor, Idaho
aka "Stovebolt"

Thanks to AngryScot for this thread.
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/david-jankowsky/86/31/b04
Stovebolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:41 AM   #130
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer: 15,314
I have to give a shout out on behalf of Dave Jankowsky aka: Stovebolt. I've known him now for several years. He is a stand up, ethical and hard working guy. His integrity is stellar, work ethic unbelievable and his inventiveness beyond reproach. If you want someone that will help you to grow your business Stovey is your guy.

TRZ Charlie screwed with this post 11-13-2013 at 11:09 AM
TRZ Charlie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:42 AM   #131
Rockgarden Bob
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 212
My highest recomendation

I would like to give my highest recommendation on behalf of Dave Jankowsky, "Stovey". Weather your in the Motorsport industry or not, if you need an articulate and engaging addition to your team. Who is reliable and always has your best interest at heart, you will find no one better.

Bob Van Court
Ironman Dual Sport

Rockgarden Bob screwed with this post 11-13-2013 at 06:27 PM
Rockgarden Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:40 PM   #132
portalespeanut
nEARLY nORMAL

Oddometer: 51
I would like to put in a plug for Stovey, regarding the new things on his horizon. In this world where experience and integrity are a rare combination to find in people, it's certain that anyone would be fortunate to have the opportunity to work with such an honorable, quality person. Stovey is a friend, and will be an asset to any organization that can bring him onboard!...good luck!
Kevin Massey
portalespeanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 05:21 PM   #133
RideDualSport.com
TPB all the way

Oddometer: 1,484
Stovey brings a high level of enthusiasm and knowledge to all of his endeavors.
I have had the pleasure of meeting him, and I highly recommend him for a position in the motorcycle industry. He is a man of integrity who stands by his word!
Cheers!
Alaska Deep Adventure
RideDualSport.com is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 08:47 AM   #134
tijuana
Farkling Around

Oddometer: 204
Bikebandit.com OEM-Aftermarket, Tires, tools Riding Gear, GoPro and much more

Mon-Fri 10-6 Online Sales

George Abraira - Sales
gabraira@bikebandit.com
www.bikebandit.com
888-339-3888 x 343

*Contact me at www.bajastarz.com if you want me to meet you at the Tijuana, Tecate border or need any Business contacts for new business ventures / accountants or real estate and rentals.

Evan at www.racetechelectric.com, thanks for getting my BD Squadron and dual sport kit wired up.
tijuana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 11:11 AM   #135
fadingfastsd
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijuana View Post
Mon-Fri 10-6 Online Sales

George Abraira - Sales
gabraira@bikebandit.com
www.bikebandit.com
888-339-3888 x 343

*Contact me at www.bajastarz.com if you want me to meet you at the Tijuana, Tecate border or need any Business contacts for new business ventures / accountants or real estate and rentals.

Evan at www.racetechelectric.com, thanks for getting my BD Squadron and dual sport kit wired up.
Anytime George, glad to help! I'm happy you're stoked on your XR now
fadingfastsd is offline   Reply With Quote