ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2014, 05:42 PM   #3046
Scott Davis
Which way did they go?

Oddometer: 677
Seems top notch. Cant type

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Tapatalk
Scott Davis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 04:24 AM   #3047
BOIKE333
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by XCRider803 View Post
Itís a 2004 EX250 F18 with 4230 miles on it. It was bought new by my son for his first motorcycle then I bought it from him and it was my wifeís and she got her motorcycle license on it. Itís served us well and is a fun little bike to ride.

KBB says it should be worth $1,625. They base their price on 10,125 miles and you can't change it, average milage for that year I guess.

NADA Guides says low retail is $1,490 and high retail is $1,960, doesnít mention milage. Low retail is described as body parts with dents and scratches. It has a dent in the tank, not from falling but last time I took it off to adjust the valves the tank was full and rolled out of my hands.

Itís had itís carbs soaked in Berrymans and cleaned up well. Adjusted the valves and changed the oil and filter. New battery and almost full tank of gas.

Itís in great shape, not really showing itís age at all. Always garaged. Iím going to start at $1,725, may hold firm since it only has 4230 miles on it. Weíll see how many bites I get and go from there. In original OEM condition and everything works. I have the Kawasaki valve adjustment tool that goes with the bike. I also have the shop manuals, if I can find them in the garage they come with it too.
I know someone that is interested, I'll let know the details.
Old 05-03-2014, 05:03 AM   #3048
wesdawg
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by pieeye View Post
Those are screen shots out of "GPS HD from MotionX". It and GPS Drive from MotionX are my current favorites for the iOS platform. I've been experimenting with them running on an 8" iPad Mini Retina and getting to the point where I really like it.

There are a couple of different ones I use on Android for other activities including off road.
Pieeye, what do you use for the Android?
It's been around 3 years since I rode w you guys, I sold the XT 225 and I'm building up a new to me Wr250r! Looking forward to getting back in the dirt w a group ride.
wesdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 05:36 AM   #3049
pieeye
Go Far...Get Lost

Oddometer: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesdawg View Post
Pieeye, what do you use for the Android?
It's been around 3 years since I rode w you guys, I sold the XT 225 and I'm building up a new to me Wr250r! Looking forward to getting back in the dirt w a group ride.
Hey Wes, good to hear from ya. Congrats on the new bike, I've always wanted a WRR myself.

Check out http://backcountrynavigator.com/ there are a few others but this is the one I find myself using most of the time on Android.
pieeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 06:01 AM   #3050
wesdawg
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by pieeye View Post
Hey Wes, good to hear from ya. Congrats on the new bike, I've always wanted a WRR myself.

Check out http://backcountrynavigator.com/ there are a few others but this is the one I find myself using most of the time on Android.
I've played around with "back country" ... Need to spend more time figuring it out. Thanks for info. My dad and I are headed up to Spencer shortly, we are going to ride up through Huntersville, and come in from the north side... Cherry Grove, Landin route I think... Using the bicycle route in Google.
wesdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 06:19 AM   #3051
Leget

Oddometer: 526
Just found out that I'll have to work a split shift tomorrow. From 5am until around 9 or 10am then from 4pm until who knows when.

I hope to be able to squeeze a quick ride tomorrow at Uwharrie but I would need to head back toward Salisbury around 3pm to be back here by 4pm.

I'm planning on riding down there today after the MC show in Spencer if anyone is interested. Shoot me an email or PM.

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth - Steve McQueen

Leget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 06:21 AM   #3052
Scott Davis
Which way did they go?

Oddometer: 677
I would go but I am going to pickup my Transalp in a few hours. Still have my DR for sale.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Tapatalk
Scott Davis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 11:31 AM   #3053
ShiftHead
the f is silent.

Oddometer: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leget View Post
That makes two requests for Sunday.....that works for me.
We could meet at the Eldorado Outpost (Gas station on Hwy109 just North of the Entrance road to Uwharrie).

GPS coordinates for the Outpost
35į26'47.89"N
80į 1'15.19"W

If that is OK with you guys, what time do you want to meet on Sunday?
These are the coordinates where we will meet, right? Can we buy the passes here? I can probably get here by 10 am. It's about 90 or so mins from home for me. But what a day it looks like it will be!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
- Bigzoner #052 English Chapter "Keep Brotherhood Till Die!" - Nate & Dot Fan club
- The "Got Screwed" Newb
ShiftHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 11:43 AM   #3054
Koolranch
NCADVR

Oddometer: 453
Here are a few pictures of today's festivities, plus a bonus KTM selfie.

Steve
Koolranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 12:00 PM   #3055
BluRidgeRider
Long Rider

Oddometer: 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolranch View Post

Steve
Love two-stroke dirt bikes from the late 60s and early 70s. That Yamaha 360 looks pristine!

Numa

Check out -- Eighteen Years in the Making

Maps can only lead to conjecture, whereas proof is born in the ride.
BluRidgeRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 12:21 PM   #3056
AppFan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolranch View Post

Steve

Glad to see you made it home ok. You didn't have much further to go down 601 to reach 24/27 in case you were wondering where the heck I was leading you. :)
AppFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 12:29 PM   #3057
Koolranch
NCADVR

Oddometer: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppFan View Post
Glad to see you made it home ok. You didn't have much further to go down 601 to reach 24/27 in case you were wondering where the heck I was leading you. :)

Hey Joe, yup I diverted on 200 to get to Reed Mine RD, that's where the KTM picture was taken. Thanks for riding with me.
Koolranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 12:49 PM   #3058
parallaxbill
Mid-Carolina ADVR

Oddometer: 208
Herrserj and I found some interesting dirt roads around Lake Wateree today.Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1399146508178.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  65.7 KB

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
parallaxbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 12:51 PM   #3059
parallaxbill
Mid-Carolina ADVR

Oddometer: 208
And a nice view from a place we never knew existed on the west side of the lake.
Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1399146628765.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  56.0 KB

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
parallaxbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 02:01 PM   #3060
Leget

Oddometer: 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftHead View Post
These are the coordinates where we will meet, right? Can we buy the passes here? I can probably get here by 10 am. It's about 90 or so mins from home for me. But what a day it looks like it will be!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Yes that's the coordinates for the "Eldorado Outpost" and you can buy passes there, it's kind of a one stop shop. You can get gas, food, drinks, fishing supplies, gold panning supplies, camping gear....etc. Great place to stock up.

I ran into a big problem though, I have to work a split shift tomorrow (post #3051). The earlier the crews finish up, the earlier I can head that way. Unfortunately I'll have to head back home around 3pm to take get ready for Sunday nights work. I would be surprised if I can make it there before noon.

I hope that doesn't change your mind about going, maybe I'll see you on the trails. I'll be on a XR650L with #47 on the front number plate.

Mike

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth - Steve McQueen

Leget is offline   Reply With Quote