ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2011, 11:13 PM   #76
Crocodile Tears
The 906

Oddometer: 3,482
Hey guys,

Well I grew up a yooper and moved to toledo last january for work - what a mistake . On top of being home maybe 20% of the time, toledo is just not a pleasant place.

To say the least, I'm looking for a new job somewhere better. Draw a line from oshkosh, WI to Minneapolis, MN - anywhere north of there would be ideal, but I could consider other options.

Industrial Engineering Technology degree from Michigan Tech Dec 2010 with as of now 8 months as a field service engineer in the heat treating industry - experience with mechanical installations, electrical troubleshooting, and PLC troubleshooting. I am open to going another direction with this, but would prefer a job that I can work on the manufacturing floor rather than an exclusively office job.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, please PM.

2014 CB500X
2009 KLX250S
2005 Bandit 1200S
Crocodile Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 08:10 AM   #77
dvmweb
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
Northeast Lower Peninsula Michigan

Just saying hello. I live in Michigan. ADVrider at heart. Seems in travels described here, not all, but most skip our area. It is a good way to go and the country side is great. People are very motorcycle friendly.

Here is an invitation, If anyone needs help or a place to stay while passing through PM me. We have extra room, a garage for repairs, and good food and drinks. Welcome and Good Travels.

Walt B
Michigan
dvmweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:14 PM   #78
'Flagger
..this space for rent..

Oddometer: 2,331
Anyone have a recommendation for a suspension shop in, preferably, central Ohio. I've undertaken a project to improve the forks on my F800GS and need a shop who is willing to work "outside the box."

Proud to be an inmate of AdvRider.
'Flagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 06:49 AM   #79
Tukata
ADV Demo Rider

Oddometer: 1,443
Question Dublin, OH Recruiter contract job avaliable

Sorry if this is incorrect mods... please let me know.

By random, I have a 6-9month + contract for a Recruiter for a Fortune ranked company.
I am looking for an inmate first with 1-4 yrs Applicant Tracking experience.
$15-$18hr plus perks.

Pm if you would like to help someone, but hurry this is a short window.
Tukata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 01:52 AM   #80
9Dave
Bazinga!

Oddometer: 12,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tukata View Post
Sorry if this is incorrect mods... please let me know.
central networking is the place. Merged

dunno.....
9Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 07:13 AM   #81
OhioPT
Adventure Wannabe

Oddometer: 1,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Flagger View Post
Anyone have a recommendation for a suspension shop in, preferably, central Ohio. I've undertaken a project to improve the forks on my F800GS and need a shop who is willing to work "outside the box."
Although they are not local, I highly recommed Cogent Dynamics in NC. Rick is a great guy, extremely knowledgable, and likes "outside the box" projects. He machines a lot of his own parts and has even designed and machined cartridges for Ohlins. His rates are very fair as well. Check him out for sure. They don't respond quickly to e-mail, so call them.
OhioPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 09:06 AM   #82
Savoir-Faire
Powered by Hate

Oddometer: 861
32 year old Marine veteran about to graduate University of Illinois at Chicago. 8-odd years as infantry and then Recon, 3.5 GPA both overall and departmental. I will have B.A. in Economics with a minor in International Studies. I'm physically fit, smart and have strong leadership qualities. I'm also a strong and experienced public speaker and writer.

I've done all the quantitative stuff most B.S.'s don't do as well...Econometrics, Finite Mathematics, and currently touching on real analysis, calculus, multi-variate calculus and linear algebra.

I'm looking for something; permanent or temporary, it doesn't really matter to me. I have the ability to learn anything and succeed against any odds. Currently, the plan is to tide myself over here in Chicago and become a police officer. However, if the right opportunity presents itself and is both enjoyable and secure, I have no qualms about making a career of it.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:37 PM   #83
indianscout
Dexter

Oddometer: 617
Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Looking for a responsible person who would be able to haul a bike from Minnesota to Oregon sometime within the next few months. Enclosed trailer or truck only due to the snow and road grime. Willing to pay a reasonable price but not shipper prices. If you have the room and are headed in that direction, this would be an excellent opportunity to help cover expenses. PM me for details.
indianscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 04:47 PM   #84
crazydrummerdude
Wacky Bongo Boy

Oddometer: 7,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydrummerdude View Post
Aerospace Engineer
Minor in Mathematics
Minor in Materials
Minor in Explosives Engineering
Certificate in Explosives Engineering

2 years of explosives engineering research.
2 years of microsatellite thruster research.
7 years of self employment; owned 2 businesses (one lawncare, one industrial tool sharpening).

Manual and CNC machine tool (lathe and mill) experience.

Previously employed in an aerospace prototype/design lab.
Currently employed in a foundry/machine shop.

Familiar with Solidworks, Catia, Ansys, MasterCAM, EasyCAM, Magmasoft, White Seismology, C++, HTML, Microsoft Office, CNC G-Code.
Update:

I'm currently employed at an aerospace manufacturing facility, but I would like to be more of an actual design engineer than a production engineer.

Surely someone here works for Boeing/Lockheed/Northrop/??? and could use another engineer around.

crazydrummerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 03:06 PM   #85
eldomike
Who Cares

Oddometer: 856
Need a ride

Not sure if this is the right place but here goes...I may be buying a van in the Wichita, KS area and am looking to catch a ride out that way from Southern Illinois....sometime in the next couple weeks...hollar at me if you're heading that way and need some help on fuel...
Old 11-18-2011, 12:59 PM   #86
bradatlarge
Insha'Allah

Oddometer: 12,184
I'm heading up the search marketing practice at a large independent agency and am hiring paid search, natural search people - preferably people that are cross functional but, not required. experience required. and you must be able to be in the chicago office, often, if not daily.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:45 PM   #87
sfd156
curiously curious

Oddometer: 214
Management level professional experienced in shipping/logistics, purchasing looking for opportunities preferably in the west, but once out of work (soon)will consider anywhere. Currently employed as purchasing manager for manufacturer of building products with annual sales over 100 million (before the economy tanked) but expecting to be downsized shortly. Currently in the midwest but looking to relocate somewhere more akin to my interests.....draw a line from Tucson to Cheyenne.....looking 150 miles or so either way from that line....maybe further to the west. Kind of easy....will do most anything if the money's right..... besides current career, experienced in fireservice, EMS, CDL driver, mechanically inclined, some building trades etc. Highly dependable with strong, old fashioned work ethic. Contact - sfd156@hotmail.com Thanks
82 XL500 (winter/spring/summer/fall project)
sfd156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 01:39 AM   #88
dougfromindy
I smell premix

Oddometer: 2,255
looking for a qualified roofer in Indianapolis

got a drip , needs fixing ASAP.
more importantly looking for an estimate for a new roof installation this Spring.
Westside Indpls.
please send me a PM.
thanks
dougfromindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:38 PM   #89
RennyGade
Adventurer

Oddometer: 60
My new Gig!

http://www.somedayadventures.com

I'm doing fully outfitted snowmobile tours in the UP and tip of the mitt. You can follow me on FB too.

Basicly all you have to do is show and I have you covered from Head to sled! Check out my site.
RennyGade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:18 AM   #90
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 13,141
Stable company looking for some new peeps. Not glorious or glamorous, but we made profit all the way through the recession. There's also a couple unlisted electro engineering positions coming up. Entry level stuff for recent grads. Shoot me a PM, and I can forward your info to the hiring manager.

http://www.comlaundry.com/careers/openings.asp
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote