ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2012, 05:06 AM   #1201
JoeyBones OP
Encouraging Entropy

Oddometer: 1,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katoom119 View Post
And yes, a cheat sheet sure would help me out.
I've decided that the way to do this is via a list that's shared in PM's or hosted somewhere with a password, rather than putting it in the thread. I'll get started on it this week...
One State left to ride: Hawaii. IBA #48773.
Check out my Motorcycle Courier Adventures or the Charlotte Ride Planning & 3rd Thursday Pizza-Meet

"I picked up a nice burlap thong. It makes me feel pretty." - BluRidgeRider
JoeyBones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:42 AM   #1202
Mongle
Knuckle dragger

Oddometer: 2,274
Looks like you guys had a great time! Hate I missed it!

I made it as far as Mountain Island lake on 16 and had to stop and go back. I screwed up my back earlier in the week...thought I could ride...found out I couldn't! LOL. Every little bump shot pain up my back.

I had to go home, take meds and pout. Wife said I looked like someone kicked my puppy.
Mongle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:22 PM   #1203
augiedog
augie dog

Oddometer: 702
street ride

Glad eveyone enjoyed the ride sat. I might try and get up another one sometime toward the end of jan. we'll talk about it at the eat and meet thursday at hawthornes. Hope to see everyone there. Thanks to everyone who showed up saturday.
augiedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:32 PM   #1204
Paratrout
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 170
Wish I could have made it on Saturday, unfortunately the wife reminded me that her family was having its annual Christmas party in Lumberton. oh well I'll see you guys on Thursday.

2008 KLR 650

Paratrout screwed with this post 12-19-2012 at 10:56 AM Reason: typo
Paratrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:09 AM   #1205
BluRidgeRider
Long Rider

Oddometer: 462
December 15th Street Bike Ride

It's hard to distill a full day of riding down into a little over 4 minutes of video, but here's my attempt. It is rendered in HD, so be sure to select 1080p when you watch it. Hope that you enjoy the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FP_s7...ature=youtu.be

Numa

BluRidgeRider screwed with this post 01-25-2013 at 03:05 PM
BluRidgeRider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:09 AM   #1206
dirtysouthjacket
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyBones View Post
I've decided that the way to do this is via a list that's shared in PM's or hosted somewhere with a password, rather than putting it in the thread. I'll get started on it this week...
My suggestion would be a Google Docs Spreadsheet. Used that many time for planning events, bachelor parties, etc that you don't want to make public.

And one of these days, me and Bandy will be back up for a dinner. This week is my GFs bday, so unfortunately it won't be this month.

2011 F800GS Alpine White, 1998 KDX 200, 2000 KL250G Super Sherpa
DSJ's Shenanigans
dirtysouthjacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:18 AM   #1207
knybanjo
kinda slow

Oddometer: 22,952
With the world ending on Friday and all....I'm trying to pull a few strings and see if I can get there this Thursday.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:56 PM   #1208
JoeyBones OP
Encouraging Entropy

Oddometer: 1,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by knybanjo View Post
With the world ending on Friday and all....I'm trying to pull a few strings and see if I can get there this Thursday.
Be great to see you bud! Been a long time...
One State left to ride: Hawaii. IBA #48773.
Check out my Motorcycle Courier Adventures or the Charlotte Ride Planning & 3rd Thursday Pizza-Meet

"I picked up a nice burlap thong. It makes me feel pretty." - BluRidgeRider
JoeyBones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:17 AM   #1209
NitroRoo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluRidgeRider View Post
It's hard to distill a full day of riding down into a little over 4 minutes of video, but here's my attempt. It is rendered in HD, so be sure to select 1080p when you watch it. Hope that you enjoy the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FP_s7...ature=youtu.be

Numa
I know how time consuming this is, great job! Timed some transitions with the song and everything

I really wish I could have made this ride - can't wait to get the ZRX back on the road (needs transmission work). Looks like you guys hit some roads that I've never been on. What was the historic looking place with confederate flags hanging?
Old 12-19-2012, 07:00 AM   #1210
NitroRoo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 352
Does anyone in here run Michelin Anakees on their bike? If you do, or have in the past, or are interested in that type of tire, shoot me a PM with what kind of bike you have...
Old 12-19-2012, 07:07 AM   #1211
Katoom119
Mmmm....Orange Kool-aid

Oddometer: 1,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroRoo View Post
Does anyone in here run Michelin Anakees on their bike? If you do, or have in the past, or are interested in that type of tire, shoot me a PM with what kind of bike you have...
I do and love them.

5 Cylinders vs. Moab..........My East Tennessee.........Internships may go to Hell and I will go to Alaska
Katoom119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:23 AM   #1212
BluRidgeRider
Long Rider

Quote:
I tried the original Anakee tires and liked their feel, but they didn't last particularly well. I now use the Anakee2 tires which are dual rubber compound tires. They last a long time, but still have a great feel (in my opinion). Got 14,000 miles out of my last rear Anakee2 and it still had a little life in it when I replaced it. (I'm a bit conservative on changing out tires.)

Numa
Old 12-19-2012, 09:25 AM   #1213
BluRidgeRider
Long Rider

Quote:
I know how time consuming this is, great job! Timed some transitions with the song and everything

I really wish I could have made this ride - can't wait to get the ZRX back on the road (needs transmission work). Looks like you guys hit some roads that I've never been on. What was the historic looking place with confederate flags hanging?
The location where the flags were hanging was at Burnt Mill Campground. Augie can tell you where that is located. We made so many turns, I wasn't sure where we were most of the day.

Numa
Old 12-19-2012, 09:40 AM   #1214
adventurecycle
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 305
Quote:
I have one in the rear and it seems to wear well, I still am a Tourance fan usually getting over 12,000 on the rear and over 16,000 on the front.

2002 BMW R1150GS
adventurecycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:44 AM   #1215
augiedog
augie dog

Oddometer: 702
confiderate flag location

It is an old campground and and swimming hole that was used as an iron butt bonus location several times back in the late 80s and again in late 90s. It is pretty famous throu-out the rally community. It is located on burnt mill road in upstate sc bout 5miles southeast of Kings Mt. National Park.
augiedog is offline   Reply With Quote