MT
Miles Tugeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:41 AM   #242
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

Oddometer: 614
missing details

Another missed detail.....

Our next order is going to be for our Formula gloves in all black, with the bridge and perforations.

Anyone with the same issues, use your current gloves until we can replace them with Formula's if necessary...

I'd like to be able to bitch about it but realistically, they're doing me a favor with these small orders and over the top construction requests.

Given the known delays, etc. Anyone looking for a BLACK FORMULA GROUP BUY??????

.................................................. .................................................. ............................

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
velocitygear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:24 PM   #243
GeckoRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 443
I would be interested. Large size.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:19 PM   #244
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

Oddometer: 614
tell a friend

Thank You for the post, I appreciate your interest. Let's see how many we can drum up.

--Pass it around--

PLEASE NOTE: payment to delivery time-frame of 4-12 weeks. Not very specific but I don't want to upset any ADVRiders. Customs won't be an issue this time around, just meeting the numbers and getting them built.

I'll be using the "preferred" sewing house on this order, fit and detailing will only improve this time around.

Unfortunately, I'll need to triple our last group buy for this glove model to make the minimum production requirement. I had hoped for more glove sales after the last group buy, or at least some requests for another group buy..
There's been a few but not as many as I had hoped.

Reviews were very good across the board. A few sizing issues but that issue will disappear with the preferred sewing house.

$149.00 for a glove that is unmatched in terms of physical CE testing requirements seems like a steal to me..

What say you; ADVRiders?

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
velocitygear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 07:38 AM   #245
gamerfou
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
I'd be interested if what we talked about in PM can't be done.

I know a few people who might be interested too, but not without first seeing them or at least having my opinion about them...
gamerfou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 09:18 AM   #246
TeakRider
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Have not receive my order

Hi John:
PM you, please check my order.
TeakRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:18 AM   #247
Droptarotter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by velocitygear View Post

Our next order is going to be for our Formula gloves in all black, with the bridge and perforations.

Anyone with the same issues, use your current gloves until we can replace them with Formula's if necessary...

I'd like to be able to bitch about it but realistically, they're doing me a favor with these small orders and over the top construction requests.

.................................................. .................................................. ............................
John,

I want to be clear on this as I have not used my Prodigy's yet.

You are saying to use them until the Formula's come in...new Formula's will have the bridged fingers and perforations.......then just return the Prodigy's for an exchange?
If that is the case, then count me in to exchange mine for a size Medium, all black Formula once they arrive.

This is a very generous offer.

Keep me posted.

Cheers
Old 05-20-2011, 02:05 PM   #248
Jim Wilson
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Ordered a pair of Exhibition from the web site before learning of this discussion. GREAT looking and quality. Returned because my hand is longer than the large size. Can hardly wait to get them back!

So, I liked them so much I would like a second pair of formula or prodigy, when I know the size. However, I really can not tell the difference from the web site between prodigy and formula.
Jim Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 01:35 PM   #249
petieboy
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Quote:

I'd be in for a medium.
petieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 12:31 PM   #250
Andela
n00b

Oddometer: 1
I am interested...Pm Sent
Andela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 12:52 PM   #251
Mrs. Potato Dick
DJ Supersoak

Okay count me in....

Quote:
Thank You for the post, I appreciate your interest. Let's see how many we can drum up.

--Pass it around--

PLEASE NOTE: payment to delivery time-frame of 4-12 weeks. Not very specific but I don't want to upset any ADVRiders. Customs won't be an issue this time around, just meeting the numbers and getting them built.

$149.00 for a glove that is unmatched in terms of physical CE testing requirements seems like a steal to me..

What say you; ADVRiders?
Okay count me in for an XL pair of the all black Formula gloves. I too would prefer to be able to try them on before purchase but for $149.00 I'll roll the dice. Please advise how you would like me to proceed and what the expected delivery date is.....maybe too soon to tell?

PS - I'm the guy whose dillh*le buddy bent and broke the spine protector on his Juggernaut. Please let me know how long that'll take to fix. I do still have a 6-plate Juggernaut as well so it's not like I am without protection. Looking forward to getting it back for sure.

Mrs. Potato Dick screwed with this post 05-27-2011 at 01:00 PM
Mrs. Potato Dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:38 AM   #252
nectar_balen
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
I might be interested in the black Formulas, though I'm leaning towards something a little more "summer friendly" like the Exhibition Pro.

So two questions I guess:

Any suggestions on the difference in ventilation between the models and which would be most appropriate for me? We have had some pretty good New England humidity rocking here lately and these would be street duty cummuting gloves.

If your thinking something other than the Formula would be good, would you be throwing some other models in the group or would you happen to have an ADVrider discount for them?

Anyone else who has had them care to chime in on the hot weather experience?

Thanks!
nectar_balen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 10:35 PM   #253
slimey_cucumber
n00b

Oddometer: 9
I'm in. Sounds like a great deal for some fantastic gloves.
slimey_cucumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 10:06 AM   #254
Mrs. Potato Dick
DJ Supersoak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droptarotter View Post
John,

I want to be clear on this as I have not used my Prodigy's yet.

You are saying to use them until the Formula's come in...new Formula's will have the bridged fingers and perforations.......then just return the Prodigy's for an exchange?
If that is the case, then count me in to exchange mine for a size Medium, all black Formula once they arrive.

This is a very generous offer.

Keep me posted.

Cheers
FYI - I have seeen this before with Velocity Gear. I ordered a Juggernaut with a 7-plate spine protector and they only had a 6-plate in stock. They sent me the 6-plate and then just told me to keep it when the 7-plate arrived. Classy.
Mrs. Potato Dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 12:23 AM   #255
Elder_MMHS
n00b

Oddometer: 1
I finally received my pair of Prodigy gloves a couple weeks ago. I'm a new rider with only three months riding experience and I prefer to over-invest in hand protection due to my occupation (I sit in front of a computer all day long). For reference, I rotate through two other pairs of gloves (A* GP Plus, and one of their cold weather/waterproof Drystar gloves) in addition to this.

The overall fit of the glove is terrific - I have a small hand and the XS glove fit perfectly. The double velcro closures were all high-quality and had terrific adjustment. The gauntlet overlaps my leather jacket sleeves smoothly. This is the best fitting glove I have tried on (which numbers at about a dozen due to my small hand sizing).

The feel, however, is a mixed bag. The glove liner (keprotec?) comes off as initially harsh/rough and didn't feel good until I got a few hundred km of riding on the gloves. It now feels comfortable.

On the Prodigy, the finger stitching is on the interior. When I initially ordered the gloves in February, I knew nothing of the value of exterior stitching. After now having my two A* gloves with this feature, I understand much more clearly. Feeling the seams on the fingertips, while not a show-stopper, is an added minor detraction from the overall feel.

The worst part was the hard knuckle protector base which dug into the top of my hands while clenching a fist form. It seems there is some foam padding underneath the floating knuckle but insufficient coverage to reach to the far end of the base. Maybe this has something to do with scaling the glove to an XS hand? Regardless, this proved to be very uncomfortable and initially bordered on unbearable for any ride longer than 45 minutes. I improvised by cutting a small strip of 5mm light foam packing sheet and inserting them underneath the knuckle protector. It's a bit "ghetto" but did the job and I can now wear the gloves for indefinite periods of riding.

The build quality of the glove is good - the fibres on some of the stitching are fraying slightly but I'm not too worried about it at the moment. The other safety features (scaphoid protectors, gauntlet/wrist protector, etc.) are well-integrated and appropriately beefy. The extra layer on the inner palms are holding up.

As for the "missing" features - the missing ventilation perforations are indeed unfortunate; I don't wear this glove during hotter days because of this. I also always though a pinky bridge would interfere with control feel. After riding with both pairs of A* GP Plus gloves (which do have the finger bridge), I realized it was pretty inconsequential and a nice safety feature. Would have been nice to see it here.

Oddly enough, many of the issues are addressed in the Formula gloves - they have external finger stitching and a finger bridge. They also have TPU knuckle protectors on the fingers and fabric to cover the wrist velcro adjuster. In hindsight and after seeing the "all black" photos posted a while back, I would have taken those over the Prodigy, especially at the same price. Like an earlier poster, I initially chose the Prodigy because it had a more subdued look (colour, mainly) that I prefer under the advisement of one of John's postings and the photos available on the Velocity Gear website.

Despite all the criticisms I may have, I do like the glove a lot and still think it's a great value, especially with the Kangaroo leather. I would switch to this when riding in the cooler spring/summer days and evenings.

Elder_MMHS is offline   Reply With Quote