ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2012, 08:35 PM   #1066
JoeyBones OP
Encouraging Entropy

Oddometer: 1,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesdawg View Post
Can anyone ride Saturday?
The next two Saturdays are out for me.

On another note, I did order a set of Dunlop D606's for the DR. Those stock Trailwings just weren't gettin' it done trying to follow Boike33 around back in the woods. They won't be in yet for this weekend but by late November I should be all set.
Proud to have ridden all 50 US States. IBA #48773.
Check out my Motorcycle Courier Adventures or the Charlotte Ride Planning & 3rd Thursday Pizza-Meet

"I picked up a nice burlap thong. It makes me feel pretty." - BluRidgeRider
JoeyBones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:06 AM   #1067
JoeyBones OP
Encouraging Entropy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOIKE333 View Post
If anyone is up for it, I may try and get out early Sunday morning and do some exploring around the SC/NC border, mainly power lines etc. ..... Planning on a 9am stands up, done by 12ish.
I'm moving my status on this from "maybe" to "probably".

Where will we meet?

>>edit<< Status is now "Yeah, I'm in"
Check out my Motorcycle Courier Adventures or the Charlotte Ride Planning & 3rd Thursday Pizza-Meet

JoeyBones screwed with this post 11-02-2012 at 07:35 PM
Old 11-02-2012, 03:38 PM   #1068
pieeye
Go Far...Get Lost

Oddometer: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyBones View Post
I'm moving my status on this from "maybe" to "probably".

Where will we meet?
Upgrade my status as well. I'm now listed as " pretty darn good chance as long as it ain't raining".

We gonna meet somewhere for breakfast?

Btw-don't forget the clocks change Saturday night.
pieeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:01 PM   #1069
JMforPres
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 352
Quote:
SORRY-11-4

If anyone is up for it, I may try and get out early Sunday morning and do some exploring around the SC/NC border, mainly power lines etc. These will be areas I have never ridden before but the gates are open on a couple, and others may have a sign up, but the open gate says come on in. Let me know if your intersted-it should be interesting. Planning on a 9am stands up, done by 12ish.
I'm in, where do we meet?
77 R100RS
JMforPres is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:46 PM   #1070
BOIKE333
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 346
Sweet

OK let's do this. Is everyone ok with dunkin donuts in tega cay on 160? There are a few spots down by 77 I would like to check and see if we can ride, if not I have a new entry to my work trails I would like to explore. Then we could do the usual trails followed by jaunt to the back side of The Gas House for a few more trails that might be rideable. Let me know thoughts........weather should be ok if we start at 9ish
BOIKE333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:21 AM   #1071
JoeyBones OP
Encouraging Entropy

Quote:
OK let's do this. Is everyone ok with dunkin donuts in tega cay on 160? There are a few spots down by 77 I would like to check and see if we can ride, if not I have a new entry to my work trails I would like to explore. Then we could do the usual trails followed by jaunt to the back side of The Gas House for a few more trails that might be rideable. Let me know thoughts........weather should be ok if we start at 9ish
Assuming this is the Dunkin' Donuts on 160 just South of Gold Hill Rd then I'm all set. Jon (JMforPres) and I will be there by 9 AM.

One note - if you're talking about riding under the Power lines that cross 160 South/East of the Dunkin' Donuts, Evan and I rode some of those once last year so I have some insight. There was one section where we got run off - the guy was talking about "Private Property" and some "Hunting Club" blah blah blah. In general the trails were not as good as what we rode last weekend, but I'm up for anything.

Some day I want to figure out how to get onto the trails along the power lines that cross I-77 between exits 83 and 82 - kinda sorta parallel to the river. This should be a link to the Google map satellite view.

And like Ken said, let's not forget about the time change!

JoeyBones screwed with this post 11-03-2012 at 05:48 AM
Old 11-03-2012, 06:12 AM   #1072
BOIKE333
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 346
Yep

Quote:
Assuming this is the Dunkin' Donuts on 160 just South of Gold Hill Rd then I'm all set. Jon (JMforPres) and I will be there by 9 AM.

One note - if you're talking about riding under the Power lines that cross 160 South/East of the Dunkin' Donuts, Evan and I rode some of those once last year so I have some insight. There was one section where we got run off - the guy was talking about "Private Property" and some "Hunting Club" blah blah blah. In general the trails were not as good as what we rode last weekend, but I'm up for anything.

Some day I want to figure out how to get onto the trails along the power lines that cross I-77 between exits 83 and 82 - kinda sorta parallel to the river. This should be a link to the Google map satellite view.

And like Ken said, let's not forget about the time change!
Joe,
The answe is yes, yes, and yes we are going to try and get down there..... Like I said, it should be interesting.
I will be there around 845 to get a bagel.
BOIKE333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:59 PM   #1073
BluRidgeRider
Long Rider

Oddometer: 654
Quote:
I moved here from Maryland myself. Where ya from and what do you ride? I have an R1200RT and a DR 650.

There's a little street-bike ride through the mountains planned for the weekend of November 10th and 11th, weather permitting, and dual-sport rides can be put together local and fairly often.

::edit:: And a couple of us are headed down to Carolina Adventure World on Saturday October 27th...
I am moving here from Southern Maryland -- specifically La Plata. I ride a 2006 Suzuki V-Strom 650 with SW-Motech gear and Givi bags.

From where in Maryland did you come?
BluRidgeRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:54 PM   #1074
JoeyBones OP
Encouraging Entropy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluRidgeRider View Post
I am moving here from Southern Maryland -- specifically La Plata. I ride a 2006 Suzuki V-Strom 650 with SW-Motech gear and Givi bags.

From where in Maryland did you come?
Moved to Charlotte from Chestertown, on Maryland's Eastern shore. Prior to Chestertown I lived in Virginia for 8 years and before THAT I lived in Severna Park, MD for 9 years. So kinda back-and-forth.

Hope to see you on the 15th, unless you have aggressive dual-sport tires and a skid plate on that Wee and want to try some power-line trails tomorrow...

Old 11-03-2012, 08:25 PM   #1075
pieeye
Go Far...Get Lost

See ya's in the AM!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 11-04-2012, 05:03 PM   #1076
pieeye
Go Far...Get Lost

Good time was had by all!

Old 11-04-2012, 05:38 PM   #1077
JoeyBones OP
Encouraging Entropy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pieeye View Post
Good time was had by all!
Thanks for the pics Ken. Next time we'll get some shots of you too!

Old 11-04-2012, 05:48 PM   #1078
BluRidgeRider
Long Rider

Oddometer: 654
Quote:
Moved to Charlotte from Chestertown, on Maryland's Eastern shore. Prior to Chestertown I lived in Virginia for 8 years and before THAT I lived in Severna Park, MD for 9 years. So kinda back-and-forth.

Hope to see you on the 15th, unless you have aggressive dual-sport tires and a skid plate on that Wee and want to try some power-line trails tomorrow...
I have Michelin Anakee 2s on the V-Strom, but do have an SW-Motech skid plate. Works good on fire roads and mild dirt, but wouldn't do good in serious dirt.

The pictures from your ride today look like you had a great ride! I spent the day riding up around Kings and Crowder's Mountains -- almost all of which was on tarmac -- riding with a buddy who was on a Kawasaki Versys. I would love to add a DR-650 to my garage so that I can do some more serious off road riding. See you on the 15th.
BluRidgeRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:49 PM   #1079
Katoom119
Mmmm....Orange Kool-aid

Oddometer: 1,811
Hmmm....that hill looks pretty steep. Might have to get my 690 down here. Even though I think I could make it on the 990 it's a heavy pig and hard to catch.

5 Cylinders vs. Moab..........My East Tennessee.........Internships may go to Hell and I will go to Alaska
Katoom119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:29 PM   #1080
wesdawg
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 168
Sunday pics

Nice pics, hate I missed.
Rode off of Johnston Rd, and Dorman Rd. yesterday. I've connected a trail from Sharon Ln
To hwy51 and yesterdays ride was the second portion. Working my way down to Lancaster via Sugarcreek /Catawba river...
Will shoot for Hawthorne pizza on Thursday...
wesdawg is offline   Reply With Quote