Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2009, 05:32 PM   #61
Asphalt Assault
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 216
Subscribed! This will be a trip of a lifetime. Feel free to contact me when you reach California, I'm happy to pitch you up to a warm place to stay and all the best routes in the Southern California area.
Asphalt Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 08:51 PM   #62
PARIAH
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 632
Keep the hikou coming.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:33 AM   #63
mpanther
KotW - Just Ride!

Oddometer: 1,036
IN,

And when you roll through Las Vegas, Look me up for free bed, showers, washer/dryer, some free meals and drink too.

(Tent space page 53 post #1022)

ad·ven·ture n.
1. Participation in exciting or hazardous experiences.
2. An undertaking of a questionable nature.
3. An undertaking of a hazardous nature.

'83 GL650swi "My Little Grey Lady"
'86 LS650 Milady's bike
mpanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 05:22 AM   #64
Twilight Error
Going nowhere slowly

Oddometer: 22,612
Awwwwwwww
Old 10-27-2009, 05:20 PM   #65
Ichthy Rider
Fishie

Oddometer: 2,967
So I am standing on the roof of the American Museum of Natural History in New York City in the driving rain (an odd spot I know, but its where I was....) and I called TE. He tells me some people will be staying at the house when I get home, their names are Will and Amanda and they ride KLR's....

Just before I threw a leg over my steed to make the trip home (still pouring btw) I called again and heard an odd voice answer with "Mike's phone?" LOL.... umm "Hi Mike's phone, this is Mike's wife..... is Mike there?"

Will and Amanda stayed for 2 days with us in Jewett City, CT. The first night we all got plastered on some locally made Hard cider.

We took them to see a couple of the nifty local attractions and fed them well before sending them off at 7:15AM Monday (sorry about the early departure hour, but we still go to work). We have a few pictures from while they were here, but after we got home from work Monday we noticed this on the fridge. Must be they like poetry!

It was an honor and a privilege to host the 2 of you. You are welcome back any time. I can post more pictures if you want, but figured it was your tale to tell.

FYI: Amanda's got one of the sleekest looking KLR's I have ever seen, but Will's got the spiffy pack job! His bike is loaded so tall he can't see over it.

Why do those with the smallest minds have the biggest mouths?-Goggles Paisano
Ichthy Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 06:27 PM   #66
dshoe
Adventurer

Oddometer: 46
hey guys..i'm down here in jersey not far from the ocean and an hour south of nyc if you need a place to stay...sent you all the info in a prvt msg...d
dshoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 08:20 PM   #67
rcook52459
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 168
looks like some great memories in the making
rcook52459 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 10:50 PM   #68
job3-14 OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 583
October 12th, 2009

October 12th, 2009

Reunited and it feels so good. Reunited cause we understood Couldnt get that tune outta my noggin, but I must sayI feel GRRRRRRRRRRRREAT! Spent yesterday resting Amanda and sharing quality time with Canumans family. Forgot to mention she rode for 11 hours the other day. Plus she lost a lot of sleep getting her things in order before departure. Mustve been hard on her, but Im sure within a couple of days shell be fully recharged. We camped out in Canumans sauna out back. Let me tell yawhen the place heats up, it really heats up fast. I had to open the window because it got so hot.

Amanda, Gwendolyn, and I out back in the sauna.

If you cant take the heat, better stay outta the kitchen.

This morning Amanda and I were set to head down south for Bristol, NH. We said our goodbyes to Canuman and his lady friend and wished each other well. 5 minutes into it, the cool morning air began to run shivers through my body. Dang. Its gonna be another cold one. Originally Canuman had suggested we mouse around and ride through the Kancamangus Hwy, but had to ditch that plan because of the cold and how fast the sun had started to set. Instead, at the request of Canumans mom, we headed out to Quechee Gorge to take a quick peek.

Quechee Gorge

By the time we jumped back on our saddles the sun was halfway gone by now. We raced through as safely as we could to get to Bristol. I hate riding at night. Especially out in the boons. I dont mind city night riding, I actually like it, but out in the boons, I might as well take a car. Its pitch black, nothing to see, cold, and you never know when critters start jumping out all over the place. But there we were, soldiering on in the dark of night trying to reach our destination. Got to Bristol, gps starts to go beserk. *%#@! The darn thing tells me to turn into a road that doesnt even exist. Now were riding around in circles trying to get the stupid thing to re-route a different route. After some time we finally get there. NikonVT.Hmmmmm.judging by his adv avatar, things might get interesting

Riding in the dark.

Bullwinkle out for his stroll.

Hi Sausage Creature!
job3-14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 11:17 PM   #69
Chiasmus
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 155
Great RR until I saw the Sausage Creature part. No pics of that, please! ;)
Chiasmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 11:55 PM   #70
TCSVN
...Stays in Vegas...

Oddometer: 170
In, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeti1
In.
Good luck.
TCSVN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 06:56 AM   #71
job3-14 OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiasmus
Great RR until I saw the Sausage Creature part. No pics of that, please! ;)
Oh no! Nothing happened. In fact, we've seen no moose during our entire stay in VT & NH *knock on wood* The last three lines of my entries are just my feeble attempt to express my artistic license in a form of a haiku poem. Hopefully I'll get better at them by the end of the trip.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:51 AM   #72
grizam
Giggady Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
Thumb

hay I am loving the RR I am glad you two are getting out and doing some traveling . I hitch hiked around the U.S. for 5 years ( no motorcycle back then I got in to riding after I started being responsable ) but I think every one should get out and experince that in there life.
So on your trip you should stop buy asheville NC.it is one cool town there are lost of good local breweries.and good places to eat. and has an all around laid back vibe. It is where I live now it has some of the most beautiful riding in the U.S. IMPO. check out the Blue ridge parkway and the tail of the dragon both real close to Asheville . you would totaly have a place to stay but I jioned the navy last year and stationed in Guam . but at least I got to bring my motorcycle an 08 KLR. keep up the RR I am really enjoying it.
here is a pic of the blue ridge parkway and my KLR.
Attached Images

If you dont like my fire dont come around I am gonna burn one down .
grizam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 11:09 AM   #73
Jonzilla
Adventurer

Oddometer: 95
More please!

'07 Kawisaki KLR650
'82 Suzuki GS1100G
'73 Honda CB350G
Jonzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 02:32 PM   #74
job3-14 OP
Studly Adventurer

October 13th, 2009

October 13th 14th, 2009

Pulled up into the garage, noticed he rode a KLR also. Were in good hands. NikonVTtallmuch younger looking than I had originally expected. Judging by the tattoos on his adv avatar I envisioned this guy with scraggily long salt & peppered hair with the matching beard, sleeveless jean jacket, biker boots, cigarette hanging on the corner of his mouth. Picture Sam Elliott from the movie Road House. Thats what I had envisioned. NikonVT was the complete opposite. Cool & down to earth. After showing us in and making all the introductions to the family, we talked about the game plan over the next couple of days. He mentioned that it was calling for rain all day tomorrow and that we were welcome to stay an extra day till the weather clears up. After riding in the cold for the past couple of hours, we were leaning towards his invitation. What caught us off guard for a second was the fact that NikonVT gave us free range over the house the next morning. He and his wife were out to work while we hung out all day at the house. Most people, and understandably so, would kick us out and then have us back when they were back from work. This was not the case. Its weird to have someone who is that trustworthy in these times. Its nice to know that they still exist. NikonVT made a good point in that if we wanted to steal anything, there would be no place to put it. It was later revealed that NikonVT had the connections to track us down if we tried anything funny. NikonVT. Great guy. We spent the day while they were out to work in Bristol to buy groceries for dinner and walking around the small town. Didnt mind the rain because we decided to use our legs to walk for a change. Later on that afternoon Amanda decided to take the dog out for a walk while I stayed back at the house to adjust Amandas motorbike chain. It was toast. We needed to replace it ASAP. After a nice meal and shootin the breeze afterwards, we said our goodbyes later on that night because both worked very early. Thank you for sharing your house with us NikonVT.

Nikons humble abode.

The stable.

The steeds.

Morning after in the garage.

A cool sidecar rig from mother Russia. NikonVT was working on a few problems. Hope he gets her back up and running on the road.

Max!

Just in case you were wondering, the tatoos were of zombies.

Rain falls on pavement.

Sheet of ice forms on water.

Steeds take the day off.

Old 10-28-2009, 06:08 PM   #75
Vinbowie
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 382
I feel a connection to you both already.
I ride a KLR.
My parents and sisters live in the Whitby, Oshawa area of Ontario.
I've been to the Adirondacks.
I could join you when you come through Maryland.
Even though that would be difficult... you know...9 to 5 and all.
But hey, I will be following you on this thread.
Lets go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They just stand back and let it all be." Springsteen
Vinbowie is offline   Reply With Quote