ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-20-2014, 04:55 AM   #3481
sailorcolin
sailor
 
sailorcolin's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Rock Hill , SC
Oddometer: 53
Thanks for having me out last night guys and gals! I plan on being at the next one hopefully! On my 2 hour ride home my petcock decided to implode. It is a Suzuki problem with my bike. So I was stranded somewhere in SC on backroads! My girlfriend came and picked me and my bike up and it is currently sitting on the trailer waiting for new parts! Hopefully I'll be back out soon!
__________________
"Tiger Cub"
2000 Triumph Tiger 885i
1999 Suzuki Savage LS650 ˇFOR SALE!
sailorcolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 05:30 AM   #3482
BOIKE333
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Lake Wylie SC
Oddometer: 313
Date change

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCRider803 View Post
I'll be there. Hope a couple others show up too.
XC, found out last night I have a party to work on Monday, but I can switch to Wednesday if your available.
__________________
THE HORN OF SHAME GOES
Mmmeeeeeeeep
BOIKE333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 05:42 AM   #3483
BOIKE333
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Lake Wylie SC
Oddometer: 313
Or

I am actually off the 29th which is a Sunday if you want to wait in hopes of getting a bigger group?
__________________
THE HORN OF SHAME GOES
Mmmeeeeeeeep
BOIKE333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 07:40 AM   #3484
JoeyBones OP
Encouraging Entropy
 
JoeyBones's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Charlotte, Y'all
Oddometer: 1,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorcolin View Post
Thanks for having me out last night guys and gals! I plan on being at the next one hopefully! On my 2 hour ride home my petcock decided to implode. It is a Suzuki problem with my bike. So I was stranded somewhere in SC on backroads! My girlfriend came and picked me and my bike up and it is currently sitting on the trailer waiting for new parts! Hopefully I'll be back out soon!
Sorry to hear about your troubles getting home. It was nice meeting you and I love the work you've done on the bike - hope to see you again at a future Hawthornes meet-up.
__________________
One State left to ride: Hawaii. IBA #48773.
Check out my Motorcycle Courier Adventures or the Charlotte Ride Planning & 3rd Thursday Pizza-Meet

"I picked up a nice burlap thong. It makes me feel pretty." - BluRidgeRider
JoeyBones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 08:28 AM   #3485
adverb
Gnarly Adventurer
 
adverb's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Oddometer: 125
It was nice meeting everyone last night.

BOIKE, I can probably make the 29th. Keep us informed.
adverb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 08:49 AM   #3486
ShiftHead
the f is silent.
 
ShiftHead's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Fort Mill, SC
Oddometer: 259
Enjoyed seeing everyone last night. Great stories from all, esp Augie and his ride. It definitely has re-framed my overall desire with regards a coast to coast TAT ride.

Lemme know if there is some dirt riding this weekend. It's gonna be hot, so dress accordingly!
__________________
SHIfTHEAD
- Bigzoner #052 English Chapter "Keep Brotherhood Till Die!" - Nate & Dot Fan club
- The "Got Screwed" Newb
ShiftHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 09:02 AM   #3487
XCRider803
Loftin' the wheel
 
XCRider803's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Charlotte area
Oddometer: 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOIKE333 View Post
XC, found out last night I have a party to work on Monday, but I can switch to Wednesday if your available.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOIKE333 View Post
I am actually off the 29th which is a Sunday if you want to wait in hopes of getting a bigger group?
Saturday and Sunday are out for me this weekend, but don't let that stop anyone. Wednesday is doable. I have two weeks of vacation days saved up so I can do weekdays if needed. Would like to know where I can get the Husky dirty without trailering. I don't need to do anything epic, just pointed in the right direction.
__________________
----------------------------
2013 Triumph Tiger 800 XC
2013 Husky TE 449
XCRider803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 09:04 AM   #3488
XCRider803
Loftin' the wheel
 
XCRider803's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Charlotte area
Oddometer: 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftHead View Post
Enjoyed seeing everyone last night. Great stories from all, esp Augie and his ride. It definitely has re-framed my overall desire with regards a coast to coast TAT ride.

Lemme know if there is some dirt riding this weekend. It's gonna be hot, so dress accordingly!
Yeah, I really wanted to make that one but Thursdays were tied up with events at the velodrome. They've switched to Fridays for the rest of the season so y'all will probably see my ugly face there next time.
__________________
----------------------------
2013 Triumph Tiger 800 XC
2013 Husky TE 449
XCRider803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 11:06 AM   #3489
E.R.Minman
Gnarly Adventurer
 
E.R.Minman's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Charlotte, Norf Cakalak
Oddometer: 172
Sunday the 29th works for me. I intended to make it out last night but a last minute pop-up PBR party with beer and bikinis happened instead.
__________________
2010 BMW F800GS, 2009 Kawasaki KLX450 Plated , 1981 Honda CT70, 1977 Vespa P200E with sidecar(FOR SALE), 2005 Yamaha TTR90.
http://rustorama.blogspot.com/
E.R.Minman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 11:38 AM   #3490
roadog62
First out last in
 
roadog62's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Clemmons NC
Oddometer: 32
Thursday night meet up at Hawthornes

Hi everyone, just came across this after reading Augies RR, I plan to be at the July 17 meeting and look forward to meeting everyone. I'm leaving the week of July 4th for th Horizions Unlimited meeting in Annapolis Royal Nova Scotia, riding my KLR.
__________________
"it is always the one you least suspect"
Homer Simpson

"That may be true, but on the other hand you have 4 fingers and a thumb"
Roger Miller

07 KLR 650
06 GL1800 Goldwing,
roadog62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 12:43 PM   #3491
adverb
Gnarly Adventurer
 
adverb's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Oddometer: 125
Weekend of July 29th

OK. I am confirmed for the weekend of the 29th. I'm actually free from Saturday evening, through Monday. I'll probably use my Wolf Creek ride plan for this trip since I will not be able to make the Wolf Creek trip. So, I'll go up to Wilson Creek on Saturday Night and set up a base camp. Then we can meet somewhere Sunday morning. I'll be staying Sunday night too if anyone else wants to join me.

How does that sound?

Or were you guys thinking of sticking closer to Charlotte?

adverb screwed with this post 06-20-2014 at 12:54 PM
adverb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 01:17 PM   #3492
BOIKE333
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Lake Wylie SC
Oddometer: 313
29th

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCRider803 View Post
Saturday and Sunday are out for me this weekend, but don't let that stop anyone. Wednesday is doable. I have two weeks of vacation days saved up so I can do weekdays if needed. Would like to know where I can get the Husky dirty without trailering. I don't need to do anything epic, just pointed in the right direction.
Were talking about the 29th..........so lets shoot for that if it will work for you.
If your riding out of Rock Hill take Mt. Gallant, (there is a good gas line on the right and some green way trails off of Mt. Gallant) to 274 North. Take 274 up towards Lake Wylie and explore all the areas under the power lines on both roads, up around the power plant and around the water tower on Concord Rd.
BOIKE
__________________
THE HORN OF SHAME GOES
Mmmeeeeeeeep
BOIKE333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 01:19 PM   #3493
BOIKE333
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Lake Wylie SC
Oddometer: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by adverb View Post
OK. I am confirmed for the weekend of the 29th. I'm actually free from Saturday evening, through Monday. I'll probably use my Wolf Creek ride plan for this trip since I will not be able to make the Wolf Creek trip. So, I'll go up to Wilson Creek on Saturday Night and set up a base camp. Then we can meet somewhere Sunday morning. I'll be staying Sunday night too if anyone else wants to join me.

How does that sound?

Or were you guys thinking of sticking closer to Charlotte?
Thinking local CLT ride........
__________________
THE HORN OF SHAME GOES
Mmmeeeeeeeep
BOIKE333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 01:27 PM   #3494
adverb
Gnarly Adventurer
 
adverb's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Oddometer: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOIKE333 View Post
Thinking local CLT ride........
OK. I could stay in town sat night and head up to Wilsons Creek for Sunday night. Would any be up for joining me for Sunday Night and Monday?
adverb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 04:31 PM   #3495
XCRider803
Loftin' the wheel
 
XCRider803's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Charlotte area
Oddometer: 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOIKE333 View Post
Were talking about the 29th..........so lets shoot for that if it will work for you.
If your riding out of Rock Hill take Mt. Gallant, (there is a good gas line on the right and some green way trails off of Mt. Gallant) to 274 North. Take 274 up towards Lake Wylie and explore all the areas under the power lines on both roads, up around the power plant and around the water tower on Concord Rd.
BOIKE
When you leaving and what time you think you're finishing?
__________________
----------------------------
2013 Triumph Tiger 800 XC
2013 Husky TE 449
XCRider803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014