ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2009, 08:23 AM   #16
Cheap Ryder
Ride for enlightenment

Oddometer: 549
North Helena Delagate

Been busy welding up horses for the craft show at the civic center on saturday. BTW if you need a life sized metal horse to tether out by the mailbox let me know. I can also weld up a nice pair of antlers to mount on the bike so you can sneak up on those critters this hunting season. I came across a "seat extender" the other day. It goes over the skinny seat of most dirt bikes and makes the seat much wider for comfort. If anyone is interested in it or would like to construct their own give me a shout. Too bad the York bar hogback isn't a thru road it would be a nice ride for the montana 1000.
Cheap Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 09:18 AM   #17
Speedster
Gizmo Slut

Oddometer: 422
Saturday 10/24 ride?

Rumor has it that I may have tomorrow off from work and home. Forecast is a high fo 46* and a 30% chance of rain, it says intermittent showers. I already loaned out my MX bike to someone, so is anybody interested in a ride? Let me know-send me an email or call my cell fo three niner ate seven seven five.

Speedster

03 Dakar, 04 CRF450R, 14 Ski Doo Summit X 800, 07 Summit X 800, 00 Mountain Max, Foes Fly, Rocky Mountain Altitude 770MSL, Giant STP, Bianchi Giro, wife
Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 03:54 PM   #18
Chadx OP
Off the road again..

Oddometer: 2,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedster
so is anybody interested in a ride? Let me know-send me an email or call my cell fo three niner ate seven seven five.
Yes, I'm up for it. I just have to be home a bit before noon, so the earlier we depart, the longer I can ride. I'll give you a call, too.

Chadx screwed with this post 10-23-2009 at 04:07 PM
Chadx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 10:53 AM   #19
Chadx OP
Off the road again..

Speedster and I talked last night and our schedules were different for the day, so I headed out for a quick solo in the Big Belts this morning. Trails were tacky and perfect. Sun poked an occasional hole through the clouds and shown on Canyon Ferry Lake, Lake Helena, and some of the surrounding mountains. Here is a shot from on top of Hedges.

Chadx screwed with this post 04-28-2010 at 07:44 PM
Old 10-24-2009, 05:31 PM   #20
RudyS2MT
Rudy in MT

Oddometer: 353
Fine Fall image Chad!

Looks like you had a fine ride despite the cool winds!!!
2003 F650 Dakar (purchased 2/3/2007; sold 5/9/12)
------------------------------------------
RudyS2MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 10:03 PM   #21
Chadx OP
Off the road again..

It was a bit windy and there was a light snow/ice on the ground on top of Hedges, but heated gear is a beautiful thing...although I did unplug once I reached the trails. It was too warm to use the heated gear by then (50's). I'm still riding to work and will do so until the roads get icy. The dry roads and 20 degree mornings were enjoyable a couple weeks ago. Makes me wonder how I managed to ride in the same temps, previous years, without the heated gear. I guess I'm just getting wimpy...or smarter.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:32 PM   #22
Bee
Ride On Brother

Oddometer: 105
Found Ya

Great to see this thread up! Thanks Chad.

My guess is I won't have much time for riding this fall. 1) Hunt 2) finish wiring and painting shop and building work benches 3) work to support 1 & 2.

I'll keep checking in so keep posting potential rides, get togethers, etc.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:14 PM   #23
Mtnjohn
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 601
Count me in from Whitehall. My life gets as crazy as most but I like to rev it occasionally. DR 650.
Mtnjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 03:52 PM   #24
Chadx OP
Off the road again..

Hi Mtnjohn,
Sounds good. Keep an eye out here for a few more rides this season, but especially come next year. Would be great to have you come up for some rides. I hope to get down your way for some rides next year, too, but am not familiar with much down there, so would be great to get have a guide.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:58 PM   #25
jjmyzrider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 503
Chadx, and the rest of you that never seem to leave this area, you really need to get down to that area if you have never been. South Boulder road south of Cardwell is a pretty sweet ride up to Sailor Lake.
there are a ton of other roads, Mill Creek rd out of Sherdin, old us 10 is cool, Lime kiln rd, pipe stone area of course, this summer was my first time in there, would like to get back and do some exploring off of the main roads down there as well. less snow this time would be a plus.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:18 AM   #26
Chadx OP
Off the road again..

I used to do pipestone when I lived down by Bozeman and had my CRF450R, but I didn't have my dual sport when I lived down there so didn't do much exploring. That's why I finally got rid of the motocross bike in favor of a dual sport. I hadn't had one since the late 80's. I rode it so much this year I sold my street bike, too. First time I'm down to one bike in 18 years. (of course, my wife let's me ride hers, so I still have access to more than one. Ha.)

Yep, we'll have to get a posse to head that way come snowmelt.
Old 10-31-2009, 06:08 PM   #27
push_bars
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 181
tried to go for a ride today but it was way too windy... I was being pushed out of my lane heading west out of town... When I started heading back to town I actually felt a breeze on my back while I was going 45mph.

If it is not too windy tomorrow I will try to head out again..
push_bars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 07:59 AM   #28
Chadx OP
Off the road again..

Quote:
Originally Posted by push_bars
If it is not too windy tomorrow I will try to head out again..
If you (or anyone) want to go run some easy gravel roads West of town, let me know. Stemple Pass, Mulan Pass type stuff. I'm planning on heading out right after lunch. If I head that way alone, I'll probably do some tougher stuff (mud and snow allowing).

Anyone can PM or email me to coordinate or send a phone number.

Chadx screwed with this post 11-01-2009 at 08:39 AM
Old 11-01-2009, 05:57 PM   #29
Chadx OP
Off the road again..

Everyone missed a good ride. Pushbars and I ran west on Hwy 12 to Rimini Rd. and then south to Chessman Rd. Took that out to the Chessman Resevoir. Then back-tracked to Rimini Rd. Kept running south on that until we ran into what you see below. Turned around and road back up to Hwy 12. Hopped across that onto Priest Pass Rd. Took that to Mullan Pass and down Austin Rd. Fun ride.

Chadx screwed with this post 04-28-2010 at 07:45 PM
Old 11-04-2009, 07:40 PM   #30
Cheap Ryder
Ride for enlightenment

Oddometer: 549
Ridin down the road

Got in about 50 miles on the road tuesday and then watched a dvd of a trip into some really interesting country by guided motorcycle tour in mexico. 85 degrees in mexico...
Cheap Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote