User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2011, 05:49 PM   #211
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

Oddometer: 650
goal

My goal is to have them in everyones hands by this weekend, that applies to US residents only unfortunately....

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
velocitygear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 08:12 PM   #212
Ko
Observant as never

Oddometer: 1,107
Shipping

PM sent...

Ko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 04:10 PM   #213
Chikoto
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Looking forward to see what everyone thinks and the next group buy .
Chikoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 06:19 PM   #214
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

group buy- #2 ???

I wouldn't mind doing another group buy assuming there's interest out there. I'm hoping others are awaiting our premier gloves to be delivered, before they start asking for another go. Timelines unfortunately can only improve if we reach a minimum of 50 pairs per style. Otherwise, we get pushed around in production... and if we have another Customs fiasco, that will only add to the delay. I'll probably have my broker set-up to clear the next shipment to be on the safe side.. We'll see, depends on what my bill is for the last clearance....

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
Old 05-05-2011, 11:02 PM   #215
gamerfou
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
PM sent!

gamerfou screwed with this post 05-05-2011 at 11:35 PM
gamerfou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 08:10 PM   #216
Miles Tugeaux
Adventurer

Oddometer: 74
Received my Formulas

I got my Formula gloves from Velocity Gear today. I got the all tan (with black knuckle protection). They are very nice looking gloves, even though the look like something you could wear to your next jousting tournament.
"Robust" would be a good description.

I should mention this disclaimer: I'm not a long-time rider, and I only own one other brand of motorcycle-specific gloves. So...I can't compare these to offerings from all the other manufacturers. However, I've been wearing other types of gloves (work, dress, ski, handball, etc.) for many years. The Velocity Gear Formulas compare favorably with all in terms of fit and comfort.

There have been some concerns in this thread about size/fit of the Velocity Gear gloves. I wear a Medium in all my other gloves, and the Medium Formulas fit very well. There are two adjustments, a strap at the base of the wrist, and the closure of the gauntlet.

When I first put the gloves on, I was a little concerned that the knuckle protection might prove uncomfortable as it seemed that there was a seam or some fabric bunching in that area. However, that concern proved to be unfounded. I took them for a test ride this evening, a total of a little over an hour. They felt just a little awkward at first, compared to my very comfortable but less rugged deerskin gloves. However, within two miles they dropped from my conscious thought. I spent almost half of the ride in a local parking lot doing low speed work, using throttle/friction zone. There were no sensitivity issues modulating either throttle or clutch. Later, on a sparsely traveled road I did some braking and brake and escape drills. Again, no issues with feel or sensitivity.

The attraction of these gloves is, of course, the level of protection they claim to provide. I certainly hope I never have the opportunity to evaluate how they hold up in a wreck, but their appearance inspires confidence that they will hold up well.

I guess when you take a pair for a test ride and forget about them, either they're comfortable, or you have short term memory issues. In my case, probably both.

MT

P.S. Not affiliated with Velocity Gear or any of their vendors, if any.

Miles Tugeaux screwed with this post 05-07-2011 at 08:18 PM
Miles Tugeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:44 PM   #217
technoracer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
anxiously awaiting gloveage! as of this morning still nothing at the po box though...
technoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 01:42 PM   #218
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

pm

Hello Techno,

PM me your details and I'll check on your order. Most deliveries for the Formula and Prodigy gloves will come within the next couple of days..

For those that have been delivered, how about a review?

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
Old 05-09-2011, 06:35 PM   #219
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 7,033
Quote:
Originally Posted by velocitygear View Post
Hello Techno,

PM me your details and I'll check on your order. Most deliveries for the Formula and Prodigy gloves will come within the next couple of days..

For those that have been delivered, how about a review?
Prodigy arrived today. Wow. Great gloves. Outstanding build quality. My only issue is that I thought the exhibition pro would be more of a summer glove. These will serve the same purpose so one will more than likely end up for sale eventually. I'll probably keep the prodigy since they have the edge in protection.

Funny, when I bought my racer high end gloves a couple years ago I thought I was buying top protective gloves. These are a whole nother level! I love the 360 wrist strap since I have narrow wrists. Very few gloves actually tighten enough. Adjustment to spare on the prodigy!

John, how about a waterproof version?
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 06:47 PM   #220
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

gloves

Hello Jim,

Glad to hear you like them so far. Unfortunately, the most significant aspect of our gloves is unseen! We definitely need some testing comparisons....

Did you send a link to Ride Magazine?

As for the Exhibition Pro's, have you ridden with them yet?

Winter version? You know I can build them, it's just a matter of people's interest. I'm not really fond of the group buys if I can't have more accuracy with delivery time-frames, I don't want upset customers but my hands are tied with production on small orders. I would say a waterproof version would only be available on a group buy basis as I've decided to focus on one glove style and stock them as soon as possible. My gloves aren't cheap to produce and stocking them has become a priority.

Question is; which glove to stock first?

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com

velocitygear screwed with this post 05-09-2011 at 06:58 PM
Old 05-10-2011, 01:09 AM   #221
gamerfou
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
PM sent (again) :o
gamerfou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 08:09 AM   #222
technoracer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Quote:
Hello Techno,

pm sent. thanks.
technoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 02:15 PM   #223
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 7,033
Quote:

As for the Exhibition Pro's, have you ridden with them yet?

Winter version? You know I can build them, it's just a matter of people's interest. I'm not really fond of the group buys if I can't have more accuracy with delivery time-frames, I don't want upset customers but my hands are tied with production on small orders. I would say a waterproof version would only be available on a group buy basis as I've decided to focus on one glove style and stock them as soon as possible. My gloves aren't cheap to produce and stocking them has become a priority.

Question is; which glove to stock first?
I have ridden in the ex. Pros and they're great, so theyd be used.. I can tell that they won't be any cooler than the prodigy so I kinda don't need them. Still, I do like the shorter gauntlet, but I can't tighten them as well since I have narrow wrists...

First in line for waterproof ( goretex preferably)prodigy!!
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 12:14 PM   #224
Nero
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 201
Pinky bridge?

Quote:
Hello again,

We're looking at putting the bridge on all Prodigy gloves; so if you've ordered the Prodigy please let us know if that's an issue. We'll also follow up at the end of the group buy.
Finally got my Prodigy's. As with the Ex-Pros the build quality is great and they appear to be very overbuilt. In a good way.
I do have a question though. What happened to the pinky bridge? From your previous post it was my understanding that this was to be included on the Prodigy....
Nero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:12 PM   #225
Droptarotter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by nero View Post
finally got my prodigy's. As with the ex-pros the build quality is great and they appear to be very overbuilt. In a good way.
i do have a question though. What happened to the pinky bridge? From your previous post it was my understanding that this was to be included on the prodigy....

+1