ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2014, 03:04 PM   #3916
XCRider803
Loftin' the wheel

Oddometer: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTV630 View Post
I won't be riding my DRZ that far either, so I will be trucking up. I could fit two in the truck if you don't have another ride.
Husky is ready to go. Thanks for the offer, but I found out my bike doesn't like the interstate too much though.

If we can meet up closer or someone closer to Rock Hill is trailering up that would be cool too.
XCRider803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 03:21 PM   #3917
knybanjo
kinda slow

Oddometer: 23,282
Dammit Chris!

Here's hoping you heal up fast and well!
Old 07-20-2014, 08:37 AM   #3918
eddie bolted
BOING!!!

Oddometer: 3,379
Quote:
Originally Posted by sallydog View Post
Broke my good leg after BYOB. Had to ride 600 miles back [sucked]. Doctor didn't like the way I set it and redid it this morning.
That SUCKS.

Whether I'm 12 or whether I'm 64, spend my time like there ain't gonna be no more. (MONTROSE...MAKE IT LAST)
eddie bolted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 09:16 AM   #3919
sallydog
no more Green KLR

Oddometer: 5,383
yep. sucks bad... 4th leg bone, 23rd broken bone overall. 4 more weeks on crutches
Heaven's the place where all the dogs you've ever loved come to greet you
sallydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 08:38 PM   #3920
JoeyBones OP
Encouraging Entropy

Oddometer: 1,380
Earlier today....

This wouldn't generally be noteworthy but it marks the 49th State I've ridden in, so I thought a pic would be a good idea. I rode a bicycle in Hawaii but that doesn't count, so I need to get back there some day and rent something with two wheels and an engine!

The trip is going well. The cruise down the Inside Passage was amazing, and the riding has been good since I got off the boat. Pics and stories when I get back. I'm in Twin Falls, ID now headed for parts of Wyoming and then South / East so I can hit Charlotte by the 26th.

Joe

PS: If they changed the pizza that's unacceptable and i'll find a new place! Somebody research it and let us know for sure!
One State left to ride: Hawaii. IBA #48773.
Check out my Motorcycle Courier Adventures or the Charlotte Ride Planning & 3rd Thursday Pizza-Meet

"I picked up a nice burlap thong. It makes me feel pretty." - BluRidgeRider
JoeyBones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 04:10 AM   #3921
GTV630
Adventurer

Oddometer: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by XCRider803 View Post
Husky is ready to go. Thanks for the offer, but I found out my bike doesn't like the interstate too much though.

If we can meet up closer or someone closer to Rock Hill is trailering up that would be cool too.
My normal route up there would take me down 85 through Gastonia. Going around the south side of Charlotte might not be too much longer. I don't know where the others live, but if you don't get any other offers, we'll work something out. It would save me from the boredom of driving up there by myself.
GTV630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 05:58 AM   #3922
BOIKE333
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 327
xc

Quote:
My normal route up there would take me down 85 through Gastonia. Going around the south side of Charlotte might not be too much longer. I don't know where the others live, but if you don't get any other offers, we'll work something out. It would save me from the boredom of driving up there by myself.
I would offer to ride up with me but I left last night for a vaca with the fam and I am not coming home before the ride......
Old 07-21-2014, 06:25 AM   #3923
E.R.Minman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 180
RRR Ratchet Straps

I finally got to use them Friday when I picked up my new off road beast from VStromNC. These are not only hi-vis for easy locating in my very crowded garage, but hi-quality too. Besides being the most rugged set I have ever owned, there are two features that I am stoked about. First is the integrated steel loop for securing the hook so you donít have to latch the hook directly to the bars (metal on metal, ewwww!). The only thing touching the bikes bars is the very substantial orange strap. The other feature I like, and haven't seen before is the spring closures on each end of the straps. This simple but very effective feature gives me the confidence that an open ended hook does not. As you can see in the pictures below, I carry bikes on a Versa-Haul hitch rack, which carries them sideways behind the vehicle. When coming to a stop, I have always felt that the bike is going to smash through the rear window and join me in the front seat. This is the first time I have loaded a bike on that rack and havenít had sway from acceleration or braking. I highly recommend these bad-boys!
Thanks Ilbikes!!!

http://shop.rrrtoolsolutions.com/RRR...er-TD-Pair.htm

image3 by emizzle81, on Flickr

image by emizzle81, on Flickr

image2 by emizzle81, on Flickr
Old 07-21-2014, 06:34 AM   #3924
Koolranch
NCADVR

Oddometer: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyBones View Post
Earlier today....

This wouldn't generally be noteworthy but it marks the 49th State I've ridden in, so I thought a pic would be a good idea. I rode a bicycle in Hawaii but that doesn't count, so I need to get back there some day and rent something with two wheels and an engine!

The trip is going well. The cruise down the Inside Passage was amazing, and the riding has been good since I got off the boat. Pics and stories when I get back. I'm in Twin Falls, ID now headed for parts of Wyoming and then South / East so I can hit Charlotte by the 26th.

Joe

PS: If they changed the pizza that's unacceptable and i'll find a new place! Somebody research it and let us know for sure!

Intermezzo, it's around the corner and the best pizza in Charlotte hands down. Trip sounds awesome.
Koolranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 07:50 AM   #3925
BOIKE333
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.R.Minman View Post
I finally got to use them Friday when I picked up my new off road beast from VStromNC. These are not only hi-vis for easy locating in my very crowded garage, but hi-quality too. Besides being the most rugged set I have ever owned, there are two features that I am stoked about. First is the integrated steel loop for securing the hook so you donít have to latch the hook directly to the bars (metal on metal, ewwww!). The only thing touching the bikes bars is the very substantial orange strap. The other feature I like, and haven't seen before is the spring closures on each end of the straps. This simple but very effective feature gives me the confidence that an open ended hook does not. As you can see in the pictures below, I carry bikes on a Versa-Haul hitch rack, which carries them sideways behind the vehicle. When coming to a stop, I have always felt that the bike is going to smash through the rear window and join me in the front seat. This is the first time I have loaded a bike on that rack and havenít had sway from acceleration or braking. I highly recommend these bad-boys!
Thanks Ilbikes!!!

http://shop.rrrtoolsolutions.com/RRR...er-TD-Pair.htm

image3 by emizzle81, on Flickr

image by emizzle81, on Flickr

image2 by emizzle81, on Flickr
Sick bike, is it plated? Next time I get straps that looks like a better alternative for sure.....
Old 07-21-2014, 08:16 AM   #3926
E.R.Minman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOIKE333 View Post
Sick bike, is it plated? Next time I get straps that looks like a better alternative for sure.....
It is plated, or it will be later this week when I make it to the DMV. Took it out yesterday and explored some local Charlotte trails.
Old 07-21-2014, 03:30 PM   #3927
GTV630
Adventurer

Oddometer: 77
IN LIST FOR WOLF CREEK ON THE 26th

BOIKE333
GTV630
WES DAAWWWWWG
XCRIDER
SHIFTHEAD

Ok - we know Boike is already up there. When is everyone else arriving? I suppose we better determine when and where we are meeting Sat morning. That will decide if I am driving up Sat early or Friday night.

Xc is in Rock Hill. I'm near Concord. How about Wes and Shifthead?
GTV630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 04:13 PM   #3928
adverb
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOIKE333 View Post

It is sick. I rode it for about 500 yards. That was long enough to figure out that a bike that weighs 100lb less than yours but has nearly the same power, is cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
adverb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 05:27 PM   #3929
Koolranch
NCADVR

Oddometer: 461
Is anyone up for a big bike ride this weekend?

What had in mind was a Saturday afternoon departure. Riding up 80 to Mt. Mitchell and the cutting over on the BRP to the to Wilson Creek area to camp. Sunday ride till noon and head back after a late breakfast or early lunch.
Koolranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 07:19 PM   #3930
BOIKE333
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
IN LIST FOR WOLF CREEK ON THE 26th

BOIKE333
GTV630
WES DAAWWWWWG
XCRIDER
SHIFTHEAD

Ok - we know Boike is already up there. When is everyone else arriving? I suppose we better determine when and where we are meeting Sat morning. That will decide if I am driving up Sat early or Friday night.

Xc is in Rock Hill. I'm near Concord. How about Wes and Shifthead?
I'll be at Ironhorse station which is the first building you come to when you come into town....when we get there Thursday I'll ask where would be a good place to leave a couple trucks and or trailers, the town is tiny. but let's make the official leave point at what appears to be the only gas station. As far as leave time goes I would think no later than 10 but I would like to go earlier if we can and anyone driving up from Charlotte doesn't object, let me know your thoughts.

BOIKE