ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2014, 04:03 PM   #2701
XCRider803
Loftin' the wheel

Oddometer: 754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolranch View Post
Just got her started and she ran good. It has been 5 years. I rebuilt the carbs and cleaned the tank and new battery ect. 1977 with 4600 miles.
Fine looking machine, reminds me of my youth.
XCRider803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 04:40 PM   #2702
Koolranch
NCADVR

Oddometer: 448
Charlotte: Ride Planning, 3rd Thursday Pizza-Meet and General Hooliganism

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppFan View Post
That looks like a lot of fun!

Thanks, I took it on a 30 mile ride to see what issues came up. It is having some rear brake issues and left side throttle cable is bagging up. It's not ready for prime time but we are getting there.

Koolranch screwed with this post 03-10-2014 at 07:55 AM
Koolranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 06:52 PM   #2703
BluRidgeRider
Long Rider

Oddometer: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolranch View Post
Just got her started and she ran good. It has been 5 years. I rebuilt the carbs and cleaned the tank and new battery ect. 1977 with 4600 miles.
Very cool looking bike! Always liked RD350s, RD400s and the RZ350s; especially the RZs done up in Yamaha Factory Team/Kenny Roberts Yellow livery. All of them are way cool rides.

Numa

Check out -- Eighteen Years in the Making

Maps can only lead to conjecture, whereas proof is born in the ride.
BluRidgeRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 07:55 PM   #2704
Koolranch
NCADVR

Thanks Numa.
Old 03-13-2014, 06:19 AM   #2705
BluRidgeRider
Long Rider

Saturday, March 15 Street Bike Ride

Saturday appears to be the best day for riding this weekend. The Sunday forecast is for a 70% chance of rain; Saturday 0% chance of rain.

Augie and I are planning a street bike ride for Saturday -- I think Flasher is coming as well -- that will have us riding on tarmac in the mountains northwest of Morganton. We will be heading up Rt 80 outside of Marion, then up Rt 226 and continuing into TN. We'll eat lunch in TN and then loop around and come back down Routes 143 and 261 through the Roan Mtn area. I have ridden this with Augie a couple of times before and it features some very twisty roads and great scenery.

We plan to meet at Bojangle's at the Bessemer City exit (Exit 14) off of I85 at 9:00 AM Saturday morning. Hope some of you can join us for the ride.

Koolranch: Sure would be nice to have a two-stroke bike along on this ride.

Numa

Old 03-13-2014, 06:29 AM   #2706
StarWolve
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 125
A "street bike ride" like the last time? Maybe I'll ride the Uly, just in case?!

I don't know if I can make this one, but I'll try. Headed to Fort McCoy for 3 weeks next Thursday, so there's a lot to get done prior to that.
IBA #41635 - 2003 HD Fatboy, 2004 Buell XB12R Firebolt, 2007 Buell XB12X Ulysses

"Boredom is my worst enemy. It's killed a lot of my friends, but it won't get me. When I get bored, I go risk my life somewhere." - Larry Niven, Ringworld
StarWolve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 06:55 AM   #2707
XCRider803
Loftin' the wheel

Oddometer: 754
Numa, when you think you'll be back?
XCRider803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:01 PM   #2708
BluRidgeRider
Long Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCRider803 View Post
Numa, when you think you'll be back?
Can't say exactly when we'll be back, but it is pretty much an all day ride. Here is a photo taken near Roan Mtn.

Numa

Old 03-13-2014, 01:48 PM   #2709
StarWolve
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluRidgeRider View Post
Can't say exactly when we'll be back, but it is pretty much an all day ride.
Numa

And if you lose your wallet, most of the evening, too. I'll have to break out my Harley wallet chain...

I'm hoping to be in for this one. I just need to clear the plan with Household 6. She's exercising veto powers since it's my last weekend in town for a month.
IBA #41635 - 2003 HD Fatboy, 2004 Buell XB12R Firebolt, 2007 Buell XB12X Ulysses

"Boredom is my worst enemy. It's killed a lot of my friends, but it won't get me. When I get bored, I go risk my life somewhere." - Larry Niven, Ringworld
StarWolve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 03:08 PM   #2710
Koolranch
NCADVR

Quote:
Saturday appears to be the best day for riding this weekend. The Sunday forecast is for a 70% chance of rain; Saturday 0% chance of rain.

Augie and I are planning a street bike ride for Saturday -- I think Flasher is coming as well -- that will have us riding on tarmac in the mountains northwest of Morganton. We will be heading up Rt 80 outside of Marion, then up Rt 226 and continuing into TN. We'll eat lunch in TN and then loop around and come back down Routes 143 and 261 through the Roan Mtn area. I have ridden this with Augie a couple of times before and it features some very twisty roads and great scenery.

We plan to meet at Bojangle's at the Bessemer City exit (Exit 14) off of I85 at 9:00 AM Saturday morning. Hope some of you can join us for the ride.

Koolranch: Sure would be nice to have a two-stroke bike along on this ride.

Numa

Wow, that's sounds like a great time. After my ride last weekend I'm sorting out some rear brake issues and a throttle cable replacement. The parts just came in today so I will probably be working on it this weekend. I really need to ride it a while around town to make sure it's ready for prime time. So I'm out for this ride. I'm hoping that the KTM arrive this month and I can start logging miles with you guys. Be safe and take lots of pictures. I always enjoy the post ride debrief.
Old 03-13-2014, 03:12 PM   #2711
The Opa
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarWolve View Post
And if you lose your wallet, most of the evening, too. I'll have to break out my Harley wallet chain...

I'm hoping to be in for this one. I just need to clear the plan with Household 6. She's exercising veto powers since it's my last weekend in town for a month.

I used one of those chain drive pocket books when I delivered milk in the late '60s. Surely Mrs. Star understands that Sunday will be...... more intense after a ride?

Hey Numa, ya'll going through Fallston?. If I can figure the logistics I'd just as soon meet after the meet-up, enroute. If not Fallston tell me another.

Opa Rides
The Opa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 03:42 PM   #2712
BluRidgeRider
Long Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Opa View Post
I used one of those chain drive pocket books when I delivered milk in the late '60s. Surely Mrs. Star understands that Sunday will be...... more intense after a ride?

Hey Numa, ya'll going through Fallston?. If I can figure the logistics I'd just as soon meet after the meet-up, enroute. If not Fallston tell me another.
I'm guessing we will come through Fallston on Rt 182 headed over to Polkville (at the intersection of Routes 182 and 226). Would you rather meet at Fallston or Polkville?

Numa

Old 03-13-2014, 03:47 PM   #2713
The Opa
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 591
Quote:
I'm guessing we will come through Fallston on Rt 182 headed over to Polkville (at the intersection of Routes 182 and 226). Would you rather meet at Fallston or Polkville?

Numa

Polkville. I'll be at the store on the corner of 182 & 226. Thanks!

Opa Rides
The Opa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 06:56 PM   #2714
augiedog
augie dog

Oddometer: 705
ride suggestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarWolve View Post
A "street bike ride" like the last time? Maybe I'll ride the Uly, just in case?!

I don't know if I can make this one, but I'll try. Headed to Fort McCoy for 3 weeks next Thursday, so there's a lot to get done prior to that.
Let me know if you need it, I have one of those dog chain things you hook onto your wallet I'll let you use if you want to go saturday.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:22 PM   #2715
augiedog
augie dog

Oddometer: 705
saturday ride

I had dinner with flasher this afternoon and we are going to ride saturday. we will be meeting everyone at the bojangles at 9:00. he is going to ride his suzi. and I'll be on the hog. glad you are gonna join us too opa. I vote we make you the offical group photographer. the pictures you have been posting on the weekend ride forum are great. one of our stops on a recent ride. left to right, Opa, Flasher, and Starwolf from Opa's sunday ride in the green river area near tryon nc.