ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2009, 07:00 PM   #76
Chadx OP
Off the road again..

Oddometer: 2,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmyzrider
So is this a ride in event only? Hows that heated stuff work out this morning? Actually it is probably warmer than my Jeep!
With the heated gear, I'm bold about the cold, but the lack of traction is a bit much. Just as the fellow that I helped push up Neill Ave in his corvette after work today. I saw another guy stop to help and could see they were going to need more than that. The corvette owner had his girlfriend out pushing. All she could say was "I told him a corvette wasn't a good idea for a car in MT". Best we could do was push him off the curb he was slid against and back out into the street to back down the hill and pull into a parking lot.

I guess I could load the minibike into the back of the pickup and have my wife drive me to movie night with me on the bike...idling with to juice the heated gear of course!

Both Wednesday and Tuesday are still looking good for me this week, with Wednesday being preferred. So, is this a go, then?
Chadx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 07:02 PM   #77
Chadx OP
Off the road again..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmt
I did and she runs like a top...I did mess with the kill switch and then put it all back together and what do ya know she has been a constant starter since...
Gotta love the simple fixes! Congrats!
Old 12-07-2009, 08:31 PM   #78
Speedster
Gizmo Slut

Oddometer: 432
Quote:
Both Wednesday and Tuesday are still looking good for me this week, with Wednesday being preferred. So, is this a go, then?
I think it is up to the host, ahem, Push Bars, to determine if it is a go or not. I'm easy, I'll show up for anything, especially if there's food!

So YZrider, how was that snowmobile ride on Saturday?

Speedster

03 Dakar, 04 CRF450R, 14 Ski Doo Summit X 800, 07 Summit X 800, 00 Mountain Max, Foes Fly, Rocky Mountain Altitude 770MSL, Giant STP, Bianchi Giro, wife
Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 11:26 AM   #79
Speedster
Gizmo Slut

I know it's short notice, but I just heard about it-there is a meeting today at 1 pm in Boulder at the Jefferson County "something" about closing off the end of Jackson Creek Rd and making it a locals only access.

This is the road that connects to the Sheep Mtn ATV/off-road trails that Push Bars and I rode. The hillbillies up there "don't want no garsh-durn motorinsickles" going up "their" road. It would be dissappointing to lose the easy access from Helena that way. It is a cool little loop.

There are some of the local Helena off-road/MX guys going to the meeting to voice their opinions. I'm stuck at work, otherwise I'd love to go too.

I'll try to see if there is somewhere we can leave comments online for the Jeffco commissioners. You guys take a look also and see if you come up with something.

Speedster

03 Dakar, 04 CRF450R, 14 Ski Doo Summit X 800, 07 Summit X 800, 00 Mountain Max, Foes Fly, Rocky Mountain Altitude 770MSL, Giant STP, Bianchi Giro, wife
Old 12-08-2009, 05:29 PM   #80
push_bars
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 181
Wednesday is a go with the boss... I am thinking I would order some pizza and see if some beverages could be scrounged up.

A head count would be good... let me know who is in and I will PM out my address to everyone (it is on the west side of Helena).
push_bars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 06:05 PM   #81
Chadx OP
Off the road again..

I'm in.

I'll chip in on the pizza, bring my movie stash and also bring my own no-alchy drink (I'm on the wagon until the end of December).

What time are you thinking this shindig will start? I'll probably just mill around town until it starts rather than driving the one hour round trip to go home in between work and "The Event".
Old 12-08-2009, 06:11 PM   #82
Chadx OP
Off the road again..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedster
I know it's short notice, but I just heard about it-there is a meeting today at 1 pm in Boulder at the Jefferson County "something" about closing off the end of Jackson Creek Rd and making it a locals only access. This is the road that connects to the Sheep Mtn ATV/off-road trails that Push Bars and I rode.
That would be a shame. LIkely caused by the few that insist on running "closed-course-only" exhaust on their enduro or dual sport bikes and/or ride off the trails, ripping things up and acting the fools. Hate to see the few wreck it for everyone else.

I got this notice too late. Any idea what went down at the meeting?
Old 12-08-2009, 07:22 PM   #83
push_bars
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 181
I am thinking about starting between 5:30 and 6:00p.
push_bars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 09:55 PM   #84
RudyS2MT
Rudy in MT

Oddometer: 353
Sorry to miss the movie hour.....

Sounds like a fine idea on these cold Winter nights. I'm off to Billings for a relative visit. I hope I can catch the next time! Lets do it again soon!

Happy screening!

Rudy
2003 F650 Dakar (purchased 2/3/2007; sold 5/9/12)
------------------------------------------
RudyS2MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 11:32 AM   #85
Speedster
Gizmo Slut

I'm working til 7, but we may get out early on account of how busy it is when it is below 0! Send me the PM, I'll see if I can get there. I haven't been home the last 2 nights, so maybe it won't matter if Im gone another! I'll throw down for food too.

Speedster

Old 12-10-2009, 09:06 AM   #86
Speedster
Gizmo Slut

I have an email address for the Jefferson Co. commissioners, so that we can send a little note voicing our opinion on the proposed closure at the end of Jackson Creek Rd. Ping me your email address, and I'll forward the email that I got. Here is an excerpt of it:

All -

The County Commissioners will discuss this issue at 1:30 PM on Tuesday the Dec 8th at the Boulder Courthouse (adjacent to the building where you get your license plates). I plan on attending and can offer a ride if needed.

Attached is proposed language that is being considered. An excerpt from the attached PDF " ROAD CLOSED TO NON-RESIDENT MOTORIZED TRAVEL 1500 FEET.... NON-RESIDENT FOOT, BICYCLE, AND HORSEBACK TRAVEL WELCOME"

Please call or write, or even better (both) to inform the commissioners of the large constituency that desires this road open. Let's support each other - please share your opposition to this closure even if you don't ride off-road often.

Email to Jefferson County Commissioners at commissioners@jeffco.mt.gov or individually to Commissioners Ken Weber 225-4027 - kweber@jeffco.mt.gov, District 2: Dave Kirsch 225-4028 - dkirsch@jeffco.mt.gov, District 3: Tom Lythgoe 225-4026 - tlythgoe@jeffco.mt.gov.

Old 12-16-2009, 10:08 AM   #87
Speedster
Gizmo Slut

Hey boys,

Just trying to keep this thread alive and let you know that the Baja 1000 is going to be on TV this Saturday. It's on NBC starting at noon.

The Anaheim Supercross will be live on January 9th at 8 pm on Speed TV. I'm thinking about having a Supercross party if anybody is interested. I suppose I best check with the wife so she either has fair warning to leave town, or find something else to do. Hell, I guess we could even make it a wife and kids event, and everybody could show up! I'll keep you posted, but let me know who would interested in coming.

Speedster

Old 12-16-2009, 08:10 PM   #88
Chadx OP
Off the road again..

Hey Speedster,
The moto watching party sounds great. Keep us posted. As long as I'm not up in Big Sky that weekend (can't remember our schedule), you can't count me in. If you have a way to record the Baja footage, that would be cool to see sometime, too (we don't have cable or sat. so I miss out on all the good speedvision stuff).
Old 12-17-2009, 07:28 PM   #89
Speedster
Gizmo Slut

I'll record the Baja show for you. I'm thinking it is going to be a kid-friendly gathering, as my 3 year old will want to watch the race, and Ms. Speedster says she'll just get the heck out of there and the boys can have the house!

I'll keep you posted. Got a couple of weeks until its here anyway.

Speedster

Old 12-24-2009, 03:46 PM   #90
Bee
Ride On Brother

Oddometer: 108
Movie night

So did y'all do movie night? What did you watch? Hopefully I can make the next one.