ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2009, 08:01 AM   #1
shrineclown OP
(AFKA Prince)

Oddometer: 9,481
CroMag 2010 September 23-26, 2010.

Update 8/22/10

It is not too late to come, I have had some requests and yes you can come. If you are going to PayPal, I would like to ask that you do it before midnight tonight. That way I can have my records up to date before I leave for the rally. No telling if there will computer access at the park or not. Let us know if you are coming and please, at this late date, read down through this first post and follow the directions. Not to be a jerk, but I am stressed for time at this point to get everything done I need to. It is tough to answer everyone in a timely manner with a personal note. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

8/12/10
Things are starting to ramp up for the event. Looking forward to seeing you all again and meeting new inmates. The new e-mail/paypal is cromagadvrally@gmail.com. You can start pay-paling now, if you are coming on Thursday it is $40 on Friday it is $30; Saturday only $20. Also, I need to know your name, mailing address, the day you plan to arrive, riding in or trailering in and meal preference(please include adv moniker with payment so I can match them up, thanks). PM or use the above e-mail, your preference. Payment for the meal is paid at the rally and details are in the lower paragraph per SixWatt. If you want to pay cash at the door, that is possible, but it is easier on me if you paypal. Due to the apparent lack of interest, I think the off-road ride will be a route sheeted do it on your own thing. So, it you are planning on doing that, it is really not worth having the folks do all that work for a couple of riders. The CCC of VT has offered the route sheets for two off road dirty rides, one is 90+ miles the second is 60+ miles. They are asking for a $10 donation per route sheet used. They asked that I just send them a check, so you can paypal the money if you'd like and I'll just send them the check. PLEASE EMAIL ME AND LET ME KNOW THAT YOU ARE PLANNING ON THIS SO I HAVE ENOUGH ROUTE SHEETS. Thank you all.

URL for Silver Lake State Park: http://www.vtstateparks.com/htm/silver.htm

http://koa.com/where/vt/45122/ Just off I89 in Quechee.

this is closer to Silver lake but longer haul with RV in Bethel.

http://www.whiterivervalleycamping.com/default.html

My sources tell me the park in Quechee is the cats meow for camper rigs.

More about the meal from SixWatt:

We are starting to get excited about this weekend at my house; here is the rough draft of what we are planning for dinner Saturday night:

*Dinner will be served between 6:30 and 8 pm.
*We'll have soap & hot water for washing up (gotta be all proper, ya know)
*We are taking $20 donations to the Jimmy Fund/Pan Mass Challenge; you can pay in cash, by check made out to "Pan Mass Challenge" or by going online before the day of and making a donation at http://www.pmc.org/profile/JS0306. For those who aren't familiar, the PMC is a 2-day 200 mile bike ride that raises money for the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. It is The Jimmy Fund's largest source of revenue, and 100% of donated funds go directly to Dana-Farber. My family has been affected by cancer and for the past 8 years we have all been involved in this charity in one way or another, either riding or volunteering. Events like this are the main way my wife and I do fundraising: we pay for all the food and everything you donate goes to DFCI. Your donation is tax deductible.
*The meal will (likely) consist of:
*a hearty white bean/chorizo/kale stew appetizer
*BBQ Pulled pork sandwiches
*Slaw
*Chips
*brownies/watermelon for dessert
*vegetarian red beans & rice
*veggie burgers for those who want them
The meal will be all you can eat. We will have plates, flatware, and napkins. You will need to supply your own romantic candlelight and music. Any questions, feel free to hit me up.

looking forward to seeing all of you again!

CroMag 2010 has a date and it is September 23-26, 2010. Please, mark your calendars. Same place, Silver Lake State Park Barnard, VT.

That is correct, I have added the Thursday PM arrival as asked, with their blessing. There will be an additional charge for showing up on Thursday. I will open the gates at 5 PM on Thursday night for those traveling in that day. So, you lean-to lovers have plenty of time to put in for vacation time so you can elbow your way in. Set-up, go have dinner and be ready to ride on Friday AM. Friday and Saturday night fires. SixWatt has agreed to do the BBQ again on Saturday. I am in hopes that we will have a true DS ride next year on Saturday and Sunday. Planning is in the beginning stages now. There will be room for 20 trailers or P/U's that will have to be parked in the day area and stay there until you leave for home. This will be a first come, first registered and paid basis. The state is making an accommodation on this. This is really being done so that the 450 cc and below crowd can come from a distance and participate in the weekend too. If you have a big bike and want to trailer to VT, we have other facilities you can park your rig. If you are coming from Woodstock,VT it would be unlikely I would want you to use one of the treasured parking passes, Woodstock, NY that is different. The real purpose of the weekend is to ride and make it an adventure. No RV's will be allowed. Not even in the back of a pickup kind of RV. Sorry, but those are the rules. The State is letting us use the facility with just a hold harmless agreement, their rules are not too hard to accept. That is why they don't want vehicles and bikes operating together in the confined space.

When it's too crappy out to ride, but not frozen enough for mountain biking, Mrs. Six & I spend our winter free time (most of it anyway) in the kitchen, cooking. This winter we perfected red beans & rice (vegan & carnivore), brisket chili, and a few other good cold weather dishes. We will be glad to cook for y'all again. As in '09 we will donate all proceeds to the Pan Mass Challenge, or you can do it for yourself by going to http://www.pmc.org/egifts/default.asp?Add=JS0306 & making a donation. I think $20 for all you can eat pulled pork, chili, veggie red beans & rice, and assorted sides is a good amount. It's all tax deductible, too.

Full menu when we get closer to the date, but as I said, we can accommodate carnivores, vegetarians, and even vegans.

Cromag 2010
Attendee Meal Prking
1 Mr. Ray Meat BO
2 FixxiT Meat BO
3 AndyCap Meat BO
4 ADKBeemer Meat BO
5 Se7en Meat BO
6 NikonVT Meat BO
7 jorge BO
8 NewHampWoodsRider Meat BO
9 notmike Meat BO
10 seahorse100 Meat BO
11 Pwrcrzr Meat BO
12 Evilclown Meat BO
13 AllenTC2 Meat BO
14 Delilama Meat BO
15 Mzcountryboy Meat BO
16 High Hope Meat BO
17 Buck Rogers Meat BO
18 MsLizVT Meat BO
19 GoodolGuzzi Meat BO
20 guymanbro Veggie BO
21 apierce Meat BO
22 Beez Meat BO
23 CroMag Meat BO
24 Captain Crunch Meat BO
25 SixWatt Meat BO
26 Shrineclown Meat BO
27 internalcombust Meat BO
28 junkyard Meat BO
29 baiku Meat BO
30 Pugsley/Hobbfather Meat BO
31 veesquared Veggie BO
32 RedUly Meat BO
33 Ms. Katie Meat BO
34 lakeside BO
35 theothersean Meat BO
36 theothersean Meat BO
37 rsanchezny Meat BO
38 RedRiderofMA Meat BO
39 NewHampWoodsRider Meat BO
40 ALPM Meat BO
41 regfoo2 Meat BO
42 2twisted Meat BO
43 MossyRocks Meat BO
44 Kaw4Life Meat BO
45 garandman Meat BO
46 Ridin Dirty Meat BO
47 VTStrom Meat BO
48 tonymorr Meat BO
49 Ritalin Boy Meat BO
50 BBQer Meat BO
51 DirtRoadDave Meat BO
52 Babahouey Meat BO
53 280racer Meat BO
54 classyd Veggie BO
55 mikewillsmith Meat BO
56 Mercury264 Meat BO
57 CowboyKyle Meat BO
58 frostypuck Meat BO
59 wpbarlow Meat BO
60 LanceW Meat BO
61 kiwi93 Meat BO
62 sweetfeed Meat BO
63 Babahouey Meat BO
64 Babahouey Meat BO
65 Tron650X Meat BO
66 Mr. Magoo Meat BO
67 sweetfeed2 Veggie BO
68 crazyal Meat BO
69 NewEnglander Meat BO
70 Wupass Meat BO
71 Astewart Meat BO
72 Vt Stromer Meat BO
73 Mrs. VT-Stromer Meat NA

shrineclown screwed with this post 09-22-2010 at 10:11 AM
shrineclown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 08:08 AM   #2
Mr. Ray
Chemically Enhanced

Oddometer: 3,500
I am in

http://www.roadtofermentation.blogspot.com
Mr. Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:42 AM   #3
FixxiT
Lunitic Fringe

Oddometer: 912
IN!
Old 10-01-2009, 11:44 AM   #4
DiscoDino
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,815
In
Old 10-04-2009, 04:07 PM   #5
Chacifer
sui generis

Oddometer: 6,663
This event should not be called "CroMag" anymore seeing as he hasn't had anything to do with it in several years, it's moved locations several times, and is a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT EVENT! Come up with a new name already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba
I live in "Sport Mode"
Chacifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 04:26 PM   #6
crankshaft
Guns are for pussies

Oddometer: 13,974
hmmmmm
Old 10-05-2009, 10:48 AM   #7
ADKbeemer
Understanding Serendipity

Oddometer: 2,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chacifer
This event should not be called "CroMag" anymore seeing as he hasn't had anything to do with it in several years, it's moved locations several times, and is a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT EVENT! Come up with a new name already.
Ok, I'll jump in this pool...

While his presence is certainly a wonderful thing, IMHO at this point the event has transcended the "man" and become what it is, a gathering of riders with a signficant history...the CroMag Rally.

Some people have complained that many of the "regulars" no longer show up, but that is true of any rally I have ever been to; things change.

The name honors the "founder", but also respects the tradition.

This was only my 3rd year, so I'll let event "old timers" chime in with their own opinions...Bottom line, I like the name and look forward to attending CroMag 2010.
ADKbeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 05:14 PM   #8
FixxiT
Lunitic Fringe

Oddometer: 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADKbeemer

The name honors the "founder", but also respects the tradition.
ADK, well spoken

Chacifier, I think CC09 was the first year the man did not make an appearance..
I heard he had a little get-off and was convalescing in seclusion.

Anywhoo...this probably needs its own thread, so as to not muk-up this one...

I looked forward to seeing all the event "regulars" each season..crisp late September air, great new england riding, evenings at the bonfire...what could be better

Due to work constraints, I had to miss the last few campouts, but I always followed along online so I wouldn't miss out.
This year I made plans to attend..where ever it came together. No matter what!

As time went along, I viewed the many CC09 threads with trepidation, on..off..on again..off again..should I go..will it be the same..
(Correct me if im wrong but..I dont recall Cromag ever giving CC09 a nod of acknowledgment in any thread..)

So I went..and you know what? It was just as fantastic as I remembered. Even more!

Although many of the "stars" were a no-show,I had a great time without them. Quite possibly a better time.

Shrineclown had alot on his plate to bring this years event together..and bring it he did
I feel Shrineclown deserves more credit for pulling this off as well as he did. A Shrineclown event in the sun!
"A Change For The Future" (I feel I've heard this expression somewhere before..)

An event not overshadowed by the stigma-clouds of Cromags past...
seemingly wearing out the "campout welcome" every 3 years
Dont get me wrong, I respect the "man", but I always thought it was a Cromag campout because it was Cromags dealio, his planning & participation...the dead pig..flaming turkees..the Cromag Crank..the stogies

Ross..I love you like a brother..but

Suberb event Clark! OOO-RAH!
+1 Maybe we DO need a new event name
Cant wait for next year!
Put me on the "help" list if you need it Bro

*sidenote: Will the keeper of the northeast gas blender please pass it forward to the next event..
Old 10-07-2009, 07:40 AM   #9
Ritalin Boy
Petroconsumptivitius

Oddometer: 5,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by FixxiT
An event not overshadowed by the stigma-clouds of Cromags past...
seemingly wearing out the "campout welcome" every 3 years
Dont get me wrong, I respect the "man", but I always thought it was a Cromag campout because it was Cromags dealio, his planning & participation...the dead pig..flaming turkees..the Cromag Crank..the stogies

Ross..I love you like a brother..but

Suberb event Clark! OOO-RAH!
+1 Maybe we DO need a new event name
Cant wait for next year!
Put me on the "help" list if you need it Bro

*sidenote: Will the keeper of the northeast gas blender please pass it forward to the next event..

Well said. The event was named by the original host and many of us came because we were invited by a friend. It was a semi-private party if only that we didn't have 1000,000 subscribers and lord knows how many lurkers *and* it was held on private property.

The host made the event special.

Now we have a new host who by all accounts did a fantastic job. I'm willing to wager that the majority of attendees couldn't pick Ross out of a line up so it's time for a new name and identity as the event moves on with new legends.
Ritalin Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 08:12 AM   #10
Gillmartin
Desultory Dilettante

Oddometer: 1,638
Would this event exist without Ross's efforts? Perhaps, perhaps not...

Would you change the name of Old Grandma's diner (a hypothetical eating establishment) because she'd passed on? Nope, you keep it out of respect and tradition. Yes, even if it moved and is run by different people.

I was lucky enough to attend the initial '03 Cromag Campout and a few after, and despite not being able to attend the more recent iterations, it would sadden me greatly to learn it'd been renamed.

My $0.02

Having said that, I certainly wouldn't want to belittle the HUGE efforts that it takes to put on something that's grown to this scale, so big props to the 'clown!

So I guess I don't know what I want... but I do want to go next year.
Gillmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 05:12 PM   #11
NikonVT
Gettin Bruced Again

Oddometer: 2,445
geez - I don't know if this is enough notice for me....I'll see if I can figure out a way to get the time off of work with such little notice.

Bras cause cancer.
NikonVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 06:33 PM   #12
nachtflug
infidel

Oddometer: 45,285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillmartin
Would this event exist without Ross's efforts? Perhaps, perhaps not...

Would you change the name of Old Grandma's diner (a hypothetical eating establishment) because she'd passed on? Nope, you keep it out of respect and tradition. Yes, even if it moved and is run by different people.

I was lucky enough to attend the initial '03 Cromag Campout and a few after, and despite not being able to attend the more recent iterations, it would sadden me greatly to learn it'd been renamed.

My $0.02

Having said that, I certainly wouldn't want to belittle the HUGE efforts that it takes to put on something that's grown to this scale, so big props to the 'clown!

So I guess I don't know what I want... but I do want to go next year.

agreed. Ross started the tradition, Airhead picked up the torch, and now Shrineclown is already planning a second one. The post labor day weekend always worked really well for the region and personally I think to rename it would diminish the tradition. last year he (Ross) was talking about a return to the original site so keeping it going may have its benefits.
nachtflug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 05:29 AM   #13
MoBill
Smiles when says dat

Oddometer: 13,332
MoBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 07:10 AM   #14
Ritalin Boy
Petroconsumptivitius

Oddometer: 5,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtflug
agreed. Ross started the tradition, Airhead picked up the torch, and now Shrineclown is already planning a second one. The post labor day weekend always worked really well for the region and personally I think to rename it would diminish the tradition. last year he (Ross) was talking about a return to the original site so keeping it going may have its benefits.
Sweet.
Ritalin Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 07:49 PM   #15
jorge
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 836
great missed this year out riding but this far in advance no way to miss it for 2010... keep me on the list! i need this event...
DRZ 400S '02
XR 650 L '97
--------------------
Often wrong, never in doubt...Learn from your mistakes
jorge is offline   Reply With Quote