User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2009, 07:12 AM   #1
Enprize OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 82
On meeting Moto, from Japan on a 250 Honda

Saturday, 13 Jun I happened to meet Moto. He is from Japan and is traveling for the past 13 months around the world on a Honda 250. His bike had some problems and he is staying with Susan and me until it is fixed on Tuesday.

I'll post some pictures in the next few hours. I'm wondering if anyone from Adv land has met him. He is not very techy and didn't know about Advrider. Fortunately, my daughter speaks Japanese so we were able to get translation for the bike shop in Tacoma.

I'm loaning him one of my airheads and we're touring Seattle today if anyone wants a meet and greet, ping me and we can hook up at a starfuckers.

Let me know if you've had the pleasure of meeting or hosting him.

James
Enprize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 07:40 AM   #2
Hootowl
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enprize

James
I haven't but if he's passing thru Bend I'd be delighted to give him a place to stay and dinner

'07 990A
Parting '98 1100GS. Need Anything?
Hootowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 09:22 AM   #3
tony the tiger
yeah - what he said...

Oddometer: 9,644
Cool2 bumped 4 U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enprize
Saturday, 13 Jun I happened to meet Moto. He is from Japan and is traveling for the past 13 months around the world on a Honda 250. His bike had some problems and he is staying with Susan and me until it is fixed on Tuesday.

I'll post some pictures in the next few hours. I'm wondering if anyone from Adv land has met him. He is not very techy and didn't know about Advrider. Fortunately, my daughter speaks Japanese so we were able to get translation for the bike shop in Tacoma.

I'm loaning him one of my airheads and we're touring Seattle today if anyone wants a meet and greet, ping me and we can hook up at a starfuckers.

James
So, now that the ADVserver booted my first try, we'll load it again . At least I found/loaded the pictures already...

So, James - where's yours?!

Enprize called me Saturday to tell me about his newest encounter, but I wuz campin' and didn't get the message until Sunday.

So Sunday I jump in the car *bike problems * and drive up to say hello and hang out for awhile. Turns out Moto is a pretty neat d00d travelling the world on his Honda250... and this is just one part of the story. He showed me (and later visitors again) the path he'd taken on the map... started in Japan (Kyoto, wasn't it?) then through Russia, Europe, Balkan states, containerized the bike and shipped it to Argentina, rode through South America, Central America and all the way to Portland, OR where he started having trouble *bike problems * and was limping along when James saw and offered to help him.

Here's a not-so-good picture of Enprize and Moto:

It was either that, or a blurry picture of Moto looking away from the camera...

Oh, and the bestest part about driving the car up there Sunday was I got mooned by some young ladies on the interstate, whilst driving home:

Sorry d00d - by the time I got the camera out, they'd backed off...

Monday I fixed the problem I was having with a new-to-me diode board and cranked up the sidecar for a testrun... of course, I had to bring it up to show Moto, as I'd heard he had (has?) an old BMW /5 in Japan.

ANYways, so I took Moto for a little ride, and we flew the chair, slung it around into a few drifty left-handers, then back to the house to hang out.
Posting before I get booted again...

*edit - now get busy finishin' up the tale before I ruin it for yaz!
tony the tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 06:06 PM   #4
Enprize OP
Adventurer

New engine

Moto's engine is toast, he needs a new crank, bearings, and exhaust valve. The dealer thinks he can have it together and have him on his way to canada on Saturday.
Enprize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 12:37 PM   #5
Enprize OP
Adventurer

Fixin to end

Just wanted to close this thread.

I last heard from Moto with a one line email several months ago, he was still in Alaska. I expect him to be either in Canada or back in Japan now.

Here is a post done on him in Navada by the BMW dealer there:

http://www.bigvalleyhonda.com/eblast/061109/

Best to ya Moto!