Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2013, 07:43 AM   #1651
folmonty
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORexpat View Post
Just getting unpacked, and loving it out here!
Wow, you took a big leap from one side to the other. Love your new stomping grounds. San Juan Islands and all the area around Whidbey / Anacortes are fantastic. The W is perfect for exploring that area.
R5, RD (x's3),W, ZRX
R100GS, GSA, KLR
folmonty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:11 AM   #1652
ORexpat
Oregon Expatriate

Oddometer: 2,624
True; I love the light weight and maneuverability of the Dub. So easy to stop, explore, do U-turns, and good on gas. It could easily be set up for touring or errand-running, but I think I prefer it lightly "cafe-ed" since I've got other bikes with panniers.

ORexpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:23 AM   #1653
RiderFromNorway
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
Question

Hi, I'm from Norway and new to this forum.
Just wanted to post a picture of my W (didn't manage that). Bought it 6 months ago, and waiting for the spring to try it out. It has only rolled 19 000 km/11 800 miles. I have changed and relocated the indicators since the picture was taken, and are also going to move the Lucas taillight a little bit higher/closer to the saddle. Ace bars are on its way, so are bar end mirrors. The first owner (in Germany?) did some modifications seen on the bike. Then he moved to Norway and took the bike with him. Some spare parts followed the W, such as front (14) and rear (40) sprockets. Does anyone have any experience with this combination?
Old 02-27-2013, 04:56 AM   #1654
Barnone
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,594
RiderFromNorway,
Welcome to the W650 group. Try again to post your photos as I am interested in seeing your bike. I can't comment on the sprockets you mentioned as I only changed the front sprocket on mine with one that has an additional tooth.
2012 Dong Fang DF250RTB
Barnone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:40 AM   #1655
folmonty
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 280
Welcome!

Welcome RiderFromNorway! When I hear someone like yourself waiting for spring time to enjoy your bike it makes me laugh at myself for not riding more. Guess I'm getting softer with age. Think you'll enjoy the bike a lot. They really have character much like the bikes back in the day.

Are there new 800 Wubya's in Norway? Bikes like this always seem to find a way into California but haven't seen one yet. Kawasaki is just giving the retro dollars to competition IMHO.

Enjoy your new ride!
R5, RD (x's3),W, ZRX
R100GS, GSA, KLR
folmonty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:52 AM   #1656
RiderFromNorway
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnone View Post
RiderFromNorway,
Welcome to the W650 group. Try again to post your photos as I am interested in seeing your bike. I can't comment on the sprockets you mentioned as I only changed the front sprocket on mine with one that has an additional tooth.
Sorry, but it looks like I am not allowed. Do I have to attach pictures from som kind of website.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:57 AM   #1657
RiderFromNorway
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by folmonty View Post
Welcome RiderFromNorway! When I hear someone like yourself waiting for spring time to enjoy your bike it makes me laugh at myself for not riding more. Guess I'm getting softer with age. Think you'll enjoy the bike a lot. They really have character much like the bikes back in the day.

Are there new 800 Wubya's in Norway? Bikes like this always seem to find a way into California but haven't seen one yet. Kawasaki is just giving the retro dollars to competition IMHO.

Enjoy your new ride!
Thanks.Yes, we have the W800 here. Nice in black with gold rims, with a half fairing. But don't have the kick start?
Old 02-27-2013, 02:03 PM   #1658
ORexpat
Oregon Expatriate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderFromNorway View Post
Sorry, but it looks like I am not allowed. Do I have to attach pictures from som kind of website.
Yes, you have to use a site like Photobucket (free), or Smugmug (costs money but I think allows better quality). If I was home you could e-mail it to me, but I'm 2000 miles away! Perhaps another inmate can help.

There is a sticky somewhere on ADV about posting photos.

Old 02-27-2013, 02:44 PM   #1659
RiderFromNorway
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORexpat View Post
Yes, you have to use a site like Photobucket (free), or Smugmug (costs money but I think allows better quality). If I was home you could e-mail it to me, but I'm 2000 miles away! Perhaps another inmate can help.

There is a sticky somewhere on ADV about posting photos.
Thanks anyway. I better try one of these sites.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:00 PM   #1660
acap650
acap650

Oddometer: 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderFromNorway View Post
Hi, I'm from Norway and new to this forum.
Just wanted to post a picture of my W (didn't manage that). Bought it 6 months ago, and waiting for the spring to try it out. It has only rolled 19 000 km/11 800 miles. I have changed and relocated the indicators since the picture was taken, and are also going to move the Lucas taillight a little bit higher/closer to the saddle. Ace bars are on its way, so are bar end mirrors. The first owner (in Germany?) did some modifications seen on the bike. Then he moved to Norway and took the bike with him. Some spare parts followed the W, such as front (14) and rear (40) sprockets. Does anyone have any experience with this combination?
Welcome to the asylum RFN. If your W has the high US bars you will be glad when you change them. The speedometer is driven from the transmission, not the front wheel like many bikes, so a change in sprockets will affect the accuracy of the indicated speed. Good luck and safe travels.
acap650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:29 AM   #1661
GoonerYoda
Hot Dickens Cider

Oddometer: 494
I use tinypic.com. It's free.

And oh...welcome. I have a friend who lives in Jar, Akershus. Looks beautiful in the Summer time.
GoonerYoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:21 PM   #1662
ORexpat
Oregon Expatriate

Tinypic is apparently run by Photobucket; just typed in www.tinypic.com and it's sponsored by Photobucket.

They both work fine--and free is always good.

Old 02-28-2013, 08:12 PM   #1663
conchscooter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,698
Find your picture & right click on it. press copy. open a reply box here. right click on it and press paste. and Voila:

IBA#39,523
conchscooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:38 AM   #1664
RiderFromNorway
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by acap650 View Post
Welcome to the asylum RFN. If your W has the high US bars you will be glad when you change them. The speedometer is driven from the transmission, not the front wheel like many bikes, so a change in sprockets will affect the accuracy of the indicated speed. Good luck and safe travels.
Hi, I have the low bars today, and want to go further down/forward. I also have the standard 15/39 sprockets, and standard tire size, but the difference from my speed to actual speed is to big(shows 70 km/h when I do 62-63 km/h something) for me. The fines for speeding is high in Norway, so I want it to be correct. I don't think it will be perfect with 14/40 but hoping for some experience from someone? At least I will get better acceleration
Old 03-01-2013, 01:40 AM   #1665
RiderFromNorway
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoonerYoda View Post
I use tinypic.com. It's free.

And oh...welcome. I have a friend who lives in Jar, Akershus. Looks beautiful in the Summer time.
Thanks. My side of the country, Northwest, we have all the fjords and the mountains. Google Ålesund or Aalesund and you will see.