Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2013, 12:08 AM   #1936
Pigford
British

Oddometer: 911
Thumb

Cheers Bravofox & Scrivens

Gonna have a think & save some cash - at around £240 for the K81's it's a lot of wedge.... did all 4 x tyres on me VW Golf a few weeks back for that amount
Pigford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 12:13 AM   #1937
BravoFox
Twin With a Kick

Oddometer: 235
Hello you !
Old 06-15-2013, 04:40 AM   #1938
Scrivens
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigford View Post
Gonna have a think & save some cash - at around £240 for the K81's it's a lot of wedge.
That's pretty pricey - about $AUS400. They are slightly cheaper (~$350) here, which is unusual, given the hefty prices we pay for everything. (I put a set of Roadsmart IIs on the Hornet the other day and they were around $460, $510 for Pilot Road 3's.) The K70's are $108 front, $129 rear (fitted free) - about ₤140 all up - so they are quite a bit cheaper. Original K81's - not the K81/TT100 version - are still available here for about the same price as the K70's. The TT100s are a lot stickier and are used as racing rubber for vintage bikes, whereas the straight K81 has the same trigonic shape/tread pattern, but with the harder K70-type compound.
Scrivens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 05:12 AM   #1939
BravoFox
Twin With a Kick

TT100 are maddingly expensive... They go retail for 190€ a piece here, not even installed..
My Heidenaus K60 cost me 200€, both, installed and balanced...
Old 06-15-2013, 08:07 AM   #1940
lkr57
scooter trash

Oddometer: 176
I run K81/TT100s on my 750 Commando. Most Norton owners run Avon Roadriders these days but I like the K81s better in the canyons. They do track rain grooves pretty badly though. If you ride grooved roads a lot you might not like them. My W has a BT45 on the rear and a Spitfire on front (PO's choice, not mine) and they seem to work well.

And speaking of the W, here are some photos from last weekend's trip. It wasn't a big trip, about 230 miles per day. Some of the guys in our Rockies forum will ride that far before breakfast. But for me that was plenty of riding. I did not feel mileage-deprived at the end of the weekend!

Here are some photos:

At Kenosha Pass, looking into South Park (yes, there is a real South Park and this is it):

Near Buena Vista, looking across the valley to the Collegiate Peaks:

Closer to home, at Red Rocks Park. It was getting hot, so I stopped to take off layers and drink some water.

The bike performed great all weekend, even at 10,000 ft. I like it more all the time. It's such a versatile bike, good at everything from commuting to weekend touring. The stock seat is pretty uncomfortable, but with the sheepskin buttpad it was ok. I'm not planning to get a Corbin now.

Debby
plus a few more...
lkr57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 08:11 AM   #1941
BravoFox
Twin With a Kick

Nice one indeed. I like your handlebars... LSL ?
Old 06-15-2013, 05:15 PM   #1942
kirkemon
n00b

Oddometer: 9
I ride my W swiftly in the canyons on Dunlop GT501 tires.
I got the factory low bar kit and the braided front brake hose is the correct length. Alos installed Ikon shocks, stiffer front springs, smaller side panels, and pancake air cleaners. Just for hell of it I added Lucas winkers and tail light.
kirkemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:42 AM   #1943
BravoFox
Twin With a Kick

Very cool Scrambler...
One would have expected trail tires with such a look ?
Old 06-16-2013, 03:02 PM   #1944
hengsty
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Alos installed Ikon shocks, stiffer front springs, smaller side panels, and pancake air cleaners. Just for hell of it I added Lucas winkers and tail light

Great work. Where did you source the smaller side panels and air cleaners from ??
Cheers
Chris.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:43 AM   #1945
pjz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkr57 View Post
I run K81/TT100s on my 750 Commando. Most Norton owners run Avon Roadriders these days but I like the K81s better in the canyons. They do track rain grooves pretty badly though. If you ride grooved roads a lot you might not like them. My W has a BT45 on the rear and a Spitfire on front (PO's choice, not mine) and they seem to work well.

And speaking of the W, here are some photos from last weekend's trip. It wasn't a big trip, about 230 miles per day. Some of the guys in our Rockies forum will ride that far before breakfast. But for me that was plenty of riding. I did not feel mileage-deprived at the end of the weekend!

Here are some photos:

At Kenosha Pass, looking into South Park (yes, there is a real South Park and this is it):

Near Buena Vista, looking across the valley to the Collegiate Peaks:

Closer to home, at Red Rocks Park. It was getting hot, so I stopped to take off layers and drink some water.

The bike performed great all weekend, even at 10,000 ft. I like it more all the time. It's such a versatile bike, good at everything from commuting to weekend touring. The stock seat is pretty uncomfortable, but with the sheepskin buttpad it was ok. I'm not planning to get a Corbin now.

Debby
I have Bridgestone Spitfire 11R front and rear. This is my second set and I love them. Absolutely beautiful roads out there. Looks like they were made for motorcycles. Thanks for sharing.
peter
Old 06-17-2013, 10:03 AM   #1946
equ
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
I would like to move this bike, dropping the price $5200. If interested, pm me or check the sale thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by equ View Post
With a heavy heart, I am announcing my beloved w650 for sale. It has only 6796 miles and is in seriously excellent condition. Asking $5500 in the NYC area, 2001, lightly modded, new quality tires and other extras, well serviced, green/cream, perfect.

If you are interested, head over to the flea market thread:

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=888147
equ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:30 PM   #1947
GoonerYoda
Hot Dickens Cider

Oddometer: 608
Umm....wasn't the MSRP $6499 when it came out in 2000?!

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/mcy/3875637956.html
GoonerYoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:00 PM   #1948
silverhead
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 186
Hey do any of you W650 owners want to buy a different set of pipes?

I have a set bagged and boxed and ready to be sent somewhere. Some ebay dude backed out on me last year and I never pursued it.

I bought these a few years ago. They're peashooter mufflers welded to OEM W650 headers. The right one (I think, if I remember) has a mash dent in it at the bend under. Not visible unless you're under the bike.

These pipes come with a modified center stand and the brackets to mount them. They take about 15 minutes to install. They're loud, similar to TOR exhaust put onto a Triumph Bonneville. I decided to keep my bike 100% stock.

Here's some photos and a video. I'm looking for $250.00 plus shipping which is probably another 40-50 bucks.

The welding is weird.. they welded em and sanded em. They look goofy, but it's hide-able and sturdy.

Watch the video in high quality for the best sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auyANrn1Ogg
silverhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:35 AM   #1949
BravoFox
Twin With a Kick

I jumped when I started to read your post as I'm looking for a set of pipes for my W... But I want the swept back model...

Would you ship internationally ? Buddy of mine in the UK might be interested..
Old 06-18-2013, 07:55 AM   #1950
Spike77
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Love the sound...

...But I'm getting ready to put my 2000 stock W on the market in the next day or two...otherwise I'd jump. Got my eye on a nice Concours. Just more comfortable for me on long rides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverhead View Post
Hey do any of you W650 owners want to buy a different set of pipes?

I have a set bagged and boxed and ready to be sent somewhere. Some ebay dude backed out on me last year and I never pursued it.

I bought these a few years ago. They're peashooter mufflers welded to OEM W650 headers. The right one (I think, if I remember) has a mash dent in it at the bend under. Not visible unless you're under the bike.

These pipes come with a modified center stand and the brackets to mount them. They take about 15 minutes to install. They're loud, similar to TOR exhaust put onto a Triumph Bonneville. I decided to keep my bike 100% stock.

Here's some photos and a video. I'm looking for $250.00 plus shipping which is probably another 40-50 bucks.

The welding is weird.. they welded em and sanded em. They look goofy, but it's hide-able and sturdy.

Watch the video in high quality for the best sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auyANrn1Ogg
Spike77 is offline   Reply With Quote