User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2011, 11:46 PM   #226
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

Oddometer: 659
son of a...

It's always something..... I apologize, I didn't even notice it. I asked for it but as you can see, production didn't make it happen.

If anyone requires a refund due to this issue, please feel free to ask.

We'll be stocking the Prodigy or Formula shortly and it will feature the bridge. We can work something out then, or I've been pondering a removable bridge. Anyone want to try proto-types?

Realistically though, either option is a few months out. If it's a problem, I'd rather refund your order then string you along...

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
velocitygear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:58 AM   #227
Cromoth
Inspection due 5_31

Oddometer: 570
revu

Got 2 pair of ExhibPro, black Med. Shockingly tight at first but I'm willing to break them in & it's going OK so far. 1st suggestion is to make the index fingers pointy-er to help with things with buttons (Delorme GPS, speedometer). Index fingers have 'outside' seams & thumbs have 'inside' seams. I'm trying to train myself to use thumb 'corners' since with index outside seams I get a lot of 2 button mistakes. My next move might be to have a stick on a string.

I'm happy to move up to the protection these offer vs the dexterity I had with mountain bike gloves. In the cold I use Gerbing heated G3's & have no problems with buttons. Based on the build quality, I'd buy your winter gloves if they can plug &play with the Gerbing controller.

Sorry, no pix. I've never been able to post here. Instead I put a link to Picasa. PM me if someone wants me to do the work. I'll PM for the break-in tips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamerfou View Post
Hey, could those of you who have received their gloves write us a little review and/or send a couple of photos?
Cromoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 10:00 PM   #228
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

gloves

Thank You for the post.

It's become apparent to us that our glove endeavor needs to head to the track, that's where our gloves will really show what they're made of. We appreciate the few customers who understand the differences between normal gloves and what we're building. Street riders typically don't hit the pavement, not like the guys on the track and that "understanding" is what we're after.

I think back on it now and I'm wondering, WTF I was thinking....??

Honestly, I think it's due to ADVRider. It's this forum that helped to educate myself in regard to safety standards and where we first started with our body armor years ago. I figured the same interest would apply to motorcycle gloves but for whatever reason, it simply doesn't. Not to the average street rider anyway...

So, our FORMULA glove is what we're going to be stocking in the coming months as we try to pursue the market where our products can shine...

Dainese, Alpinestars, Joe Rocket, you name it- If you dare; SATRA UK is the venue Velocity Gear Formula gloves VS? whoever's man enough?

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com

velocitygear screwed with this post 05-12-2011 at 10:11 PM
Old 05-13-2011, 08:17 AM   #229
earthroamerxvlt
Adventurer

Oddometer: 71
Hey John

I would not be too quick to give up on the non-racing group yet. We just received the three pairs of Prodigy gloves I jordered and although I won't get to actually ride with them until tonight I can say that I am very happy with the build quality and design. The gloves are tight, but not overly so, and as with all leather gloves they will stretch a bit. I will report back as soon as I get to ride with them and then again in a few weeks when I get back from a 6,000 mile camping and fly fishing ride to Wyoming and Montana. I believe that once you start getting more feedback from the ADV Ryder members who jumped in on the first group buy, the demand will start kicking in. You have got what, so far, seems to be an outstanding product, so why limit it to any group. Give time for the word of mouth marketing to start working and see where it takes you.

Whatever the outcome I would like to thank you for the substantial effort you have put forth to make this happen.

John
earthroamerxvlt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 08:23 AM   #230
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 7,091
+1 well said. John, noone knows the gloves yet. Keep doing what you do well. Sales will catch up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthroamerxvlt View Post
Hey John

I would not be too quick to give up on the non-racing group yet. We just received the three pairs of Prodigy gloves I jordered and although I won't get to actually ride with them until tonight I can say that I am very happy with the build quality and design. The gloves are tight, but not overly so, and as with all leather gloves they will stretch a bit. I will report back as soon as I get to ride with them and then again in a few weeks when I get back from a 6,000 mile camping and fly fishing ride to Wyoming and Montana. I believe that once you start getting more feedback from the ADV Ryder members who jumped in on the first group buy, the demand will start kicking in. You have got what, so far, seems to be an outstanding product, so why limit it to any group. Give time for the word of mouth marketing to start working and see where it takes you.

Whatever the outcome I would like to thank you for the substantial effort you have put forth to make this happen.

John
1971 Lambretta DL

levain screwed with this post 05-13-2011 at 11:03 AM
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 03:01 PM   #231
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

input

I appreciate the input, if we only had the Formula's available, would you have orderd them? Just curious...

I'd like to thank everyone who participated, your confirmation shows we're headed in the right direction.
This is currently a one man/family operation and we appreciate everyones patience and understanding. Undoubtedly, there are a few customers who may have received negative customer service and we greatly apologize for those instances. We're doing all we can, in hopes people will see that our end goal is protective apparel that goes well beyond current "Industry" standards.

Ultimately, that is what we hope to be judged by....

Any questions, comments or concerns; please feel free to post here or send us an email
support@highvelocitygear.com

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
Old 05-13-2011, 03:50 PM   #232
technoracer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
my gloves came in today! so did the rain though... maybe tomorrow i can take them for a ride and check them out on the road. so far the construction looks awesome! the fit seems i hair tight across the knuckles. these will stretch out though, right? i'll try and take some pictures tonight and post them in here.

i can't compare them to anything else really as these are the second pair of gloves i have ever bought. thanks for the gloves!

-tech
technoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 04:01 PM   #233
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by technoracer View Post
my gloves came in today! so did the rain though... maybe tomorrow i can take them for a ride and check them out on the road. so far the construction looks awesome! the fit seems i hair tight across the knuckles. these will stretch out though, right? i'll try and take some pictures tonight and post them in here.

i can't compare them to anything else really as these are the second pair of gloves i have ever bought. thanks for the gloves!

-tech
The knuckles on my exhibition Pro were tight, and kind of hurt. My Prodigy are the same. The Ex. Pro broke in and are now perfect. I expect the same of the Prodigy. Stick with it. These are great gloves.

Hey John, what is that white material on the inside? Heat resistant by any chance?
1971 Lambretta DL
Old 05-14-2011, 08:58 AM   #234
technoracer
Adventurer

here's a few pics i snapped this morning:
Old 05-14-2011, 11:37 AM   #235
technoracer
Adventurer

took a quick ride in them today. feel great, look great! compared to my joe rockets, these seem to have a tad tighter gauntlet which makes getting them over the sleeves on my jacket a bit difficult (rev'it "ignition"). that's the only "issue" ive noticed. overall i'm quite happy and impressed!

-tech
Old 05-14-2011, 12:09 PM   #236
ThunderPig
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
I got mine this week and I like them. The quality and design seem to be very good. Like others have said, hopefully we never have to "test" the quality.

Sizing is another issue. My hand measures exactly 9" (medium on the EU chart) and I sent a tracing of my hand with my order, but these are too small. Very tight across the hand and my finger tips bottom out before the glove is all the way on. My other gloves are large, so hopefully an exchange for large will fit.
ThunderPig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 03:49 PM   #237
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthroamerxvlt View Post
Hey John

John

Thank you for the reply. I haven't "given up" but being the one man army requires a singular focus. Van of Ducatipilot is who suggested the racing market and I didn't follow his advice immediately, he actually said this over a year ago.. Only after this group buy has it become more apparent who will really appreciate these gloves; aside from those who took the chance and ordered them this time..........there's just not enough education and understanding and quite frankly, the big names would prefer it that way.

I know some of my smaller competitors make up to 1000 pairs per production, companies like Dainese and Alpinestars probably double tripe or quadruple that or more. Let's say 5000 gloves is a normal order for these larger companies for an ENTIRE year (total specualtion and probably low). In order to do what I've done, each pair would have to cost an additional $10.00 to manufacture. That includes the Knox SPS....that DOES NOT include the cost of Kangaroo leather. Let's just stick to the $10.00 simply because it's easier....
In the case of Dainese, add .50 to each pair for aramid stitching- apparently they believe you can use no thread stronger than nylon as it will tear through leather.... but broken seam stitching is a good thing???

5000 x 10 = $50,000.00 JUST to pass a largely unknown or cared about European CE testing standard...

Include Kangaroo, that's another $20.00 PER PAIR!! BRTP4- there's your answer!!!

Realistically, these companies could do it for cheaper than I have posted here, simply because of their buying power and position within the Industry. Additionally, I'm pretty confident my design would work with cowhide leather as well, so Kangaroo isn't an essential component but preferred for "factory" riders....

Little rambling there.......

My question to those that bought the Prodigy, if only the Formula was available would you have purchased it??

Quote:
Quote:
Thank You Jim, that type of appreciation is what makes it all worth while. This has been a long road and it's now really just begun...

The CE testing requirements can all be achieved, in my opinion. I have the ideas to do the same for all other wearing apparel, however it's implementation is different than our glove design. I also have my eye on throwing down the lowest impact ratings for body armor, currently held by T-Pro, something I've wanted to do for awhile.

So much to do and not enough time to go around.....

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com

velocitygear screwed with this post 05-15-2011 at 04:52 PM
Old 05-15-2011, 04:44 PM   #238
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocitygear View Post

My question to those that bought the Prodigy, if only the Formula was available would you have purchased it??

Speaking for myself, from the photos on your website? No. From what we see a few posts above this? Yes. The ones on your website are just too loud, but what we see above basically look like the prodigy I have in my garage right now. I like the more subdued look, but that's just me.

Maybe, a proper break down on the differences between the two would be in order? They look very similar other than the vented knuckle and outside seams on the formula...

I'm really torn on what to do with my two pairs. I like the protection of the prodigy, but I had just gotten the Exhibition Pro broken in and they were feeling sooooo nice! I kinda don't need both. The wrist closure on the Prodigy is the best I've ever seen. If the Formula does not have that full velcro closure, that'd be a deal breaker for me.
1971 Lambretta DL

levain screwed with this post 05-15-2011 at 05:06 PM
Old 05-15-2011, 08:22 PM   #239
lhendrik
Truffle Rustler

Oddometer: 2,284
So, after all the excitement and all, can I get the group price on pair of prodigy or is an advrider 20% discount available?
Old 05-15-2011, 08:58 PM   #240
Droptarotter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,189

Yes!!

I bought the Prodigy because as per your advice, it was a little more street friendly.

I would have bought the Formula if it was the only one available...........but the Prodigy had "most" of the features that I wanted.

Unfortunately..........my Prodigy's arrived without the 2 things that were important to me........the bridged fingers and the perforations between the fingers as listed in the description.

I really like these gloves as they fit great right off the bat......so I think I will just be keeping them.....unless you have any other suggestion John?

I am definitely not complaining.....just trying to state the facts the way I see them.

Thanks again for doing this!!