ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2009, 01:08 PM   #1
BC61 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,124
SandBlast Fun Run / Interested in Sandblast RallyMoto?

SandBlast Fun Run

* Sunday Novemger 1, 2009 in Patrick SC *

10AM till ~4PM We will meet in Patrick SC at a gas station on the corner of RT1 and 102. If trailering there is a vacant lot next to the gas station you can park in.

* Note the date change and please post up if you plan on coming. *

http://
View Larger Map

Even if you don't plan on racing but want to check out what the course is like come and ride, who knows you might like it!

I'd like to hit the sand roads by 10:15 so try to be there as close to 10 as possible so you don't miss out. If you are going to be there later, let me know and we can make arangements to pick up the stragglers.

Many have expressed a desire to compete in RallyMoto and in particular the Sandblast Rally held in Cheraw, Patrick and McBee South Carolina in February but aren't really sure what they would be getting themselves into. So to help get more participants and/or volunteers to the event I'd like to invite anyone interested in pre-running sections of the course to come ride with me on November 1st. Rally rules prohibit testing/pre-running etc. 90 days before the event and that is the only weekend I have open before November 8th, the pre-running cut-off.

Not all stage roads are "open" so we will only hit portions of the course but enough to get a feel for the terrain and flow. I'll also mention the speed limit on most of the roads is 25 so we will be riding responsibly.

I'd be happy to answer any questions about the rally event flow, time keeping and bike prep during the ride.

I'll probably get a few other local veteran competitors of the event to join in, maybe even the event organizer.

If interested post up. I'll post up more specifics such as which day, time and where to meet soon.

BC61 screwed with this post 10-24-2009 at 09:51 AM
BC61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:01 AM   #2
FOXedupONE
Momafox can I ride?

Oddometer: 2,546
Sounds cool.

This is a ride on sandy roads right?

I missed pine barrens this past weekend so I haven't gotten my fix of riding in sand yet this year.
FOXedupONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 10:19 AM   #3
Dirtysouth
Stud fee waived for noobs

Oddometer: 4,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXedupONE
Sounds cool.

This is a ride on sandy roads right?

I was a spectator last year so I feel confident in answering this question; yes the roads are sandy.

Dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 10:59 AM   #4
BC61 OP
Beastly Adventurer

I don't want to come off as a smart ass, but... the rally is called SandBlast.

Yes it will be sandy! Actually the picture above is one of the few spots where it is deep soft sand. Most of the roads are packed sand but the conditions will vary and the weather plays a role. The wetter the conditions the firmer the ground.

This video was done by Keith Ciampa from the 08 rally. It will give you a vibe of a rally and a sense of the roads.

http://

Old 10-12-2009, 03:45 PM   #5
Stagehand
+/- V TDSPP

Oddometer: 25,532
hey, question: how much of it is actually accessible outside of the rallye? A lot of it is private most of the time. I think you can find find a lot of roads just like the actual course right nearby, though.

You know I'd go, if I could get my ass down there
Old 10-12-2009, 03:51 PM   #6
Truckin_Thumper
low profile

Oddometer: 28,828
Bill,
Lemme know if you need/want some help with this.
I can schedule a day or three off with enough notice.
Old 10-12-2009, 04:04 PM   #7
BC61 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagehand
hey, question: how much of it is actually accessible outside of the rallye? A lot of it is private most of the time. I think you can find find a lot of roads just like the actual course right nearby, though.

You know I'd go, if I could get my ass down there
I'd say about 50% of the roads are open and yes there are many miles of non rally course roads to ride too.

My intent is to expose those who may be interested to the terrain and even though it will only be partial sections of the course it's better for someone new to see the "real deal" than show them something that is "similar too".

Jason, I may be able to arrange a GS1200 for you to ride if you can get here.

Thumper, your not invited.

just kidding, you can come wait and see if there is any interest before making special plans
Old 10-12-2009, 04:40 PM   #8
Stagehand
+/- V TDSPP

Oddometer: 25,532
This is a great idea. Thanks for even offering. sorry to have missed you at the Catskills.

ps I should have read the original post more carefully.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:21 PM   #9
BLINKER 152
mudlover

Oddometer: 224
thanks for the opportunity! i've been wanting an excuse to go do some riding in south C anyway. gonna try to clear my schedule that weekend.

a bunch of KTM's and a 1950 PANHEAD
BLINKER 152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 09:25 AM   #10
Woundflatout
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 456
Thumb

Hell Yeah! I will drag a guy up that I am trying to get to enter. So yes, I'd love to prerun...It would be myself and Marcus Taylor.

Keep me posted by pm or feel free to call me @ 843-469-0538

Cheers,

Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC61
Many have expressed a desire to compete in RallyMoto and in particular the Sandblast Rally held in Cheraw, Patrick and McBee South Carolina in February but aren't really sure what they would be getting themselves into. So to help get more participants and/or volunteers to the event I'd like to invite anyone interested in pre-running sections of the course to come ride with me either on October 31st or November 1st. Rally rules prohibit testing/pre-running etc. 90 days before the event and that is the only weekend I have open before November 8th, the pre-running cut-off.

Not all stage roads are "open" so we will only hit portions of the course but enough to get a feel for the terrain and flow. I'll also mention the speed limit on most of the roads is 25 so we will be riding responsibly.

I'd be happy to answer any questions about the rally event flow, time keeping and bike prep during the ride.

I'll probably get a few other local veteran competitors of the event to join in, maybe even the event organizer.

If interested post up. I'll post up more specifics such as which day, time and where to meet soon.
Rallymoto #159
Woundflatout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 06:50 AM   #11
SpeedyG942
Gas Man

Oddometer: 454
Interested

I'll be on the lookout for updates/specifics. Sounds like a blast!
SpeedyG942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 06:24 PM   #12
Ghost_911
Kurvenversteher

Oddometer: 12
Interested too !

Hi BC61

I'm searching for events like this, sounds very good to have a chance for a pre-run. Please let me know what to do to join the group end of October?

Thx Manny
Old 10-17-2009, 04:19 PM   #13
JALnSC
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,032
need to make this happen

BP61
I am in Florence SC, about 45min from Patrick. I am very interested in doing this and I could do any advance scouting you need.
I have been to the Sand Blast the last three years and finaly feel confident enough to enter.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:42 PM   #14
Woundflatout
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 456
Thumb Monday November 2nd...

I just made arrangements to meet someone from Charlotte in Cheraw on Monday, Nov. 2nd to pre-run some of the roads. If anyone is not able to make it on the 31st or 1st, now there will at least be a couple of people up there on Monday the 2nd.

PM me if interested in tagging along.

A word of caution for anyone going up there that is unfamiliar with the roads...BE CAREFUL. Inmate, Mr. Magoo, had a near fatal accident, thinking he was on a certain road and then realizing too late that there was a gate closed across the road he was on...

Cheers,

Jason
Rallymoto #159
Woundflatout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 06:35 PM   #15
mhaas
intrpd travlrwanabe

Oddometer: 184
Carefull about running those roads "off season". The locals will drop a dime and eventually Anders will hear about it. That could affect the Sandblast's future.
Just sayin
mhaas is offline   Reply With Quote