ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-21-2011, 02:29 PM   #286
Disco Stu
I'm Barry F'n Gibb!!
 
Disco Stu's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: The Center of my Own Universe
Oddometer: 5,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkfinger View Post
Police stuff?

Tony
naw, she works for a medical device company. These cases are about the size of a large roller luggage bag.
Disco Stu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 02:09 AM   #287
Jamie Z
Beastly Adventurer
 
Jamie Z's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: almost Memphis
Oddometer: 7,659
Run 'em over in your truck and send 'em back to Pelican for lifetime warranty replacement.

Jamie
__________________
I'm the Tent Space Guy Sign up to host fellow travelers here.

Budget Travel the Jamie Z Way
Jamie Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 07:52 AM   #288
dhillr
Beastly Adventurer
 
dhillr's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: TN
Oddometer: 1,590
Help - Looking at a bike in your area

Hi all!

Hoping one of you Fine Fella's / Ladies could help me out and take a look at a V-Strom for sale in your area.

It's in Holly Springs, MS.

Would really appreciate anyone that could ride down there and give me an unbiased opinion as I'm about to pull the trigger on a fly & ride. Seems like a nice bike in the photos.

Cheers!
Dave
dhillr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 09:11 AM   #289
leeinmemphis
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2002
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Oddometer: 1,040
I was planning on getting out for some riding tomorrow. If you need me to go then just let me know. It's only about an hours ride for me. I have had a DL1k strom so I am a little familiar with them. Just send me a pm if you still need someone. Thanks.


Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillr View Post
Hi all!

Hoping one of you Fine Fella's / Ladies could help me out and take a look at a V-Strom for sale in your area.

It's in Holly Springs, MS.

Would really appreciate anyone that could ride down there and give me an unbiased opinion as I'm about to pull the trigger on a fly & ride. Seems like a nice bike in the photos.

Cheers!
Dave
leeinmemphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 09:39 AM   #290
dhillr
Beastly Adventurer
 
dhillr's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: TN
Oddometer: 1,590
Quote:
Originally Posted by leeinmemphis View Post
I was planning on getting out for some riding tomorrow. If you need me to go then just let me know. It's only about an hours ride for me. I have had a DL1k strom so I am a little familiar with them. Just send me a pm if you still need someone. Thanks.
Thanks Lee and STU! Just called the guy to see if he can do it this weekend. Will buy you guys some premium beer if it all works out!
dhillr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 11:02 AM   #291
ZGirl
Girly Adventurer
 
ZGirl's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: West TN
Oddometer: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillr View Post
Hi all!

Hoping one of you Fine Fella's / Ladies could help me out and take a look at a V-Strom for sale in your area.

It's in Holly Springs, MS.

Would really appreciate anyone that could ride down there and give me an unbiased opinion as I'm about to pull the trigger on a fly & ride. Seems like a nice bike in the photos.

Cheers!
Dave
I see Lee and Stu have you covered. Bill spotted that bike too, we would have been tempted if we didn't have so much goin' on right now. It looks like a really sweet deal. I hope it works out for you.
__________________
There are two theories to arguing with a woman. Neither of them works.
'09 Suzuki DL650
'03 Kawi ZG1000
ZGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 11:33 AM   #292
dhillr
Beastly Adventurer
 
dhillr's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: TN
Oddometer: 1,590
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGirl View Post
I see Lee and Stu have you covered. Bill spotted that bike too, we would have been tempted if we didn't have so much goin' on right now. It looks like a really sweet deal. I hope it works out for you.
You two have enough bikes! I'm glad you guys passed on it ... hope it works out.

Would love to get back there and have some of that fine Moe's food.

Been hitting the Moe's by my house about once a week since you guys turned my on to the place.
dhillr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 05:20 AM   #293
ZGirl
Girly Adventurer
 
ZGirl's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: West TN
Oddometer: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillr View Post
You two have enough bikes! I'm glad you guys passed on it ... hope it works out.

Would love to get back there and have some of that fine Moe's food.

Been hitting the Moe's by my house about once a week since you guys turned my on to the place.
Yeah, well.... the garage IS a little full.....

Let us know if you end up doing a fly and ride. We've been busy helping Bill's folks since his Dad broke his hip, but if we're not tied up maybe we can meet for dinner and see your new bike.

Glad you enjoyed Moe's, pretty good food at a reasonable price IMO.
__________________
There are two theories to arguing with a woman. Neither of them works.
'09 Suzuki DL650
'03 Kawi ZG1000

ZGirl screwed with this post 02-28-2011 at 07:11 AM
ZGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:55 AM   #294
dschoettle
Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Little Flock, Arkansas
Oddometer: 91
You all have probably seen this before, but here's a trail ride for you to try...

http://www.angelfire.com/ak2/intelli...iest_bike.html
dschoettle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 07:45 AM   #295
_CJ_
n00b
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: Bartlett, TN
Oddometer: 7
That's insane
_CJ_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 09:26 AM   #296
malibu_dan
Adventuring Mystic
 
malibu_dan's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Middle Tennessee
Oddometer: 1,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by _CJ_ View Post
That's insane
Speaking of insane, CJ... welcome to the asylum we call ADV!
__________________
Follow me over here >>> WRRDualSport.com <<<
| Smokies are always on the way Ride Report
malibu_dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 09:59 PM   #297
_CJ_
n00b
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: Bartlett, TN
Oddometer: 7
Thanks Dan.... kinda new to riding in this area. Wondering if there is much going on or if there are many places to ride around here.
__________________
05 CRF230F plated
_CJ_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:05 AM   #298
_CJ_
n00b
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: Bartlett, TN
Oddometer: 7
So I've heard every Wednesday is bike night here. just wondering where the good places to go are.. preferably north east memphis/bartlett/wolfchase.
__________________
05 CRF230F plated
_CJ_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 12:26 PM   #299
Tn. Walrus
Knuckle Dragger
 
Tn. Walrus's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Oddometer: 303
Joe's crab shack is a big gathering point, as well as The Side Car Cafe over on Whitten Rd.
__________________
Forever West ....Murphy says NO!

Salus Populi Est Suprema Lex.

IBA# 49285
Tn. Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 12:57 PM   #300
Deerhead
Be Safe Out There!
 
Deerhead's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Cordova, TN
Oddometer: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tn. Walrus View Post
Joe's crab shack is a big gathering point, as well as The Side Car Cafe over on Whitten Rd.
Bikes at the Side Car are almost exclusively Harley's. Joe's is more inclusive.
__________________
Thanks,
Robert
Deerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014