ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2009, 10:04 AM   #76
dwj - Donnie
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 13,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Z
I've submitted this weeks dinner location just outside Robinsonville, MS on Tuesday evening. Would anyone be interested in getting together for some riding during Tuesday afternoon? High in the 60s that day.

I ride a V-Strom, so not much dual-sporting for me, but we could hit the levees, or ride down around Tunica Lake, Mhoon Landing, that area.

Jamie

Hi Jamie!

I can ride Tuesday evening and join y'all for dinner. I will have to ride the R1100GS with Tourance tires because the KLR's shock is in Idaho being rebuilt. I live down in Clarksdale, so name a meeting place and time.

Donnie
dwj - Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 02:17 AM   #77
OBHoodlum
Lost

Oddometer: 82
Anybody wanna ride Sunday around noon? If the weather is half way decent I am gonna try to ride off some of the turkey I am gonna eat tomorrow. O ya have a happy Thanksgiving.
OBHoodlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 05:09 AM   #78
OBHoodlum
Lost

Wow this cold weather sux! I don't know about all of you, but it has really slowed down my riding. I did get out yesterday for a little 30 mile ride. I recently bought a stearns ATV seat cushion. So I had to try it out. Well first impression was well it is FUGLY. So that means it looked great on the ole KLR. It actually fit pretty well on the seat, considering that it was not designed for it. So I got out and gave it a try yesterday. Second impression was that it did raise the seat hieght by almost an inch. Once on the bike and riding it did keep me from sliding on the seat under hard braking. I didn't get to ride alot, but it does seem to be an improvement in comfort over the stock seat. I will need to get out and do a 200 mile day to give an official comfort report, but so far it is worth the $17 price tag. FYI I bought mine at Wally World. I mite go to Bass Pro and see if they have the Koplin Gel seat covers if this one doesn't pan out. Bundle up and ride safe.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:19 AM   #79
Disco Stu
I'm Barry F'n Gibb!!

Oddometer: 5,274
looks like the weather thursday is gonna be pretty nice. I'm thinking of heading down the Arkansas side to Helena for a little exploring. Anyone interested?
Disco Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 01:51 PM   #80
Jamie Z
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco Stu
looks like the weather thursday is gonna be pretty nice. I'm thinking of heading down the Arkansas side to Helena for a little exploring. Anyone interested?
What time of day? I work tonight until 3 or 4 am, and then I work Thursday at 8pm. I can meet you roughly between 1pm and 4 or 5pm.

Jamie

Budget Travel the Jamie Z Way
Jamie Z is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 04:46 PM   #81
OBHoodlum
Lost

Yea I will ride after I get my new tires mounted in the morning. Just post up what time you wanna go. Are you planning on riding any dirt? Got a set of Karoos and I cant wait to try them out. If for some crazy reason I get called in to work in the morning, I still wanna ride Sunday. If anyone wants to ride Sunday just let me know. I think Jamie Z has my number, but I will shoot you a pm with it.
Old 12-16-2009, 04:58 PM   #82
Disco Stu
I'm Barry F'n Gibb!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBHoodlum
Yea I will ride after I get my new tires mounted in the morning. Just post up what time you wanna go. Are you planning on riding any dirt? Got a set of Karoos and I cant wait to try them out. If for some crazy reason I get called in to work in the morning, I still wanna ride Sunday. If anyone wants to ride Sunday just let me know. I think Jamie Z has my number, but I will shoot you a pm with it.
I'm not really sure where any good dirt is, yet. But we can go look for some if you want. I was thinking of heading down the arkansas side to helena, getting some lunch then heading up around lake archabukla back to the memhpis area. where's your friend's shop?
Old 12-17-2009, 02:50 AM   #83
OBHoodlum
Lost

My friends shop is Performance Exaust, 5250 Hacks Cross. Its mainly an automotive shop, but he does work on bikes. And he has a tire changer. I ride alot with them on the cruisers.

There are some trails that lead to the lake bed at Arkabutla past the third ditch. If the game wardens have it open we could ride some of those. I am not sure if the lake is down enuff to get into them. Plus with it being hunting season it mite not be a good idea to ride them anyhow. But if we are gonna be down there we should at least check it out. Usually during the summer the gates are open, but I think they close them during hunting season.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:14 AM   #84
Disco Stu
I'm Barry F'n Gibb!!

I'm not sure when I'm gonna be able to get away from some stuff at home this morning. Sardis is still 18 ft higher than last year, I'd assume that Archabukla is similar.
Old 12-17-2009, 03:12 PM   #85
OBHoodlum
Lost

Well did anybody get out and ride today?

I got my tires on and only rode 12 miles. I little shake down run. Ran out of the house with just a jacket, bad idea. It was freakin cold. Well I am gonna try to ride Sunday if it gets over 40, and not snowing in the morning. But according to the weather men, I will be watching football all day Sunday.
Old 12-17-2009, 05:36 PM   #86
Disco Stu
I'm Barry F'n Gibb!!

i finally got out of the house around 2pm-ish. rode some of the levees on the arkansas side. it was pretty muddy still, the big pig took a mud nap that wore me out getting her out of there.
Old 12-18-2009, 02:32 PM   #87
OBHoodlum
Lost

If your up for trying it tomorrow, I'll help ya pick it up Can't ride Sunday told a buddy I would help him put a motor in his suburban. Just holla if ya wanna ride in the AM. I will check in the morning to see if anyone wants to ride. Levee's in Ark sounds fun.
Old 12-19-2009, 08:48 PM   #88
OBHoodlum
Lost

Well looks like my friend really doesn't want to get his suburban running

That means I am free to ride. I am gonna leave out around 10am or so. Hopefully it will warm up a little by then. But with the forcast high being a smoldering 46, I just have to ride . If anybody wants to ride post up or shoot a pm. I will check this board before I leave.

If anyone knows how to get on the levee in Arkansas then shoot me a pm even if you dont want to ride tomorrow. That is what I want to ride,but I am open to ride anywere.
Old 12-19-2009, 09:36 PM   #89
Disco Stu
I'm Barry F'n Gibb!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBHoodlum
Well looks like my friend really doesn't want to get his suburban running

That means I am free to ride. I am gonna leave out around 10am or so. Hopefully it will warm up a little by then. But with the forcast high being a smoldering 46, I just have to ride . If anybody wants to ride post up or shoot a pm. I will check this board before I leave.

If anyone knows how to get on the levee in Arkansas then shoot me a pm even if you dont want to ride tomorrow. That is what I want to ride,but I am open to ride anywere.
I think I picked it up as Lee Road around Horseshoe Lake and just headed south. I was thinking of heading that way tomorrow but I'm PUI right now and don't know when I'll get up and head out. I'm gonna take the XRL tomorrow in case I run into more mud, if you see a Honda with a man in black atgatt, that's me.
Old 12-20-2009, 02:42 PM   #90
OBHoodlum
Lost

Well anyone else ride? Lets hear about it. I can't be the only one.

Got out and road around North Mississippi a little. Just didn't feel like doing the Levee's in Ar. Didn't want to stray to far away with the temps like they were. I did get a quick 80 mile day in. I did get down to Arkabutla, and the lake is high, and the trails are gated for the hunters. I saw were I could go around the gates like the hunters were doing on their 4 wheelers but didn't. I will go back when hunting season is over and ride them.