ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2014, 04:55 AM   #3481
sailorcolin
sailor

Oddometer: 53
Thanks for having me out last night guys and gals! I plan on being at the next one hopefully! On my 2 hour ride home my petcock decided to implode. It is a Suzuki problem with my bike. So I was stranded somewhere in SC on backroads! My girlfriend came and picked me and my bike up and it is currently sitting on the trailer waiting for new parts! Hopefully I'll be back out soon!
sailorcolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 05:30 AM   #3482
BOIKE333
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 313
Date change

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCRider803 View Post
I'll be there. Hope a couple others show up too.
XC, found out last night I have a party to work on Monday, but I can switch to Wednesday if your available.
Old 06-20-2014, 05:42 AM   #3483
BOIKE333
Gnarly Adventurer

Or

I am actually off the 29th which is a Sunday if you want to wait in hopes of getting a bigger group?
Old 06-20-2014, 07:40 AM   #3484
JoeyBones OP
Encouraging Entropy

Oddometer: 1,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorcolin View Post
Thanks for having me out last night guys and gals! I plan on being at the next one hopefully! On my 2 hour ride home my petcock decided to implode. It is a Suzuki problem with my bike. So I was stranded somewhere in SC on backroads! My girlfriend came and picked me and my bike up and it is currently sitting on the trailer waiting for new parts! Hopefully I'll be back out soon!
Sorry to hear about your troubles getting home. It was nice meeting you and I love the work you've done on the bike - hope to see you again at a future Hawthornes meet-up.
One State left to ride: Hawaii. IBA #48773.
Check out my Motorcycle Courier Adventures or the Charlotte Ride Planning & 3rd Thursday Pizza-Meet

"I picked up a nice burlap thong. It makes me feel pretty." - BluRidgeRider
JoeyBones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 08:28 AM   #3485
adverb
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 125
It was nice meeting everyone last night.

BOIKE, I can probably make the 29th. Keep us informed.
adverb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 08:49 AM   #3486
ShiftHead
the f is silent.

Oddometer: 259
Enjoyed seeing everyone last night. Great stories from all, esp Augie and his ride. It definitely has re-framed my overall desire with regards a coast to coast TAT ride.

Lemme know if there is some dirt riding this weekend. It's gonna be hot, so dress accordingly!
- Bigzoner #052 English Chapter "Keep Brotherhood Till Die!" - Nate & Dot Fan club
- The "Got Screwed" Newb
ShiftHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 09:02 AM   #3487
XCRider803
Loftin' the wheel

Oddometer: 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOIKE333 View Post
XC, found out last night I have a party to work on Monday, but I can switch to Wednesday if your available.
Quote:
I am actually off the 29th which is a Sunday if you want to wait in hopes of getting a bigger group?
Saturday and Sunday are out for me this weekend, but don't let that stop anyone. Wednesday is doable. I have two weeks of vacation days saved up so I can do weekdays if needed. Would like to know where I can get the Husky dirty without trailering. I don't need to do anything epic, just pointed in the right direction.
XCRider803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 09:04 AM   #3488
XCRider803
Loftin' the wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftHead View Post
Enjoyed seeing everyone last night. Great stories from all, esp Augie and his ride. It definitely has re-framed my overall desire with regards a coast to coast TAT ride.

Lemme know if there is some dirt riding this weekend. It's gonna be hot, so dress accordingly!
Yeah, I really wanted to make that one but Thursdays were tied up with events at the velodrome. They've switched to Fridays for the rest of the season so y'all will probably see my ugly face there next time.
Old 06-20-2014, 11:06 AM   #3489
E.R.Minman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 172
Sunday the 29th works for me. I intended to make it out last night but a last minute pop-up PBR party with beer and bikinis happened instead.
Old 06-20-2014, 11:38 AM   #3490
roadog62
First out last in

Oddometer: 32
Thursday night meet up at Hawthornes

Hi everyone, just came across this after reading Augies RR, I plan to be at the July 17 meeting and look forward to meeting everyone. I'm leaving the week of July 4th for th Horizions Unlimited meeting in Annapolis Royal Nova Scotia, riding my KLR.

"That may be true, but on the other hand you have 4 fingers and a thumb"
Roger Miller

07 KLR 650
06 GL1800 Goldwing,
roadog62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 12:43 PM   #3491
adverb
Gnarly Adventurer

Weekend of July 29th

OK. I am confirmed for the weekend of the 29th. I'm actually free from Saturday evening, through Monday. I'll probably use my Wolf Creek ride plan for this trip since I will not be able to make the Wolf Creek trip. So, I'll go up to Wilson Creek on Saturday Night and set up a base camp. Then we can meet somewhere Sunday morning. I'll be staying Sunday night too if anyone else wants to join me.

How does that sound?

Or were you guys thinking of sticking closer to Charlotte?

adverb screwed with this post 06-20-2014 at 12:54 PM
Old 06-20-2014, 01:17 PM   #3492
BOIKE333
Gnarly Adventurer

29th

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCRider803 View Post
Saturday and Sunday are out for me this weekend, but don't let that stop anyone. Wednesday is doable. I have two weeks of vacation days saved up so I can do weekdays if needed. Would like to know where I can get the Husky dirty without trailering. I don't need to do anything epic, just pointed in the right direction.
Were talking about the 29th..........so lets shoot for that if it will work for you.
If your riding out of Rock Hill take Mt. Gallant, (there is a good gas line on the right and some green way trails off of Mt. Gallant) to 274 North. Take 274 up towards Lake Wylie and explore all the areas under the power lines on both roads, up around the power plant and around the water tower on Concord Rd.
BOIKE
Old 06-20-2014, 01:19 PM   #3493
BOIKE333
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adverb View Post
OK. I am confirmed for the weekend of the 29th. I'm actually free from Saturday evening, through Monday. I'll probably use my Wolf Creek ride plan for this trip since I will not be able to make the Wolf Creek trip. So, I'll go up to Wilson Creek on Saturday Night and set up a base camp. Then we can meet somewhere Sunday morning. I'll be staying Sunday night too if anyone else wants to join me.

How does that sound?

Or were you guys thinking of sticking closer to Charlotte?
Thinking local CLT ride........
Old 06-20-2014, 01:27 PM   #3494
adverb
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Thinking local CLT ride........
OK. I could stay in town sat night and head up to Wilsons Creek for Sunday night. Would any be up for joining me for Sunday Night and Monday?
Old 06-20-2014, 04:31 PM   #3495
XCRider803
Loftin' the wheel

Quote:
Were talking about the 29th..........so lets shoot for that if it will work for you.
If your riding out of Rock Hill take Mt. Gallant, (there is a good gas line on the right and some green way trails off of Mt. Gallant) to 274 North. Take 274 up towards Lake Wylie and explore all the areas under the power lines on both roads, up around the power plant and around the water tower on Concord Rd.
BOIKE
When you leaving and what time you think you're finishing?