Raytard

Oddometer: 1
Im in!
Raytard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:48 PM   #287
reubenRN
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 119
Order placed for Formula gloves, size Large. Looking forward to test them!
Old 06-03-2013, 05:42 PM   #288
Prior
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 397
Sent you a separate email to your support email address- the XLs I have fit, and I've worn them a few times, but the liners are killing me- they pull out when I take the gloves off, need to wrestle them back in place when I go to put the gloves back on... They fit fine other than that. Do you have any gloves less liners? And others experienced this? Do I need an even larger size (the XLs seem to fit well other than this liner issue).

Other than this, great product!
Prior is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:27 AM   #289
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

Oddometer: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prior View Post
Sent you a separate email to your support email address- the XLs I have fit, and I've worn them a few times, but the liners are killing me- they pull out when I take the gloves off, need to wrestle them back in place when I go to put the gloves back on... They fit fine other than that. Do you have any gloves less liners? And others experienced this? Do I need an even larger size (the XLs seem to fit well other than this liner issue).

Other than this, great product!

Hello,

The liner has been a question; so far though, most of those that are looking for the utmost in protetion, would rather keep the liner loose.

The reason? Attaching the liner throughout the gloves, makes the glove chassis about 30% weaker. In all actuality, we can afford that and still stay within the original En13594 testing criteria. I think in the end, the liner will end up being fully attached. The feel to me is worth the 30% reduction in overall strength; again, we can afford that given our current testing figures.

I do have a pair of gloves I can swap with you though, it's actually the same type of build that was sent to Motorcyclist Magazine, earning a 2nd place in one of their shot-outs...

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
velocitygear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:51 AM   #290
Mr. Canoehead
Taste Gunnels!

Oddometer: 1,420
Do you really need the liner? Most gloves are unlined. I also find the liner on my gloves a bit rough in texture - yeah, I have wimpy soft skin...

John, I sent you an email a while ago. When are you expecting the 2013 Exhibitions in stock? I love my Formulas but need a short cuff glove as well.

"No matter how many [internet] opinions you line up, you can't vote nonsense into truth"- Kevin Cameron
Mr. Canoehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:55 PM   #291
Prior
Gnarly Adventurer

I have mechanics/farmer hands and the liners on these can chaff and rub a bit. What's the other pair like? Liners are stiched in?
Old 06-12-2013, 05:38 PM   #292
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canoehead View Post
Do you really need the liner? Most gloves are unlined. I also find the liner on my gloves a bit rough in texture - yeah, I have wimpy soft skin...

John, I sent you an email a while ago. When are you expecting the 2013 Exhibitions in stock? I love my Formulas but need a short cuff glove as well.

Do I need the liner? Not necessarily but I'm not in a position to be able to test all of the alternatives. The current "chassis" is preferred for me due to it's simplicity. The hard part is getting it put together correctly.

What I've come to notice;

There is a market for the true En13594 capable glove. Doctors, dentists and those that rely on their hands have shown an interest in such a glove, so I will continue to offer it with a fully attached liner. I consider it the "World Beater" as I believe it is the strongest motorcycle glove made.

The secondary class glove is what I will also be offering for track enthusiasts who need a responsive glove and the liner just doesn't work in this application, at least not in FULL en13594 mode. While the glove could be built differently to lessen some of these issues, the thickness overall is the first thing track guys have an issue with.

To me, from the carnage I've seen in regard to glove failures, it would be more appropriate to build a glove using JUST the EN13594 seam burst testing protocol. A "seam burst resistant" glove for people who want a race glove or one built "normally". -----PRIOR this is what you are being sent...

For those that have followed this thread., Thank You. While it's taking a lot longer than I would have liked, the future looks good.

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
Old 06-12-2013, 05:46 PM   #293
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 6,907
Quote:
Originally Posted by velocitygear View Post
For those that have followed this thread., Thank You. While it's taking a lot longer than I would have liked, the future looks good.
Waterproof glove in the works
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:07 PM   #294
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

h20

Quote:
Originally Posted by levain View Post
Waterproof glove in the works
Persistence pays off ;)

~How about testing a prototype?

~Kangaroo or cowhide or the "CE" build- kangaroo palms and leather construction mix?

~100% black?

~size again? Use the size you "normally" wear, don't base sizing on our previous stuff...

~Price would vary depending on construction. Kangaroo/cowhide is the best performance for the lowest cost of the options..

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
Old 06-13-2013, 02:39 AM   #295
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 6,907
Love to

PM sent

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocitygear View Post
Persistence pays off ;)

~How about testing a prototype?

~Kangaroo or cowhide or the "CE" build- kangaroo palms and leather construction mix?

~100% black?

~size again? Use the size you "normally" wear, don't base sizing on our previous stuff...

~Price would vary depending on construction. Kangaroo/cowhide is the best performance for the lowest cost of the options..
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:01 AM   #296
Prior
Gnarly Adventurer

Thanks for the update on the other gloves. Looking forward to trying them out. I do understand the tradeoff between safety and convenience for sure. I commute darn near every day of the year here in NC, and typically am out on the bike 4-6 times a day for short trips, so I am ok with sacrificing some protection with the ease of getting the gloves on and off. These are solidly built, and so far my time with the pair I have has been good, other than the liners. Really hoping the new style works out, I need to find a good durable glove for everyday use (I can wear out Helds, Lee Parks, Aerostich and A Star gloves within 9 months).

Thanks for your persistence, and I'd love to be a test mule too!
Old 12-09-2013, 07:30 PM   #297
Serp
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 253
Any word on a waterproof version?

Laguna Seca MotoGP Trips-06/07/08/09/10/11/12/13. 2014 Loop Trip-Glacier/Yellowstone/GTs/Flaming Gorge/Arches/Mesa Verda/Monuments/Goosenecks/Capitol Reef/Bryce/Zion/GC/Joshua/Yosemite/Lassen/Crater Lake
Serp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:51 PM   #298
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

H20

I have a pair being made specifically for an ADVRider member. I should see that order within 2 weeks. Unfortunately, getting any more would take about 4 weeks to receive. I'm thinking about another ADVRider glove group buy but haven't made a decision..

Really, it's up to the members, the current glove quality is better than past efforts but I like to prove it, rather than just declare it. It's not my call, it's my customers who dictate..

It takes as little as 20 people to make a group buy happen, so?? What say you?

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
Old 12-10-2013, 06:00 AM   #299
Serp
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 253
H2o

I'm interested!
What model would you base a waterproof version on?
Four weeks isn't a concern but I'd imagine a realistic time frame might be February (fine with me) with the holidays coming up?
If a group buy came together, what would be an approximate price?

BTW - will you be at the Vancouver MC show in January or Seattle MC show in February?

Laguna Seca MotoGP Trips-06/07/08/09/10/11/12/13. 2014 Loop Trip-Glacier/Yellowstone/GTs/Flaming Gorge/Arches/Mesa Verda/Monuments/Goosenecks/Capitol Reef/Bryce/Zion/GC/Joshua/Yosemite/Lassen/Crater Lake
Serp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 09:12 AM   #300
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

gloves

Hello,

A H20 version would be based on the Formula in all black.

Price $149.00..

I don't go to any Industry shows, as a sole proprietor the costs outweigh the benefits.

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com