ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2014, 10:59 AM   #14161
Plaka
Brevis illi vita est

Oddometer: 4,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey! View Post
Today's the grand opening of House of Motorrad in Boulder. Might be worth checking out!

They're located in the same plaza as my favorite donut shop.
Adventure rentals??

Curious lineup of steeds.
Plaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 01:18 PM   #14162
Olas
the darkness

Oddometer: 3,948
Props to the cop at 8:27 - drawing his weapon while riding his motorcycle and then putting that douchebag to the ground! Pretty impressive.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...ing-46-charges
Olas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 10:35 AM   #14163
bigtex
Rocky Mountain High

Oddometer: 727
Can I just take a moment to announce my new stable addition:

Teddy approves of tigers.

bigtex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 11:39 AM   #14164
barko1
barko1

Oddometer: 3,288
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post

Teddy approves of tigers.
I'm sure Ted would have been into dirt bikes Nice Tigre!
DR650, 98 Bimota SB6R, Kawasaki 14, 67 X-6 Scrambler (apart), SL350K1 (apart), 77 Goldwing 1000, Triumph Thunderbird Sport, Triumph Daytona Super III, DR650, MZ Skorpian Sport Cup, 71 Triumph Daytona 500, KDX220
barko1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 12:30 PM   #14165
wzd1a
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,440
Two please.

wzd1a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 12:53 PM   #14166
AteamNM
Wonna Be ADVrider

Oddometer: 3,607
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olas View Post
Props to the cop at 8:27 - drawing his weapon while riding his motorcycle and then putting that douchebag to the ground! Pretty impressive.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...ing-46-charges
But he drew his weapon in his right hand? Seems to me you would holster the weapon on your left hip so you can shoot and maintain throttle control. That dude needed a Rodney King.
AteamNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 09:53 PM   #14167
Krang
Rides with hippies

Oddometer: 397
Anyone know anything about this speed triple at motorado? http://www.motorado.com/inventory/20...h-speed-triple

They put minimal information on the add, I e-mailed them and never got a response. Is the only way to get information out of them to stop in?
Old 08-01-2014, 10:15 PM   #14168
brokenheadbrad
Allergic to Asphalt

Oddometer: 23
intro

Hi all. Im new to the forums and just wanted to say hello. I'm in Fort Collins and have been riding and racing for 25 years. Always looking for new friends to ride with. Cheers
brokenheadbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 11:20 PM   #14169
Tha Rick
Shake and bake!

Oddometer: 5,269
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenheadbrad View Post
Hi all. Im new to the forums and just wanted to say hello. I'm in Fort Collins and have been riding and racing for 25 years. Always looking for new friends to ride with. Cheers
Welcome to the asylum! Good intro, not cocky as in I'm a badazz and I ride hard, but earnest. I'll wager that you will find many friends here. What type of riding do you do? Enduro, MX, SX, MRA, etc... and I'll bet you've got some stories to tell at a campfire.

There's folks here with everything from top american at the '12 Dakar Rally, AA riders in the RMEC who have a ton of know how and willing to share, to just finishing the MSF course and looking for guidance.

It's not about tha bike nor tha ride; it's about tha adventure in life we all seek. Great memories are made of taking tha trail less traveled and explored.
Tha Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 01:02 AM   #14170
brokenheadbrad
Allergic to Asphalt

Thx for the warm welcome Rick. I mostly just trail ride and do leisurely moto's these days. I was a decent B rider in RMEC in the mid 90's. A few podiums and trophies but I doubt RedBull would want to sponsor me. I also have a trials bike that i never ride. Not sure why i even have it as it just sits in my garage. I posted a question earlier tonight but seeing as I'm anemic with using these forums i'll ask here as well.

I'd like to solicit info and opinions about buying a new bike. My info: I am 35 years old, 6'2, 205 lbs (no gear), riding for 25 years, I ride 50% or more single track, I do not have a motorcycle endorsement on my license. I've been riding a 2012 gasgas 300xc. After looking at many different bikes online i am leaning towards buying a 2013-2015 KTM 500xcw. What i like about it: 1. Lighter then my gasgas. 2. Will never want / need more power. 3. Fuel injection is very appealing to me as i ride anywhere from 4,000ft to 12,500ft. I have also looked at KTM and Beta 350's. I think i would be slightly faster through tight sections but because of my size (fatty) I'm worried i would be disappointed in not going with the 500. I haven't ruled out another smoker either. I really like the 300 2 stroke engine. I thought about getting a KTM 300xc/xcw or Beta 300rr. But then I still have to mess with jetting and carry oil. I have a 09 KX 450 for the track and I don't race anymore so I'm not worried about buying the ultimate enduro weapon. Just looking for a fun bike that will last me a long time. Does anyone own or have experience with these bikes? Any opinions / suggestions are welcome. Thanks.
Old 08-02-2014, 06:37 AM   #14171
enduro-ince
dirtslave

Oddometer: 5,032
Quote:
Thx for the warm welcome Rick. I mostly just trail ride and do leisurely moto's these days. I was a decent B rider in RMEC in the mid 90's. A few podiums and trophies but I doubt RedBull would want to sponsor me. I also have a trials bike that i never ride. Not sure why i even have it as it just sits in my garage. I posted a question earlier tonight but seeing as I'm anemic with using these forums i'll ask here as well.

I'd like to solicit info and opinions about buying a new bike. My info: I am 35 years old, 6'2, 205 lbs (no gear), riding for 25 years, I ride 50% or more single track, I do not have a motorcycle endorsement on my license. I've been riding a 2012 gasgas 300xc. After looking at many different bikes online i am leaning towards buying a 2013-2015 KTM 500xcw. What i like about it: 1. Lighter then my gasgas. 2. Will never want / need more power. 3. Fuel injection is very appealing to me as i ride anywhere from 4,000ft to 12,500ft. I have also looked at KTM and Beta 350's. I think i would be slightly faster through tight sections but because of my size (fatty) I'm worried i would be disappointed in not going with the 500. I haven't ruled out another smoker either. I really like the 300 2 stroke engine. I thought about getting a KTM 300xc/xcw or Beta 300rr. But then I still have to mess with jetting and carry oil. I have a 09 KX 450 for the track and I don't race anymore so I'm not worried about buying the ultimate enduro weapon. Just looking for a fun bike that will last me a long time. Does anyone own or have experience with these bikes? Any opinions / suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

I'm looking for a trials bike if you decide to sell. Whatcha got?
Old 08-02-2014, 06:45 AM   #14172
VxZeroKnots
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by enduro-ince View Post
I'm looking for a trials bike if you decide to sell. Whatcha got?
ugh, are't we all.

No bike does everything perfectly. In fact, no bike does anything until someone gets on it to ride.

VxZeroKnots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 06:59 AM   #14173
toddler
Unpronouncible

Oddometer: 2,723
Quote:

Get your moto endorsement and the 500xc-w would be my vote. Then ride it anywhere/anytime. BTW, I have the 500 and love it. Had the 300 as well. Prefer the 500 for everything except picking it up.

BTW, some people here want to know what trials bike you have. Not me ofcourse
toddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 07:01 AM   #14174
Geek OP
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 30,817
Rockies regional randomness

There is a reason a bunch of us around here have purchased a KTM500xcw... Hard to go wrong with it...

And you hit one of the big reasons - the FI.
When over 13,000 feet I just hit the starter button and it sat there purring away. Ran flawlessly.

.Welcome!
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 07:02 AM   #14175
brokenheadbrad
Allergic to Asphalt

It's a 1997 gasgas tx270. I've been thinking about selling it. Only thing is it took me almost 2 years to find it. I bought it off a old flat tracker in Loveland. I'll post a pic if I can figure out how.