Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2009, 02:34 PM   #16
DirtDriven
Not Cheap,Thrifty

Oddometer: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuman
Will spent a week solo, then things changed a little bit. . . more info in some of his other threads.

We've got to kick his sorry butt into getting out the reports on a more timely schedule. WITH PICS! Enquiring minds want to know. Ain't nothing keeping those who are hosting from sharing a few snaps also.

Can you hear the banjoes yet, Will?

Dr.
So I guess she changed her mind? Or did he find another riding partner?
Old 10-15-2009, 02:45 PM   #17
Canuman
Crusty & Unobliging

Oddometer: 4,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtDriven
So I guess she changed her mind? Or did he find another riding partner?
He found his Canadienne lady -- or she found him. 12 hours on the road last Saturday for Amanda, and the happy couple was reunited. That's dedication (or mayhaps True Love). As some of you may have noticed, the KLR demands an upright, in-the-wind stance, has an itty-bitty windscreen, and is much happier below 65 mph than above it. Amanda rode down from Ca-Na-Da on not exactly a perfect summer day. I've had some experience treating hypothermia victims. Luckily, the kids were at the hot tea and warm blankets stage.

The back story is in Will's original thread, here: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=507203

I think this pair will need a little help with the ride reports? If you host 'em, please kick in.

Have fun storming the castle. . .

Dr.
hONORARY mEMBER fIRST aMERICAN cHAPTER tEAM nONGA (pROVISIONAL wING)
Canuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 03:04 PM   #18
Somerled
Mountain Warrior

Oddometer: 315
Hey Will it was a pleasure to ride with you even if you and Canuman lagged behind a bit

I'm glad to see you starting a journal of your trip. I'll be sure to keep tabs on you. Good luck on the road!

Canuman's right about the dearth of any pics here. Okay, I'll share a couple from Will's recent ride with us.

'77 BMW R100/7 with Velorex sidecar, Hannigan faring and windshield
'03 Honda Silverwing 600 FSC with Clearview windshield & vent
'06 SYM HD200 with GIVI 105 windshield
Somerled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 03:17 PM   #19
job3-14 OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 583
Quote:
Originally Posted by hackhawk
If your still looking for places on the east coast im in delaware and your welcome to stop in. After all if your gonna see the states ya might as well see the first one. And im slightly confused is your friend still with you or what? I was following on the pitch a tent thread and she had shown up. Either way we will be living through you for a while so have a blast and stay safe.
I'm just a wee bit behind on my reports, but I'll catch up soon enough. Hey, maybe I'll see you in Delaware!
job3-14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 03:23 PM   #20
Canuman
Crusty & Unobliging

Somerled: I'll kick yer ass Monday, you Scooter Trash.

I still can't figure how the SYM does what it does with what it's got. Within much of the usable performance envelope, (under 70 mph) Somerled has me nailed. I can ride away on the odd long straight, but it's humiliating in most other situations.

I have four times the horses. I should leave the Master Sgt. for dead.

Non-topical. Forgive me.

Hep me.

Dr.

Canuman screwed with this post 10-15-2009 at 03:35 PM
Old 10-15-2009, 03:27 PM   #21
Somerled
Mountain Warrior

Old 10-15-2009, 03:41 PM   #22
Canuman
Crusty & Unobliging

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somerled
You're waaaay too smug, Bro. Remember WHO'S YOUR DADDY?

Fun ride, ennit?

Dr.
Old 10-15-2009, 05:09 PM   #23
NikonVT
Gettin Bruced Again

Oddometer: 2,446
So do I have to really follow this since Will and Amanda already spent 2 days at my place? The dog misses you guys.......

Bras cause cancer.
NikonVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 05:09 PM   #24
kojack
My Hardley is a POS

Oddometer: 970
great job....2 is better than one!
kojack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 05:24 PM   #25
Somerled
Mountain Warrior

Quote:
You're waaaay too smug, Bro. Remember WHO'S YOUR DADDY?

Fun ride, ennit?

Dr.
How the heck do ya get "smug" out of a little icon of a guy on a scooter? Sheesh!!

Yep, my scoot is a hoot!

TBG

Old 10-15-2009, 07:39 PM   #26
RockyNH
Older Than Dirt!

Oddometer: 1,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikonVT
So do I have to really follow this since Will and Amanda already spent 2 days at my place? The dog misses you guys.......
Will, they are safely tucked in here in Hudson NH now.... Met them about 5pm, we went and grabbed dinner.. Then across the river to my place in Hudson.

I think they are doing a little touring tomorrow... lightne the load by leaving their gear at the house and return later for supper and visiting with the wife and I.

Trip Report 2009 Trans Lab Highway

Trip Report 2010 James Bay & North Road Quebec
RockyNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 08:17 PM   #27
Canuman
Crusty & Unobliging

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyNH
Will, they are safely tucked in here in Hudson NH now.... Met them about 5pm, we went and grabbed dinner.. Then across the river to my place in Hudson.

I think they are doing a little touring tomorrow... lightne the load by leaving their gear at the house and return later for supper and visiting with the wife and I.
Jeez, they are almost out of New Hampshire after a week. At this rate, they'll be in FlaDa by New Year's!

Dr.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:35 PM   #28
job3-14 OP
Studly Adventurer

September 30th, 2009

The day has come at last. Life on the open road! I am so psyched! Crossed the Ts dotted the Is. Gear has been checked and double checked, packed and ready to go. Amanda took the day off to see me off. She planned to ride with me to Whitby and head back to Orillia where we first met 3 years ago. She was sad. We both were. Suited up, put the brain bucket on, and straddled the iron steed. That’s when everything began to fall apart. Rear tire went to mush. I had replaced the inner tube and rear tire the day before. I should’ve double checked to make sure it wouldn’t happen. Luckily my neighbor and good friend of the family got me out of the jam temporarily by hooking me up with an air compressor. With the tire inflated to what seemed normal, a part of me wanted to say “Screw it! I’m going anyway!”, but logic and reason got the better of me and told me tires don’t deflate on its own. Something is wrong. It was 15:00 and the sun looked like it was starting to go down. I rushed over to my friend Eddie, who knows a thing or two about motorbikes, to see if he could help. Poor Amanda. All she wanted was a nice farewell and all she got was me in full-out business mode. Cut and dry. Straight to the point. I sent her off because it was getting late and I didn’t want her riding in the dark and cold. It wasn’t the romantic send-off you see in the movies. I felt bad, but knew I would make up for it with the little gift I left for her back home in Orillia. Got to Eddie’s, picked up another tube at Snowcity Cycle Marine on the way there, which cost me double the price, got the tire fixed. The time was 18:30 at this point and I was trying to figure out whether it would be best to sleep on it and head out first thing in the morning. I had arranged to spend the night in Kingston via Couchsurfing with Jaconette that night and didn’t want to stand her up. Screw it. Let’s ride! Toronto to Kingston is about 3 hours apart. It was dark by 19:00. I only have one word to describe riding on the 401 at this time of night—COLD! I was fortunate enough to have a 18 wheeler to follow for most of the way there. Helps break the wind, but a wee bit dicey at the same time because any sudden stops and you’ll see my face plastered to the rear end of the moving behemoth. Arrived in Kingston at about 21:40 and I could hardly feel my legs. I just kept thinking to myself “What have I gotten into? Can I actually do this?” I met Jaconette in a pub called The Mansion. It so happens that Wednesday night is square dancing night! I was well dressed for the occasion mind you, all clad in leather, sure enough I had a couple of odd looks coming my way as soon as I entered the premises. So Jaconette and I had met, we danced, and shared our views about the world and how its resources could be utilized more efficiently. She earned her PhD in bio-energy. I think I was outclassed when it came to discussions on that subject matter. All in all it was a great night and I couldn’t wait for the next morning. I missed Amanda already. Next stop: USA!

Ride on Interstate?

The sun sets on falling leaves.

Finger tips are numb.

job3-14 screwed with this post 10-15-2009 at 09:54 PM
Old 10-15-2009, 09:45 PM   #29
job3-14 OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Will spent a week solo, then things changed a little bit. . . more info in some of his other threads.

We've got to kick his sorry butt into getting out the reports on a more timely schedule. WITH PICS! Enquiring minds want to know. Ain't nothing keeping those who are hosting from sharing a few snaps also.

Can you hear the banjoes yet, Will?

Dr.
Not yet....but you can bet ya bottom dollar I'll tell ya if I did! *in a southern drawl*
Old 10-15-2009, 10:40 PM   #30
Canuman
Crusty & Unobliging

Quote:
Originally Posted by job3-14
Not yet....but you can bet ya bottom dollar I'll tell ya if I did! *in a southern drawl*
The Southern drawl uses "y'all" as a singular, "y'all all" as a plural. I recommend reading Jeff Foxworthy to brush up before you raise your glass to the Southland. . .

You could become the first certified Ontario Rednecks.

Shame it's been so tough for you guys to make friends down here.

Dr.