Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2010, 11:07 PM   #1606
sake_w650
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerbrown

"New" additions... '93 100GSPD, '79 100S, '95 100RT classic
Great collection, its already very hard to find one airhead in Singapore but you have added another 2 to your collection....good job and save them from being exported out of this small island....
sake_w650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 01:25 AM   #1607
Caddy82rats
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by sake_w650
Great collection, its already very hard to find one airhead in Singapore but you have added another 2 to your collection....good job and save them from being exported out of this small island....
Is it a Corbin seat on the R100 ?
Caddy82rats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 01:30 AM   #1608
Caddy82rats
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiener

Can you give us more details on the 77 RS : does rear sets give a better comfort ?
We are jealous !!
Caddy82rats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 03:24 AM   #1609
DimitriG
Adventurer

Oddometer: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebedee
There was an R65 G/S, but they were far from common ... my sieve like memory recalls something about them being used by the Danish military ...

However, whatever the original bike was, that bike is a long way from stock ... unless someone else knows better

John
it started out life as this:

to this

DimitriG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 03:25 AM   #1610
DimitriG
Adventurer

you can check thier build blog here> http://www.ritmo-sereno.com/46blog/archives/002/cat182/

works OK with google translate.
Old 09-29-2010, 04:04 AM   #1611
DimitriG
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid Dog
...I dig what wrenchmonkees are doing, recycling old bikes, making them cooland all. It's almost a green thang.
Not so sure I'd be up for buying parts from them tough. Kinda defeats the purpose of building your own bike...
totally agree, lots of copy cat WM bikes out there which is not a bad thing really. yea, no need to buy their parts either. really simple alloy fenders with mostly generic lights or bars. nothing that cannot be done on a budget.
Old 09-29-2010, 04:12 AM   #1612
DimitriG
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebedee
There was an R65 G/S, but they were far from common ... my sieve like memory recalls something about them being used by the Danish military ...

However, whatever the original bike was, that bike is a long way from stock ... unless someone else knows better

John
right on the mark, but i think the danish used monolever r65s
Old 09-29-2010, 06:04 AM   #1613
bikecat
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,086
From the WM site:

This is lovely; but where's the battery? Kickstarter only?

Cheers
bikecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 06:10 AM   #1614
Jasper ST4

Oddometer: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikecat
From the WM site:

This is lovely; but where's the battery? Kickstarter only?

Cheers
Looks like it may be behind the oil pan. If so it will suck if you catch a rock and it gets busted.

No turn signals? Some of these stripped down things are nice to look at or ride around the block but too much functionality has been removed to be practical. Mine are for riding: form follows function.
Old 09-29-2010, 06:55 AM   #1615
Rapid Dog
bikes, booze, broads...

Oddometer: 9,035
...it's a popular mod to make a battery box and stuff it behind the tranny. Kinda cool, keeps the weight low.

Rapid Dog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 07:52 AM   #1616
DimitriG
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid Dog
...it's a popular mod to make a battery box and stuff it behind the tranny. Kinda cool, keeps the weight low.
ya, or where the airbox resides, i like mine where it is. im not in too the total striped down look either but i do like relocating the turn signals, lights and making the bike less cluttered and simple, slick?
Old 09-29-2010, 08:02 AM   #1617
DimitriG
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper ST4
Looks like it may be behind the oil pan. If so it will suck if you catch a rock and it gets busted.

No turn signals? Some of these stripped down things are nice to look at or ride around the block but too much functionality has been removed to be practical. Mine are for riding: form follows function.
yea, i like signal lights too, but if form only followed function the airhead would never have gotten "the look". stripped down bikes reveal more of the lines of the bike and i feel much more nimble on the machines myself in about about town and into the country B roads. you can also save a hell of amount of weight, my R80 came in at 230kgs stock, Ive gotten it down to about 200 (guess) but 180 is very doable according to many if the cash is available
Old 09-29-2010, 08:20 AM   #1618
BrianCa
airheads and stuff.

Oddometer: 24
Question head light too small on the WM BMW?

I sort of think that the headlight is out of proportion to the rest of the bike, particularly the tank. I understand why they would replace the bmw part since it has the indents for the instruments. There have to be other head light shells that they can get their hands on. I see this every now and then on customs. Do you think that the headlight too small for the bike is a look that they are going for, or it looks better in person, or they just used what they had or what?
BrianCa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 08:22 AM   #1619
BrianCa
airheads and stuff.

Oddometer: 24
What I do like on that WM bike is the tool box added to the /6 tank.
BrianCa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 08:29 AM   #1620
DimitriG
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianCa
I sort of think that the headlight is out of proportion to the rest of the bike, particularly the tank. I understand why they would replace the bmw part since it has the indents for the instruments. There have to be other head light shells that they can get their hands on. I see this every now and then on customs. Do you think that the headlight too small for the bike is a look that they are going for, or it looks better in person, or they just used what they had or what?
does that headlight have instrument indents? ive never seen them

i think it works, the guzzi is another one, but the guzzi has the mount in a way cooler place in my OP.