ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2011, 07:38 AM   #5191
enduro-ince
dirtslave

Oddometer: 4,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie Abbzug View Post
+1

Sheesh!

I'm not much into modern popular music. I see all the media about whinehouse and thought, "just another no talent, record producers vision of a hit gone the way of over indulgence" Then I finally check out some of her stuff. She is(was) GOOD, what a shame. Great voice, used to be pretty, musically very talented. Imagine what it must be like to see yourself on you tube taking ques from the audience that payed big bucks to see you cuz you have no idea what the lyrics are. WOW
enduro-ince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 08:04 AM   #5192
TheDudeAbides
Sarcasm free11/11/10

Oddometer: 7,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by enduro-ince View Post
I'm not much into modern popular music. I see all the media about whinehouse and thought, "just another no talent, record producers vision of a hit gone the way of over indulgence" Then I finally check out some of her stuff. She is(was) GOOD, what a shame. Great voice, used to be pretty, musically very talented. Imagine what it must be like to see yourself on you tube taking ques from the audience that payed big bucks to see you cuz you have no idea what the lyrics are. WOW

Oh, it gets worse.
On this one she doesn't even fake the effort. She lets the audience and the backup singers do all the heavy lifting. Amy should just buy a ticket to the show and watch the backup singers. I hope they got paid a bunch.

2001 BMW F650 GS Dakar (Stolen!)
2004 DRZE
2004 BMW 1150 GSA
TheDudeAbides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 09:10 AM   #5193
Tha Rick
Shake and bake!

Oddometer: 5,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides View Post
Oh, it gets worse.
On this one she doesn't even fake the effort. She lets the audience and the backup singers do all the heavy lifting. Amy should just buy a ticket to the show and watch the backup singers. I hope they got paid a bunch.

She makes a nice couple though.

It's not about tha bike nor tha ride; it's about tha adventure in life we all seek. Great memories are made of taking tha trail less traveled and explored.
Tha Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 09:57 AM   #5194
enduro-ince
dirtslave

Oddometer: 4,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides View Post
Oh, it gets worse.

How tough would that gig be if you are in the band? You know they are probably not allowed to drink but they have to get up there perform, and watch that mess all night long. They are probably wishing she would pass out or vomit or something just so it would be over with. Poor dudes, they sound tight too.
enduro-ince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 12:28 PM   #5195
Geek OP
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 30,027
Saw Mitch Hedberg live (front row) a few weeks before he OD'd on Coke & died.

He was so out of it during his performance that half way through he just froze.. sat there a minute completely confused.. then pulled a wad of paper out of his back pocket and started reading the jokes.

Really sucked. The other times I'd seen him he was awesome

Geek screwed with this post 06-23-2011 at 12:37 PM
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 06:27 PM   #5196
Rascus
The Realist

Oddometer: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
Saw Mitch Hedberg live (front row) a few weeks before he OD'd on Coke & died.

He was so out of it during his performance that half way through he just froze.. sat there a minute completely confused.. then pulled a wad of paper out of his back pocket and started reading the jokes.

Really sucked. The other times I'd seen him he was awesome

Ah man, didn't know he had passed. Dude was hilarious
Rascus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 06:40 PM   #5197
Rascus
The Realist

Oddometer: 419
Went out to Fairplay to stay at the Hand Hotel with the family.

Drove up the road to Mt Sherman, road's impassable about 400yds before the gate and the rest of the way up.

Rascus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 02:18 PM   #5198
Inane Cathode
Cheated Anion

Oddometer: 4,601
Did my first wrenching on the bike today. Resynced the throttle bodies, changed the oil and checked the TPS. I also reattached a piece of the soft bag mount that the bolt had departed but thankfully left sitting in the rear handle area.
Hopefully it'll iron out the weird surge/cough/backfire/stalling thing it's been having :) Only thing i'm worried about is my sync tool might be kinda ghetto, had to do my own refill on it and i'm afraid the air bubble size isnt consistent through the little chambers on it (motion pro one with the blue fluid).

Also, because this is randomness:

Inane Cathode screwed with this post 06-24-2011 at 02:58 PM
Inane Cathode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 03:22 PM   #5199
terrascout
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,571
Quote:
Originally Posted by daq7 View Post
I would suggest you go out, do a giant loop around to nowhere. Come back, park the bikes and go have dinner at Colt and Gray. Expensive, but very good.

Snowmule and Daq7 thanks for the recommendations. With a newbie copilot on back we headed up on 70 and hit the Idaho Springs recomendation. I really liked the looks of the Colt and Gray menu. I will have to give that a try on my next trip out.

Thanks again
terrascout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 04:59 PM   #5200
Blakebird
r-u-n-n-o-f-t

Oddometer: 15,186
IBA #11735 . 1968-present
Blakebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 06:21 PM   #5201
Lomax
Nanu-Nanu Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,532

Marc
Old 06-25-2011, 06:55 PM   #5202
Joz
What could go wrong?

Oddometer: 1,820
Sweet!

"Get on with living or get on with dying" Paul Rodden 71 years old
Diesel RV build

Joz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 08:19 PM   #5203
Blakebird
r-u-n-n-o-f-t

Oddometer: 15,186
The bike sat longer than I thought it had - the tags expired in 2007. The tires had hardened and cracked w/ dry rot, and were to the wear bars. After picking it up, I followed Arno to a bike shop in Portland he suggested, and they not only had a set of Metzeler Lasertecs in the appropriate bias sizes, but a paper oil filter element (a BMW/Kawasaki/Suzuki shop at that).

It wasn't a cheap stop...but I did feel better, and the bike rode TONS better with new rubber. The tech told me there was milky condensation goo in the oil from sitting so long, so I was very glad to have 5 quarts of fresh oil in it.

We were going to meet up with another Baja Stooge for dinner, so I followed Arno to his place in Vancouver. Waiting for Jim, I was going to move the bike but it wouldn't start.
The battery was toast, it had done it's last to start the bike for my test ride, and seemed in good shape too...but it was apparently an Oregon battery and was not going to work in Washington

It was a maintenance free type, but when Arno popped the cap cover and checked the cells - all dry as a bone. Topped off with water and put on a charger, it breathed life into it enough to start the bike in the morning, and get me to a Vancouver shop for an AGM replacement before leaving town.

New tires, oil/filter, and AGM battery made it roadworthy after a 4 to 5 year hiatus. I had a scenic route home planned....but the bike was now teetering on the edge of the circle of trust so we headed for the barn.
As long as I was on the Washington side of the gorge, I opted for hwy 14 and not I-84...it's been almost 20 years since I rode this road.
Left Vancouver about noon, stopped in Ontario, OR for the night. Next day I pulled into Green River, WY....and today, home.

Scott (teambft) and I apparently passed along I-80 somewhere as he was headed to Idaho to pick up a 950SE
IBA #11735 . 1968-present
Blakebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 08:38 PM   #5204
kbob999
Red Rider

Oddometer: 130
2 new Oregon bikes in CO...

Blake - I'm glad you made it back relatively trouble free on my Dad's old CBX. I know how those Oregon batteries are...they don't work on my Dad's SRX 600 either now that it is in Denver...fortunately it is a kick start only. I never saw the CBX when my Dad was caretaker of it, so we need to get together sometime this summer, chew on some barley pops and talk stories. I am also glad the CBX has gone to a deserving and respecting new owner. Cheers...Kelly
Old 06-25-2011, 08:39 PM   #5205
Lomax
Nanu-Nanu Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,532
It looks like you had a true adventure there Blake. Good for you in rolling with the punches and getting her home.

It is kind of frustrating when things are not like we expect them to be but I guess that is part of the fun, Well maybe.

Marc