ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-03-2012, 07:47 PM   #9166
norton(kel)
vintage
 
norton(kel)'s Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: berthoud,colo.
Oddometer: 909
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulwer View Post
Anyone know the manufacturer of this fairing? My cardboard fairing got wet on Caribou and I'm thinking the new fangled Styrofoam and cardboard fairings are the way to go these days.



I can build you one for $699 installed. Let me know.
norton(kel) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:39 PM   #9167
Krang
Rides with hippies
 
Krang's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Boulder
Oddometer: 350
I stopped to snap some pictures off of 82 just east of Aspen and noticed what I thought was wreckage of some type at the base of the shallow valley and was wondering if any of you knew what it was?





Approximate location(s):
location1
location2

This location is just south of a plane crash - http://www.planecrashmap.com/plane/co/N6735T


Hoping I found a UFO!
__________________
fuck cancer
Krang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:12 PM   #9168
AteamNM
Wonna Be ADVrider
 
AteamNM's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Sandia Mountains New Mexico
Oddometer: 3,378
Madera Road Ride - NM

Took a little ride tonight on a gravel road that is about 29 miles form one side of the mountain
to the other side on the high desert terrain. I went by Hagerman Ghost Town and a few mines
and a lot of nothing. Once off the black top, I never saw a soul but did meet a sheriff when I hit
black top coming back in the dark. I have lived here 15 years and never took this road.
There were a lot of side roads and Goggle Map looks very promising of places to check out.

Thought I would share a few pics.

John Wayne kind of country






I decided to turn around about a mile from the casino and Interstate I-25. My light sucks
and the last 10 miles was dark but on the slab home.



A few sunsets




The route.


AteamNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:26 AM   #9169
Geek OP
oot & aboot
 
Geek's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: 8000ft, Twin Spruce Gap, Colorado
Oddometer: 29,849
So hackers got hold of 12 million apple device ids... released a million of them to the public... blah blah blah.

http://www.computerworld.com/s/artic...ple_device_IDs


...they got these 12 million device IDs off of an FBI laptop.

The bigger question:
Why would the unique device ID data and other personal information belonging to millions of Apple users would be on an FBI agent's computer in the first place.???
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:29 AM   #9170
Geek OP
oot & aboot
 
Geek's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: 8000ft, Twin Spruce Gap, Colorado
Oddometer: 29,849
p.s. if you want to see if yours was leaked:

http://thenextweb.com/apple/2012/09/...-antisec-leak/


why do you care? The IDs were tied to additional personal information, including user names, device names, notification tokens, cell phone numbers and addresses, that could potentially lead to identity theft.
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:32 AM   #9171
MeterPig
Meh
 
MeterPig's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Parker, Colorado...
Oddometer: 17,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfb View Post
We F150 owners get a stripper pole as a factory option. Well, for midget strippers anyway...

Do you think that innovation was driven by a good idea or a lawsuits?
__________________
You looked down here...didn't you.
MeterPig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:36 AM   #9172
MeterPig
Meh
 
MeterPig's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Parker, Colorado...
Oddometer: 17,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
p.s. if you want to see if yours was leaked:

http://thenextweb.com/apple/2012/09/...-antisec-leak/


why do you care? The IDs were tied to additional personal information, including user names, device names, notification tokens, cell phone numbers and addresses, that could potentially lead to identity theft.
Best comment on the site:
Quote:
My subversive Canadian iTouch is not on the list.

Sloppy FBI. sloppy, sloppy, sloppy.

Beijing commies gonna gitcha, Americans. Wait for it.
So, let's say my ID is found. What do I do? The article doesn't really go into that.
__________________
You looked down here...didn't you.
MeterPig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 12:46 PM   #9173
MrBob
Jambo!
 
MrBob's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Boulderish, CO
Oddometer: 7,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
p.s. if you want to see if yours was leaked:

http://thenextweb.com/apple/2012/09/...-antisec-leak/


why do you care? The IDs were tied to additional personal information, including user names, device names, notification tokens, cell phone numbers and addresses, that could potentially lead to identity theft.
Mine wasn't, apparently.
It's hardly surprising to learn that the FBI has this information but not good news either.
__________________
"When I was younger I was afraid I'd die riding now that I'm old and falling apart, I'm afraid I won't."
bwanacswan's dad
MrBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:01 PM   #9174
norton(kel)
vintage
 
norton(kel)'s Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: berthoud,colo.
Oddometer: 909
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBob View Post
Mine wasn't, apparently.
It's hardly surprising to learn that the FBI has this information but not good news either.
They probably know more about you then you know about yourself, I know I've told them all I know about you
norton(kel) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:08 PM   #9175
AteamNM
Wonna Be ADVrider
 
AteamNM's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Sandia Mountains New Mexico
Oddometer: 3,378


AteamNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:10 PM   #9176
singletrackslayer
Legalize singletrack
 
singletrackslayer's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Morningwood, CO
Oddometer: 471
Like a faithful puppy waitin for it's master . . .

__________________
This is Motorado . . .
singletrackslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:14 PM   #9177
pfb
Riding, not skiing.
 
pfb's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: Boulder|Denver|Winter Park
Oddometer: 5,347
The FBI having this info certainly raises some big questions. FBI illegally spying on American citizens? Duh...

But I don't think it is in any way an Apple issue, or there to be any reason to be particularly concerned that the info was 'leaked'.

My guess is that the Device ID might allow government organizations like the FBI/CIA, maybe even local LEO, to geolocate a cell phone based on the reported owner of the device rather than the registered user of a SIM card. Complete guess... But I can't see any other reason this info would be valuable to the FBI.

Without the resources of subpoena or sophisticated cell tower monitoring devices, I'm not sure what use the device ID could be. Far less personal or useful than, say, a license plate or the VIN on your car which anybody could capture anyplace you park your car.

How many of you have your phone on right now? I know where to find you!
__________________
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
950 Adventure 950 Super Enduro 450 XC-W Six Days
pfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:54 PM   #9178
thump_co
..ouch
 
thump_co's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: 8532'
Oddometer: 1,965
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfb View Post
My guess is that the Device ID might allow government organizations like the FBI/CIA, maybe even local LEO, to geolocate a cell phone based on the reported owner of the device rather than the registered user of a SIM card. Complete guess... But I can't see any other reason this info would be valuable to the FBI.
It's interesting food for thought. They don't need the UUID to track your activities and tie your activity to your personal profile, you already give that away via the SIM (on the cell side) and via your iTunes/App Store account (on the device side). Where the UUID is primarily useful would be in tracking a particular devices across different users - e.g. you share your iPad with all your terrorist family/buddies or sell it through the second-hand terrorist craigslist network.
__________________
Ride

AMA | COHVCO | Stay The Trail | BRC | TPA | BCTR | NCTR
thump_co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:56 PM   #9179
Tha Rick
Shake and bake!
 
Tha Rick's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Tha North Springs, Co(Banned camp rehab)
Oddometer: 5,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfb View Post
The FBI having this info certainly raises some big questions. FBI illegally spying on American citizens? Duh...

But I don't think it is in any way an Apple issue, or there to be any reason to be particularly concerned that the info was 'leaked'.

My guess is that the Device ID might allow government organizations like the FBI/CIA, maybe even local LEO, to geolocate a cell phone based on the reported owner of the device rather than the registered user of a SIM card. Complete guess... But I can't see any other reason this info would be valuable to the FBI.

Without the resources of subpoena or sophisticated cell tower monitoring devices, I'm not sure what use the device ID could be. Far less personal or useful than, say, a license plate or the VIN on your car which anybody could capture anyplace you park your car.

How many of you have your phone on right now? I know where to find you!

I think with the device Id, when you use it on the web or airwaves, then it can be traced. Like maybe to the local starbuck's.
__________________
Happy Trails Y'all.

It's not about tha bike nor tha ride; it's about tha adventure in life we all seek. Great memories are made of taking tha trail less traveled and explored.
Tha Rick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:57 PM   #9180
MeterPig
Meh
 
MeterPig's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Parker, Colorado...
Oddometer: 17,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfb View Post

How many of you have your phone on right now? I know where to find you!
This feature is very useful. In cell range, my wife knows where I am at which decreases the message of "where are you and when are you going to be home?"

Where was all this concern when the "Patriot" act was signed and reauthorized? Once that bad boy was put into place, any liberties we thought we had in terms of digital interaction was gone.
__________________
You looked down here...didn't you.
MeterPig is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014