ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2014, 06:50 AM   #4186
Koolranch
NCADVR

Oddometer: 458
Charlotte: Ride Planning, 3rd Thursday Pizza-Meet and General Hooliganism

Here are a few pictures I got from last night.

Koolranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 07:26 AM   #4187
sailorcolin
sailor

Oddometer: 61
Here is a few I got last night

Here are a few photos that I got last night. I think that the September meeting I should bring my camera equipment and we get a group shot after dinner?

sailorcolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 07:37 AM   #4188
XCRider803
Loftin' the wheel

Oddometer: 801
Well, I counted 20 bikes and I think we only had one pillion for a total of 21 unless someone brought a cage. Think that's still a record.
XCRider803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 02:24 PM   #4189
Ilbikes
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 127
3R Moto Stands Ready

Hey, I recognize that Wing....seems I've done over 10,000 miles of riding along side it. I've got at least 100 miles on top of that Hawk and 2,000 more along side of it too.

Guys, 6 of the 3R Moto Stands are ready for immediate shipment. 4 of the 10 that I had are sold, 2 shipped today, and 2 more are boxed waiting on some special screwdriver handles I've ordered for one of our members here. I will have 15 more, but it might be 2 weeks or more because I've got the machines busy with some CB750 Honda frame parts that I've got promised.

Just let me know - $30 plus shipping for the Hawthorne Group and you'll need to message me here or email. I'm not letting the general public in on that pricing. Thanks, Gordon/RTS

Ilbikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 06:16 PM   #4190
StarWolve
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 146
Ride tomorrow

Still planning to ride tomorrow - if anyone wants in, the route is back a page or two. Send me a PM if you want to go, and I'll check in the AM, but we're planning to leave around 0830.
IBA #41635 - 77 CB750F, 03 FLSTF, 04 XB12R, 06 DRZ400S, 07 XB12X

"Boredom is my worst enemy. It's killed a lot of my friends, but it won't get me. When I get bored, I go risk my life somewhere." - Larry Niven, Ringworld
StarWolve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 06:39 PM   #4191
JoeyBones OP
Encouraging Entropy

Oddometer: 1,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarWolve View Post
....I'm going to attempt it again Saturday. Anyone is welcome to join - we can meet at Shuffletown grill, or I can pick someone up along the way. Still planning to stick to asphalt - I might ride the sport bike if I have time to wire up the phone charger, otherwise I'll be on the Ulysses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyBones View Post
I might be up for this! Love to see ya take the Uly - but either way I may be in. Let's check the weather tomorrow. I've never been to the Shuffletown Grill but meeting there for breakfast first seems like a great idea - just off 485 and easy to get to...
Quote:
Still planning to ride tomorrow - if anyone wants in, the route is back a page or two. Send me a PM if you want to go, and I'll check in the AM, but we're planning to leave around 0830.
I sent a PM last night as well - I'm in. So you're planning to leave the Shuffletown Grill at 8:30?

I'm planning to have breakfast there beforehand. Anybody else wanna come along?

Joe
One State left to ride: Hawaii. IBA #48773.
Check out my Motorcycle Courier Adventures or the Charlotte Ride Planning & 3rd Thursday Pizza-Meet

"I picked up a nice burlap thong. It makes me feel pretty." - BluRidgeRider
JoeyBones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 04:00 AM   #4192
StarWolve
Gnarly Adventurer

We will be there at 08:30. We are going to eat beforehand, but need to stop there anyways for the "double letter" photo.

"Boredom is my worst enemy. It's killed a lot of my friends, but it won't get me. When I get bored, I go risk my life somewhere." - Larry Niven, Ringworld
Old 08-23-2014, 04:40 AM   #4193
bluecollartweeker
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Enjoyed meeting a few of the guys by happenchance in the parking lot at the tail end of Thursday's pizza meet at Hawthorne's. Riding my candy red VFR1200 I was on the way home from a visit to Audio Advice in Pineville when I decided to check out Hawthorne's (which I had remembered seeing in one of the Weekly Rides With Reuben videos). I've been riding street bikes for 21 years (got my first motorcycle in Aug. 1993 - a Honda Hurricane 600). For my entire riding career I've been afflicted with Multiple Bike Disease (MBD) ... "a disease for which there is no cure" to quote Styx.
Safe riding to all,
William
bluecollartweeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 05:05 AM   #4194
Dirty Lloyd
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 215
modern medicine

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecollartweeker View Post
Enjoyed meeting a few of the guys by happenchance in the parking lot at the tail end of Thursday's pizza meet at Hawthorne's. Riding my candy red VFR1200 I was on the way home from a visit to Audio Advice in Pineville when I decided to check out Hawthorne's (which I had remembered seeing in one of the Weekly Rides With Reuben videos). I've been riding street bikes for 21 years (got my first motorcycle in Aug. 1993 - a Honda Hurricane 600). For my entire riding career I've been afflicted with Multiple Bike Disease (MBD) ... "a disease for which there is no cure" to quote Styx.
Safe riding to all,
William
Welcome William!

Modern medicine scares me. I live in fear they will find a cure for this!

L.

It is not the destination, it is the ride!
Dirty Lloyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 11:57 AM   #4195
Bull Gear
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10

Great to meet some of you finally. Lots of eye candy in that parking lot. Looking forward to joining some rides. And thanks for the Steamer pics.
Old 08-23-2014, 03:57 PM   #4196
JoeyBones OP
Encouraging Entropy

Oddometer: 1,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by XCRider803 View Post
Well, I counted 20 bikes and I think we only had one pillion for a total of 21 unless someone brought a cage. Think that's still a record.
There was one guy in a cage, so our new high-water mark is indeed 22. I am hopeful that we can have a pretty big event in November, which will mark the FIVE YEAR ANNIVERSARY of this little get-together!

Quote:
....if anyone wants in, the route is back a page or two. Send me a PM if you want to go, and I'll check in the AM, but we're planning to leave around 0830.
Had a great ride today with StarWolve (Chris) and his dad Leon. Put about 350 miles on the GSA, getting me pretty close to the break-in service. Enjoyed the ride guys and thanks for the chance to test the lean angles on the new bike (well, until we caught up to that Pirate Parade - Starwolve you'll have to put up a video if you can...)

Quote:
Enjoyed meeting a few of the guys by happenchance in the parking lot at the tail end of Thursday's pizza meet at Hawthorne's. Riding my candy red VFR1200 I was on the way home from a visit to Audio Advice in Pineville when I decided to check out Hawthorne's
Welcome and we hope to see you next month. As for this MBD you speak of, there are few of us on here who DON'T suffer from that!
One State left to ride: Hawaii. IBA #48773.
Check out my Motorcycle Courier Adventures or the Charlotte Ride Planning & 3rd Thursday Pizza-Meet

"I picked up a nice burlap thong. It makes me feel pretty." - BluRidgeRider
JoeyBones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 04:50 PM   #4197
herrserj
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Found this on drriders and was curious if anyone was going.

Looks like no tent camping on site but its just a few minutes from Old NC 105.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
herrserj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 04:56 PM   #4198
Koolranch
NCADVR

Oddometer: 458
Quote:
Safe riding to all,
William

Glad to see you signed up welcome.

Steve
Koolranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 07:51 PM   #4199
StarWolve
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyBones View Post
Had a great ride today with StarWolve (Chris) and his dad Leon. Put about 350 miles on the GSA, getting me pretty close to the break-in service. Enjoyed the ride guys and thanks for the chance to test the lean angles on the new bike (well, until we caught up to that Pirate Parade - Starwolve you'll have to put up a video if you can...)

It was a fun ride. I added 13 points to my Grand Tour total, and we didn't get wet.

I did capture the pirate parade on video - including a bike totally blowing a corner. They would have gone head on if there was a car in the oncoming lane. I'll see if I can get it posted tomorrow. I may have to edit out some expletives from having to follow them at 10-15 mph under the speed limit...

Old 08-26-2014, 10:33 AM   #4200
sailorcolin
sailor

Oddometer: 61
Metal Supply

Anyone know of a metal supplier in the Charlotte \ rock hill area? I'm going to be fabricating some crabs for my tiger and Lowes and Home Depot doesn't carry heavy enough gauge steel.

sailorcolin screwed with this post 08-26-2014 at 11:22 AM
sailorcolin is offline   Reply With Quote