Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2009, 06:32 AM   #31
wswartzwel
Unsafe at any speed

Oddometer: 1,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon43
0 minutes. This weekend is not good Friday or Saturday until maybe later in the day. PMing my cell number, can get me anyplace or time. I don't wake up mad. ;) If you really want to see me, call first as I might be gone and can so advise but for the most part anytime is cool. Be fun...

Dragon, aka Gus

Probably next week, This weekend is pretty busy. Will give you a shout first.

2006 BMW R1200GS
2010 KTM 690 ENDURO R
1969 BSA STARFIRE
wswartzwel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 03:46 PM   #32
Dragon43 OP
If you insist.

Oddometer: 5,860
Well, I now have knobby's and a cushion.

It ain't as pretty as as most but it is more my style. You know, a strange collection of parts in a loose formation. Bawahahaha

I need to pretty ... er ... ::: farkle:::: it up before you see it but so you know I ain't fibbin and will not look to out of place at 2010 SLAP.....

and

and

and

W00t !!!!
Old 11-11-2009, 03:52 PM   #33
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Oddometer: 31,775
what a tease!!
DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 04:09 PM   #34
Zecatfish
XTique Rider

Oddometer: 7,919
Looks like you went and bought that XT500.
Guess the guy wanted to deal some more huh?
If I had the money extra right now I'd goto to Dallas and get that one there with the Aluminum tank. It is sharp!

Quote:
It ain't as pretty as as most but it is more my style. You know, a strange collection of parts in a loose formation. Bawahahaha

I need to pretty ... er ... ::: farkle:::: it up before you see it but so you know I ain't fibbin and will not look to out of place at 2010 SLAP.....

and

and

and

W00t !!!!

The Early Bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
https://sites.google.com/site/ozarkadventuretours/

Zecatfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 04:22 PM   #35
Elvis70
No speed traps in the sky

Oddometer: 5,053
Tease indeed

Shows us the cleavage, but no nipple.
I'll tape it to the handlebars, it's just logic George! If your hand is broken, you tape it to the bars! - Evil Knievel's reply to George Hamiliton's question, "How will you jump with a broken hand?".
Elvis70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 04:33 PM   #36
tcourdin
Resident Spooner

Oddometer: 10,365
Thats hilarious Dragon! C'mon baby, take it off....take it all off!
Old 11-11-2009, 05:57 PM   #37
Dragon43 OP
If you insist.

http://picasaweb.google.com/Dragon43/77xt500#

Of course now I have to figure out how to start it.

Rides good but of course after I get here with it, I kicked right up to a heart attack and no joy.... Bawahahaha I gots some learnin to do with it..... When my foot heals up. :: sheesh :::: Dam all itty bitty kicker levers....

Prolly needs the carb redone. Spark looked a bit weak to me but I had a lot of sweat in my eyes about then.

I tried what Doc says he does with his bike. Zcat, any pointers?

I may get a rope and do a pull start and then fiddle with stuff until I get the combination figured.

Now I know why guys like the thumb starter buttons.... Bawahahaha

::: limps off to soak foot :::
Old 11-11-2009, 06:16 PM   #38
Zecatfish
XTique Rider

From over on Thumper Talk.
My XT550/TT600 has an automatic decompression release, just choke and kick through a few times and it starts.

Quote:

bottom feeder
06-03-2007, 08:36 PM
If you search through the posts on this site, you'll find several that deal with this subject for [COLOR=#0000ff !important][COLOR=#0000ff !important]Yamaha[/COLOR][/COLOR] XT/TT/SR bikes, but here's the technique I use with my 1980 SR500: When starting a cold [COLOR=#0000ff !important][COLOR=#0000ff !important]engine[/COLOR][/COLOR]: turn on choke, give it four or five kicks with compression release to prime it (no throttle). Then slowly kick with compression release until you see the "kick indicator" mark appear in the window on the right side of the engine (on the end of the camshaft), then let go of the compression release and give it a strong kick. Hot engine: no choke, no priming kicks, just use the indicator window.

With practice and "feel" you'll eventually learn how to do this without using the "kick indicator" by slowly kicking without compression release until you feel heavy compression, then use the compression release and get slightly past that point until you feel resistance again, then use the compression release and kick it just a little bit more, then let go of the compression release and kick. It's harder to explain than to do, but once you do it a few times it's easy.

My SR has a "hot start button" on the carb that pushes the throttle open a small amount, for use when you stall the engine hot and it doesn't want to start again with the normal drill. It usually works, but you have to remember to reach back under there and pull it back off. Better not to stall it in the first place!

Hope this helps.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioBRk4dC5Wc

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97261
Quote:
The starting procedure as described to me is as follows:

(1) Place foot on kickstart and push down ,you will either push down to the bottom of stroke or encounter THE FORCE.(This means you are on the compression stroke).
(2) Lift foot off kickstart and allow kickstart to return to top of stroke,then push down slowly on kickstart again but this time engage decompressor,when you have pushed down till the kickstart is horizontal lift your foot up again releasing the decom at the same time.
(3) She is now ready to boot into life,give a full hearty kick and do not keep your leg straight at the bottom of the kickstart travel.The reason being if she does kickback you will not damage your foot,ankle or kneecap.

Some extra points to remember are
(a)When cold = full choke and no throttle
(b)When hot = no choke and no throttle

Kickback occurs when you have not placed the kickstart in the correct postion or the throttle has been cranked and the she has a belly full of gas (flooded) or the timing maybe out.
To clear the engine when flooded(you will smell gas),turn key or killswitch off and kick over about 10 times wth decompressor engaged ,then go through starting procedure as described and she should start easily (dont forget to turn key back on )

Quote:
http://picasaweb.google.com/Dragon43/77xt500#

Of course now I have to figure out how to start it.

Rides good but of course after I get here with it, I kicked right up to a heart attack and no joy.... Bawahahaha I gots some learnin to do with it..... When my foot heals up. :: sheesh :::: Dam all itty bitty kicker levers....

Prolly needs the carb redone. Spark looked a bit weak to me but I had a lot of sweat in my eyes about then.

I tried what Doc says he does with his bike. Zcat, any pointers?

I may get a rope and do a pull start and then fiddle with stuff until I get the combination figured.

Now I know why guys like the thumb starter buttons.... Bawahahaha

::: limps off to soak foot :::

Old 11-11-2009, 08:24 PM   #39
Elvis70
No speed traps in the sky

Oddometer: 5,053
Watch out

Better be careful on that thing, the red ones are faster. Everybody knows that. The cops like em too.
I'll tape it to the handlebars, it's just logic George! If your hand is broken, you tape it to the bars! - Evil Knievel's reply to George Hamiliton's question, "How will you jump with a broken hand?".
Elvis70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 08:41 PM   #40
Dragon43 OP
If you insist.

Well, I hate those two guys in the video already.

I need to find an online manual to copy. I don't know where to look for anything on it.

Elvis, just for you.....
Old 11-11-2009, 10:54 PM   #41
arkansawyer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,907
The XT has a little window on the right side of the cam. Look in it and slowly push the kickstarter until you see silver. Then bounce up in the air and land on that kickstarter as hard as you can. Has to be every ounce of energy you have every single time.
Can you paint this thing all yellow, yellow with black stripes(late seventies YZ style), or maybe even white and red(mid eighties YZ style)? The first time I saw it I thought it was an XL500.
Old 11-12-2009, 06:11 AM   #42
Dragon43 OP
If you insist.

Not awake yet but ....

I will look for the window with the silver lining...... Or is it just a cloud?

:cornfused:
Old 11-12-2009, 01:08 PM   #43
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer: 14,911
Alright Gus! Glad you found what you were looking for! Can't wait to have you ride with us (just make sure Doc is ahead of you). It came from Colorado? perhaps it needs rejetted? Ask JaiDee (he moved from there) about how it is likely set up and he can tell you how he set up the XR. Sweet looking ride!

The XR requires; key off, kick it through three or four times, key on with choke completely pulled out, kick it again without ANY throttle until it starts. Once it starts for the day, it is easy after that usually first kick. But boy the "lil" bitch is cold natured.
TRZ Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 02:46 PM   #44
Dragon43 OP
If you insist.

It RUN'S !!!!!!!

Had 14 complications this AM so I did not get tot he garage until 14:00.
Checked a few things. Followed directions and it started. thanks to all who clued me in on how to not have a heart attack kicking tha 'Red'nBlack' thumper. She is my first thumper other than an old Honda 50 an ex-BIL had when he was a kid in about 1975.

Anywho, There I was in shorts and T shirt and soft shoes, so what did I do, what any normal ADV rider would do, I went riding. Going around the over look loop I was behind a RV. He would not stop so I could pass and I was not going to wait so I ate dust.

Then down some slab, zoom.......

Then more gravel & dirt. Then I went over the top and headed for the trail less traveled. Then I took a photo-op. While taking the picture, it got very quiet. Rut Row !!!!!

I followed directions again and rode out of there. An embarrassing walk avoided there.

Got home and drove all over the yard and tried to find why it was now not running so good. Hummmm can't give her throttle without her dying.??? Choke does not help. Starts every time. The battery has 2.3 volts...? Well, the lights work when it runs so, is there a magneto under there some place?

I sure have lots to learn. Need to buy that manual off line I guess. I have a printer.
The pictures from today end here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/Dragon43...44155425696690

I even ran it through a mud puddle..... Bawahahaha
Old 11-12-2009, 03:36 PM   #45
Zecatfish
XTique Rider

Quote:
Got home and drove all over the yard and tried to find why it was now not running so good. Hummmm can't give her throttle without her dying.??? Choke does not help. Starts every time. The battery has 2.3 volts...? Well, the lights work when it runs so, is there a magneto under there some place?
Congratulations.

Now what you described, dying when you give it gas, sounds like a dirty carb, the pilot and main is partially plugged.

Yes there is a magneto under the flywheel. MY 550 doesn;t have a battery at all. Just a battery eliminator. I got get one back on it. I've killed 2 GPS power supply adapters because of the voltage fluctuations.

Sorry I didn;t make it out today. The clutch cable is the last thing I thought would've caused me an issue as its only a year old if that.
I looked at the TT600 and the clutch cable is still on it. So you know where its going.