Dick
richard weed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 06:53 PM   #182
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

Oddometer: 659
sizing

Hello again,

This glove chassis is unlike typcial gloves from my experience. The chassis has a great ability to stretch and conform to one's hand. A size large is initially tight for me but once broken in fits very well. You really need to work your hand into them as well as your fingers. Finger tightness, for example isn't hard to cure by "breaking them in". I actually have a method for this, PM for instructions.

I did however notice our sizing guide can be misread or a hand can be mismeasured, something we'll be changing shortly. If there's no chance of them fitting don't bother with trying to stretch them, we'll just exchange them..

Anyone that needs a sizing exchange, please send us a tracing of your hand with your return. We'll refund USPS First Class shipments with provided shipping receipt and turn them around for free..

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
velocitygear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 07:19 PM   #183
Miles Tugeaux
Adventurer

Oddometer: 74
I guess I'm abnormal. Mine are too big. PM sent.

The gloves themselves, though, look like they're built for combat. Very substantial. Compared to these my favorite deerskin gloves feel woefully inadequate.

Nice gloves.

MT

Miles Tugeaux screwed with this post 04-11-2011 at 07:52 PM
Miles Tugeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 07:33 PM   #184
road_apple
Hit the Trail

Oddometer: 140
sizing (tightness)

Just got my E Pros tonight. I got worried when I first put them on they were tight! I followed the sizing chart and it said Medium. I've worn them about an hour and they are now starting to relax and conform much better. Heck I'm typing 60 wpm right now no problem! Hey, they're leather. I will stick with what I got I feel confident I don't need to return. By the way, great glove great price without a doubt. I will show and tell whenever I get the chance, Thanks!
road_apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 07:44 PM   #185
technoracer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Im jealous of all you! Waiting patiently for my formulas to arrive...
technoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 07:48 PM   #186
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 7,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by road_apple View Post
Just got my E Pros tonight. I got worried when I first put them on they were tight! I followed the sizing chart and it said Medium. I've worn them about an hour and they are now starting to relax and conform much better. Heck I'm typing 60 wpm right now no problem! Hey, they're leather. I will stick with what I got I feel confident I don't need to return. By the way, great glove great price without a doubt. I will show and tell whenever I get the chance, Thanks!
Mine are med. as well per the sizing chart. Length is perfect, but the fingers are extremely tight.

John a) will the length on the Large be way too big on me? b)is the tightness something that will relax? I had a pair of gloves once upon a time that fit the same, and they never loosened up so I'm a little concerned.
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 11:30 AM   #187
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

sizing

The fingers will relax but in your case let's do an exchange. We can get past "tight", "extremely tight" requires a size change in my opinion..

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
Old 04-12-2011, 11:45 AM   #188
Spoke
semi-feral teen

Oddometer: 780
Just got mine and the quality looks fantastic. Though I need a larger size. Way too tight and short in the palm. pm on way.

It entered my blood in 1970 on a Honda QA50
Spoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 04:15 PM   #189
Miles Tugeaux
Adventurer

Oddometer: 74
John,

I sent a PM regarding sizing a few days ago. I just wanted to let you know in case you missed it.

Thanks.
Miles Tugeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 04:33 PM   #190
Droptarotter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,195
John;
Sent you a pm regarding my glove order.

Cheers
Old 04-16-2011, 03:26 PM   #191
Ben Muck
n00b

Oddometer: 1
I sent a message a week and a half ago and another one 3 days ago and would really like a response since I have not heard anything about my gloves and spent money 2 months ago.
Ben Muck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 03:43 PM   #192
Ko
Observant as never

Oddometer: 1,110
Prodigy

JF, what is the latest news on the delivery of the Prodigy gloves?

thanks...

Ko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:49 AM   #193
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

Remaining gloves

Hello again,

Our remaining group buy gloves are finally on their way to us, we hope to have a customs clearance by the end of this week. While the additional delay is unacceptable, we're not in a position to dictate due to the numbers ordered on these specific gloves.

We'll be stocking these gloves as soon as we can but I'm unsure if another group buy will take place until they're actually in stock. I do not find pleasure in delaying orders due to circumstances beyond my control. I was originally told and guaranteed that I would have all of these gloves by April 1st...
Now, I'm not trying to pass the blame, I take full responsibility for the delay. I understand that my tiny orders and over the top manufacturing requests are very hard to deal with, so I can't get angry with anyone or expect more on such a limited run.

If you're part of this group buy and you simply can't take the wait, please let us know and we'll refund your order. I would rather refund orders than have upset customers..

If you've sent us an email and are awaiting a response, please forgive the delay. We're still trying to get through them...

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
Old 04-18-2011, 09:08 PM   #194
Droptarotter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,195
Hi John;
Thanks for your reply and I can still wait for my Prodigy gloves.

Cheers
Old 04-19-2011, 02:26 PM   #195
Nero
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 227
Received my (up-sized) Exhibition Pro's last night.
Like quite a few others on here I ran afoul of the sizing issue. A few quick PM's to VelocityGear and the ball was rolling. Mailed him my size medium gloves last Friday and resigned myself to waiting for another week to get to try these gloves out. Lo and behold, there was a package on my doorstep last night. You've got to love good customer service.
As others have posted before the fit and finish are top notch. I'm not a gear snob, but i have to give a major thumbs up to these gloves. The inner lining is comfortable, not something that I've had good luck with in previous armored gloves. The only potential issue, and this could just be my particular situation, is that the outboard Knox SPS pucks rest on the grip. I've only put about 30 miles on these gloves so far but I'm sure I'll get used to this particular quirk.
Nero is offline   Reply With Quote