ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool > Airheads
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-30-2012, 11:06 PM   #2881
lightfighter
where does this go?
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Sierra Vista AZ.
Oddometer: 2,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy82rats View Post
Be carefull about the G/S....
It could be long love story !
Maybe one of the best air head ever made.
Yeah, I can imagine. My r12gs is the 5th of 11 bikes I've owned and the only one I've ever kept more than a year. Id have to bet the airhead GS would have the same sort of utilitarian draw. The S was something I stumbled into and am having a great time tinkering with tho.
lightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 02:10 AM   #2882
R100LT
Chasing 11
 
R100LT's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Donnybrook Western Australia
Oddometer: 631
I would like to introduce the new member of my family ... Ciara ( Little Black One ) ... Now I have a stable ( Yippie ) to go with my 1993 R100LT

The Universe aligned itself today . I had the day free ... already had a trailer on the back of the car ... The seller ( great guy and original owner first sale had fallen through and was about to take off around Oz in his caravan ) had a day off work to show me. It was posted for sale on Monday ... already had a bit of interest from guys coming down to the country to see it on the weekend. I low balled him ... added a tad extra ... he goes of to discuss with his wife ... 30 minutes later its all mine.


PS No Stereo to be installed on this one ... Only mod is to install the 336 Cam that arrived this week.

http://s1271.photobucket.com/albums/...t=IMG_3300.jpg
__________________
BMW R100LT 93 BMW R100RS 91 BMW K1100LT SE 94 76 R90S
R100LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 03:42 AM   #2883
Padmei
enamoured
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Nelson New Zealand
Oddometer: 3,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by R100LT View Post
I would like to introduce the new member of my family ... Ciara ( Little Black One ) ... Now I have a stable ( Yippie ) to go with my 1993 R100LT

The Universe aligned itself today . I had the day free ... already had a trailer on the back of the car ... The seller ( great guy and original owner first sale had fallen through and was about to take off around Oz in his caravan ) had a day off work to show me. It was posted for sale on Monday ... already had a bit of interest from guys coming down to the country to see it on the weekend. I low balled him ... added a tad extra ... he goes of to discuss with his wife ... 30 minutes later its all mine.


PS No Stereo to be installed on this one ... Only mod is to install the 336 Cam that arrived this week.

Ten characters
Padmei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 05:03 AM   #2884
R100LT
Chasing 11
 
R100LT's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Donnybrook Western Australia
Oddometer: 631
Thanks Padmei ... One day I will work out how to post a pic here.
__________________
BMW R100LT 93 BMW R100RS 91 BMW K1100LT SE 94 76 R90S
R100LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 06:14 AM   #2885
Zodiac
loosely portrayed
 
Zodiac's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2001
Location: Brooklyn
Oddometer: 31,739
Quote:
Originally Posted by R100LT View Post
I would like to introduce the new member of my family ... Ciara ( Little Black One ) ... Now I have a stable ( Yippie ) to go with my 1993 R100LT

The Universe aligned itself today . I had the day free ... already had a trailer on the back of the car ... The seller ( great guy and original owner first sale had fallen through and was about to take off around Oz in his caravan ) had a day off work to show me. It was posted for sale on Monday ... already had a bit of interest from guys coming down to the country to see it on the weekend. I low balled him ... added a tad extra ... he goes of to discuss with his wife ... 30 minutes later its all mine.


PS No Stereo to be installed on this one ... Only mod is to install the 336 Cam that arrived this week.

http://s1271.photobucket.com/albums/...t=IMG_3300.jpg
Nice, the alter version of my white one.

QUESTION: Where are you buying your 336 cam, and how much more power will it deliver to the bike?
__________________
Black Shadow of Vincent, falls on a Triumph line

I've got my motorcycle jacket but I'm walking all the time...
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 06:37 AM   #2886
R100LT
Chasing 11
 
R100LT's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Donnybrook Western Australia
Oddometer: 631
Thanks Zodiac

Well what the PO told me that most of the 91 RS's imported into Oz where white ( meant to be a police order ) and where painted here in Classic Black as opposed to Classic Metallic Black ( what my 93 LT is ...has a touch of green to it )

I got the 336 off Hawk Medicine this week ( opps haven't emailed him yet saying thanks and that it arrived ) that he had sitting on his shelf for the past three years and meant to be the last of the pre Chinese .

In regards to power/torque ... I will leave that to the experts here ( SS and the likes ) . I live in rural Western Australia so I get chew up alot of country miles . I will have the LT for my cruises and the RS for my quick squirts around the " block " . I really don't have to worry about the low rpm's power range because once I leave the drive way ... I have miles of open road in all directions.

If I was into tearing up the gravel roads I guess I should start looking for a GS ... but that just isn't me.
__________________
BMW R100LT 93 BMW R100RS 91 BMW K1100LT SE 94 76 R90S
R100LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:12 AM   #2887
Lornce
Lost In Place
 
Lornce's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2003
Location: Way Out There.
Oddometer: 18,047




















Lornce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:30 AM   #2888
Zodiac
loosely portrayed
 
Zodiac's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2001
Location: Brooklyn
Oddometer: 31,739
Quote:
Originally Posted by R100LT View Post
Thanks Zodiac

Well what the PO told me that most of the 91 RS's imported into Oz where white ( meant to be a police order ) and where painted here in Classic Black as opposed to Classic Metallic Black ( what my 93 LT is ...has a touch of green to it )

I got the 336 off Hawk Medicine this week ( opps haven't emailed him yet saying thanks and that it arrived ) that he had sitting on his shelf for the past three years and meant to be the last of the pre Chinese .

In regards to power/torque ... I will leave that to the experts here ( SS and the likes ) . I live in rural Western Australia so I get chew up alot of country miles . I will have the LT for my cruises and the RS for my quick squirts around the " block " . I really don't have to worry about the low rpm's power range because once I leave the drive way ... I have miles of open road in all directions.

If I was into tearing up the gravel roads I guess I should start looking for a GS ... but that just isn't me.
Thanks for the info'
__________________
Black Shadow of Vincent, falls on a Triumph line

I've got my motorcycle jacket but I'm walking all the time...
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:39 AM   #2889
R100LT
Chasing 11
 
R100LT's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Donnybrook Western Australia
Oddometer: 631
I checked the colour code under the seat today ... 635 ... Pearl white ... so it was re sprayed by either the factory in Germany or here in OZ

http://www.bmbikes.co.uk/schemepages...r100rsmono.htm

Here is also another reference to the change of colour ... Again it seems only available in OZ
__________________
BMW R100LT 93 BMW R100RS 91 BMW K1100LT SE 94 76 R90S
R100LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 02:52 AM   #2890
Padmei
enamoured
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Nelson New Zealand
Oddometer: 3,657


Thru the barrel
Padmei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:19 AM   #2891
Rob Farmer
Beastly Adventurer
 
Rob Farmer's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Loughborough, Leicestershire. England
Oddometer: 5,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by R100LT View Post
I checked the colour code under the seat today ... 635 ... Pearl white ... so it was re sprayed by either the factory in Germany or here in OZ

http://www.bmbikes.co.uk/schemepages...r100rsmono.htm

Here is also another reference to the change of colour ... Again it seems only available in OZ
Not sure where you got the Pearl White from. According to your link Scheme 635 is Mettalic Silver. Looks really nice in Black though.
Rob Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:57 AM   #2892
R100LT
Chasing 11
 
R100LT's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Donnybrook Western Australia
Oddometer: 631
Sorry I must have look at the wrong column . I will re checked the colour code on the morning , but the PO that bought it off the show room floor told me that its original colour was white that was re painted by the factory either in Germany or Australia. Also on the stone chips on the front it seems to be white .

I am just trying to work out why these Oz bikes got a second paint job before sale .
__________________
BMW R100LT 93 BMW R100RS 91 BMW K1100LT SE 94 76 R90S
R100LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:45 PM   #2893
R100LT
Chasing 11
 
R100LT's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Donnybrook Western Australia
Oddometer: 631
Just another day in ( Airhead ) Paradise

__________________
BMW R100LT 93 BMW R100RS 91 BMW K1100LT SE 94 76 R90S
R100LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:10 PM   #2894
Prutser
Studly Adventurer
 
Prutser's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: The Dutch swamp
Oddometer: 998
More pics....

Airheads in Merzouga (Marocco)



R100R With some off road modifications.


R100R With some small changes.....!
__________________
BMW R100'91/R80'93/R75/6 R80ST'83/R65GS'87/GasGasTXT300/DouglasW20-1920

Ride Report 2012
Prutser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:39 PM   #2895
danedg
Horizontally Opposed
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: U-puku-ipi-sing
Oddometer: 6,616
Where's the oil cooler?

Sweet ride. Well done. When was the cooler removed, and how does she run without it?

__________________
Just a reminder, ride every chance you get. You just don't know how soon it can be taken from you. T.Low
danedg is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015