User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2011, 07:47 AM   #46
richard weed
Adventurer

Oddometer: 56
Exhibition pros

I'm in for a pair of exhibition pros. Please let me know who to send payment and sizing to. Thanks.
Dick
richard weed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:54 AM   #47
Ape76
NB

Oddometer: 168
I'm ready as well...

Ape76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 02:54 AM   #48
grox
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
So is there going to be a close date for this buy?
grox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:23 AM   #49
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

Oddometer: 617
closing date

Hello,

How's February 10-15th?

We've got enough to get the Exhibition Pro's rolling, the Prodigy and Formula gloves are going to be questionable.

We're also still awaiting Ducatipilot to put the buy up, Van of Ducatipilot is a proud member of the armed services and he's being redeployed. We're setting the buy up so he doesn't have to play middleman and there's been some delay associated with that.

The overall numbers aren't spectacular and that's the single biggest determing factor for us to be able to get orders coming. No interest = no orders.

Honestly, after seeing how ADVRider members care about safety I'm disheartened to see how few people actually care about our project.
Maybe it's because wer'e not an icon in the industry or because we lack the ability to "sell" ourselves. Whatever the case, the time and money spent trying to build gloves to beat the CE testings spec's has been ultimately wasted.

I thought a good review in a few magazines would actually equate to something worthwhile. The reviews have been great so far but it hasn't changed much in terms of sales.

Anymore, I'm just left scratching my head. For now, I'll have to attribute a large portion of these issues to the economy. Otherwise, I'm lost...

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
velocitygear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 01:33 PM   #50
Droptarotter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,133
I'm still in for a pair of the Prodigy's.

I think the main reason people might be hesitant on ordering gloves over the internet is sizing.

Even though I might get the right size for my palm, the fingers might be too long or too short. The last 2 pairs of gloves I bought have turned out not to fit to my liking. And those were the ones I tried on at the store. Go figure!!

You are offering a good buy on a good product and I am willing to take a chance that they will fit.

I hope this comes about, thanks for offering the group buy!

Cheers
Old 02-04-2011, 04:24 AM   #51
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

sizing

For those in the same boat, sending us your hand tracing would help us custom fit your gloves. Short fingers may be more of a problem but we'll be ordering more than just the purchased pairs in case of exchanges.

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
Old 02-04-2011, 06:15 AM   #52
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 6,894
Constructive criticism

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocitygear View Post
Hello,

How's February 10-15th?

We've got enough to get the Exhibition Pro's rolling, the Prodigy and Formula gloves are going to be questionable.

We're also still awaiting Ducatipilot to put the buy up, Van of Ducatipilot is a proud member of the armed services and he's being redeployed. We're setting the buy up so he doesn't have to play middleman and there's been some delay associated with that.

The overall numbers aren't spectacular and that's the single biggest determing factor for us to be able to get orders coming. No interest = no orders.

Honestly, after seeing how ADVRider members care about safety I'm disheartened to see how few people actually care about our project.
Maybe it's because wer'e not an icon in the industry or because we lack the ability to "sell" ourselves. Whatever the case, the time and money spent trying to build gloves to beat the CE testings spec's has been ultimately wasted.

I thought a good review in a few magazines would actually equate to something worthwhile. The reviews have been great so far but it hasn't changed much in terms of sales.

Anymore, I'm just left scratching my head. For now, I'll have to attribute a large portion of these issues to the economy. Otherwise, I'm lost...
I hear ya, and I have a suggestion. Your gloves are way too flashy looking. Speaking of aesthetics only, they look like they're trying too hard. I bet if you simplify the aesthetics they'd sell better. I hate to say it, but folks buy with their eyes as much as anything else. Esp. on this site, people aren't really looking for boy racer aesthetics. They want simple, durable safe gear without the flash. Read through some of the Aerostich/Motoport threads. That stuff couldn't look more utilitarian, but it's not loud (unless high viz)and garish. Lots of fans here of both products because they work and are protective. This is definitely not a dollar issue either. Your gloves are priced appropriately for what you're getting.

Maybe, if you could get them into some of the larger online dealers with presence they'd move a little better? There are a few vendors on this site that seem like your product might do well in their lineup?

I'm still in for the Exhibition Pro's!!!
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 07:11 AM   #53
wspllrll
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 107
I have wanted to order a pair of the Exhibition Pros since I saw them on Webbikeworld.
wspllrll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 08:28 AM   #54
earthroamerxvlt
Adventurer

Oddometer: 71
I am still in for either 2 or 3 pairs of the Prodigy/Formula gloves in fairly muted colors and will throw in my two cents on the slow response to your generous group offer. ADV Rider seems to be a very "word of mouth" oriented site, where inmates rely on information from other inmates who have "been there and done that" to make many of their decisions on gear. I believe that once you actually get the gloves in the hands of some of the inmates and they start leaving positive feedback you will see a steady rise in demand. A manufacturer saying his product is fantastic is somewhat of a non-statement, since no manufacturer is going to say "my product sucks, but I really need the business". Even many magazine reviews are looked at with skepticism. Make the inmates on this and other sites fans of your products, listen to their suggestions, and they will do much of the marketing for you.

Good luck and thank you for the group buy opportunity.
John
earthroamerxvlt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 08:22 PM   #55
Miles Tugeaux
Adventurer

Oddometer: 73
I'm in for a pair of the Prodigy's. Possibly a pair of Exhibition Pro as well.

MT
Miles Tugeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 03:03 AM   #56
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

gloves

That's some good info; I'm more about physical characteristics and the "build". Asthetic design is not my strongpoint.

I figured the Prodigy would fall in line with the "subdued" crowd. For the Prodigy buyers, maybe a little discussion here would help with the asthetics/color. If everyone agree's, we can change it to anything... The holes in the Prodigy allow a reflective material to show underneath. Thought that would be a good visibility trait.

So, Prodigy buyers, tell us what you want...

Exhibition Pro buyers, if there's a deviation you want, let us know...

Formula buyers- unsure if we're going to make the group buy. Need a color change? Design change? We can do it....just get me 10 minimum. If you can live without Kangaroo, we don't need quite the numbers.

Quote:
Maybe, if you could get them into some of the larger online dealers with presence they'd move a little better? There are a few vendors on this site that seem like your product might do well in their lineup?

I have a rep in Southern Cali who has been to more Dealers than he can count. The biggest problem with any Dealer is their one track mind; sales! If a customer isn't looking for it, they don't want it. Regardless if it's a truly superior product. All of the Dealers loved our gloves or so they said but none of the Dealers our rep visited took the initiative to try to stock them.
Dealerships simply have no desire to educate and inform their customers of their options. The best marketing strategy and Iconic logos are what people look for... until they realize that "inferior" can be attached to any logo..

What I'd really like to see is another RIDE magazine glove review. I missed the opportunity (unknowingly) to send my gloves in for their glove review in late 09'. I had just completed testing when I found out about that comparison testing/review.

I think our gloves would destroy all others, it's unfortunate, that RIDE review did not post any actual testing data, just a 1-10 scale... Personally, I think that was done to hide the reality, that most gloves aren't up to the task. At least when compared to the CE testing requirments/numbers.

When I was destroying gloves to find a way to pass the main physical testing requirments, I developed a simple yet effective bladder that could be inserted into our gloves to test seam integrity. The beauty is that my bladder tests every single seam not just the main palm seam.
Sorry for going on, it's been a project that's taken years and I unfortunately didn't focus on what apparently matters most, MARKETING! I'm just not very fond of the tongue and cheek. I would prefer to prove I have a better product based on the product itself not the marketing scheme behind it.

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com

velocitygear screwed with this post 02-05-2011 at 03:09 AM
Old 02-05-2011, 04:43 AM   #57
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocitygear View Post
That's some good info; I'm more about physical characteristics and the "build". Asthetic design is not my strongpoint.

I figured the Prodigy would fall in line with the "subdued" crowd. For the Prodigy buyers, maybe a little discussion here would help with the asthetics/color. If everyone agree's, we can change it to anything... The holes in the Prodigy allow a reflective material to show underneath. Thought that would be a good visibility trait.

So, Prodigy buyers, tell us what you want...

Exhibition Pro buyers, if there's a deviation you want, let us know...

Formula buyers- unsure if we're going to make the group buy. Need a color change? Design change? We can do it....just get me 10 minimum. If you can live without Kangaroo, we don't need quite the numbers.

I have a rep in Southern Cali who has been to more Dealers than he can count. The biggest problem with any Dealer is their one track mind; sales! If a customer isn't looking for it, they don't want it. Regardless if it's a truly superior product. All of the Dealers loved our gloves or so they said but none of the Dealers our rep visited took the initiative to try to stock them.
Dealerships simply have no desire to educate and inform their customers of their options. The best marketing strategy and Iconic logos are what people look for... until they realize that "inferior" can be attached to any logo..

What I'd really like to see is another RIDE magazine glove review. I missed the opportunity (unknowingly) to send my gloves in for their glove review in late 09'. I had just completed testing when I found out about that comparison testing/review.

I think our gloves would destroy all others, it's unfortunate, that RIDE review did not post any actual testing data, just a 1-10 scale... Personally, I think that was done to hide the reality, that most gloves aren't up to the task. At least when compared to the CE testing requirments/numbers.

When I was destroying gloves to find a way to pass the main physical testing requirments, I developed a simple yet effective bladder that could be inserted into our gloves to test seam integrity. The beauty is that my bladder tests every single seam not just the main palm seam.
Sorry for going on, it's been a project that's taken years and I unfortunately didn't focus on what apparently matters most, MARKETING! I'm just not very fond of the tongue and cheek. I would prefer to prove I have a better product based on the product itself not the marketing scheme behind it.
Passion for your product is clear. This site has a way of making people spend money A previous poster nailed it. Get some of your gloves into our hands, and if they're as good as you say, they'll sell themselves. I think even you'll be surprised. I'd be interested in hearing how much Motoport's business has grown thanks to the big Gringo thread alone. That thread is referenced all over the web since it's the best long term Motoport thread/review available. Your gloves could take off in a similar fashion.

Funny you mention Ride. I was actually thinking you might want to consider putting a pair in the mail to Ride headquarters. Good thinking.
1971 Lambretta DL
Old 02-05-2011, 04:47 AM   #58
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Keprotec stitching?

I'm curious what your thoughts are from some glove manufacturers that Kevlar will cut through leather?
1971 Lambretta DL
Old 02-05-2011, 05:38 AM   #59
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

excuses

Hello and Thank You for the posts. I'm all to happy to see at least a little interest.

Anyone have a contact at RIDE magazine??? Anything helps for us to be taken seriously..

Kevlar and leather. Honestly, I love that excuse. It's one of the reasons I'm able to even TRY to build a product better than the Industry leaders.

BOTTOM line- your glove is only as strong as it's weakest link. So; you use a stronger thread (not NYLON-Dainese) and it tears the leather. So, then the argument is that a softer more forgiving thread is the answer, right?

Sorry! That's an excuse to cut costs and not address the next weakest link. If it's my hands, you can guarantee I'll walk the earth to find a solution, excuses are just that!

When I tested and destroyed my first 50 pairs with our bladder, the kevlar/leather argument became evident. Question is, why stop there? I wasn't about to...solutions are only as hard to find as the effort you put forth.

I know why the "Industry" doesn't build them like we do. It's the cost. When you manufacture thousands of anything, costs add up QUICKLY!
$.25 to $.50 might seem like chump change but multiply that x every pair of gloves that Daiese makes in a year. Those are gigantic numbers. Our gloves cost us significantly more than the "Industry's" typical glove.

We want to be known for products that "real" riders wear, not because of a logo but because of proven performance and reliability.

We want our products to do the talking, not a magazine ad..

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
Old 02-05-2011, 05:41 AM   #60
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

Group buy link

Here's the group buy link. If you're in, follow this link to your desired pair. As for color's, WHAT SAY YOU?

Use only the product images and links to navigate, otherwise you'll be paying full price.

http://www.highvelocitygear.com/ADVR...CATIPILOT.html

SIZING:

www.highvelocitygear.com/sizing.htm USE THE EU portion of this chart

ANY questions please feel free..

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com