Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2011, 11:39 AM   #106
Spoke
semi-feral teen

Oddometer: 780
Looks as though several of us have taken a leap of faith. I say wait until we have the gloves until we pass judgment. I too like VGs willingness, which ultimately could be a bluff, to test his gloves against another. If the gloves don't stand up to my satisfaction, they should make a great tug toy for my Jack Russell. I bet she will love Kangaroo

It entered my blood in 1970 on a Honda QA50
Spoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 12:55 PM   #107
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

Oddometer: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brtp4 View Post
Man, you don't know when to quit. I really am doing my best here.

My opinion is that your products are not worth pursuing.

BP
I would appreciate it if you could get past the "small business marketing" approach and focus on what really matters. Your "not worth pursuing" comments are not only laughable but clearly biased. If my gloves had a Dainese or Alpinestars logo, your tune would be a 180. Either bring constructive, useable criticism or be done with your self proclaimed "professional" nonsense...

I have a superior product and am willing to prove it in any venue. Your willingness to simply shrug this aside shows your inexperience. You believe only what you know, I believe anything is possible!

Quote:
You seem a bit reticent in revealing Pakistan manufacturing.
When the "war on terror" was in full swing, I made a bad judgement call in trying to hide my manufactuer of origin. I was fearful mideast manufacturing would be a negative association. That was many, many years ago and I have since learned my lesson. In addition, I'd rather be in Pakistan than China..

Quote:
We get about a dozen daily inquiries from different Sialkot factories offering cheaply-made generic leathers by the bushel.
As I mentioned earlier in this thread. I've been dealing with Pakistani manufacturers since before 2001. I've sampled more garbage and paid for more $hit than I care to recall. Most of the manufacturer inquries you are getting are simply middlemen with websites who go "shopping" for you and pretend to be a manufacturer. It's a very common practice in Pakistan.

The people I deal with know what I expect and I pay for it. Otherwise, they don't get future orders.

Quote:
If so, how is quality control maintained and must you submit to periodic batch testing to keep up your EU rating?
QC is simple! I pay for the best of everything. There are no shortcuts, I put the money where it belongs, not into advertising or otherwise. I only care about the products and hope the rest will fall into place. Yes, I realize it would be a better business decision to build garbage and advertise like hell. Unfortunately, I got into this because, as a rider I needed better personal body armor protection than what was currently available. I don't do this for the money. That, would be laughable...

Our gloves are not CE certified. I submitted our gloves for the main physical testing requirements as defined within EN13594; Cut Resistance, Tear Resistance, Abrasion Resistance and Seam Burst Resistance. Unless a European Distributor wants our product I am unsure if the ceritfication will be completed. Completing the certification does not require any magic, the magic was getting passage of the physical's..

As of right now, it's up to the people. Completing the ceritifcation now is simple, we just need people to care, or understand...

hey Spoke; I can promise you, that Terrier would have a much better time with a Dainese glove or likewise ;)

Quote:
Will you continue direct-to-consumer sales and group buys once you have a number of dealers?

Do you believe we are trying to help you in a subtle way?
Dealers currently only want name brand apparel. I do not forsee Dealership sales and have already been down that road with my Rep in SoCal, it's a dead end especially in this economy.

Are you trying to help?

Brtp4 surely isn't. He's all about the jab! I think he needs to watch the WORLDS FASTEST INDIAN!!!!!!!!!!

You, not so sure...

I'll tell you this; nobody is going to tell me what my gloves can do. Especially, someone who has never seen them or doesn't have the ability to discuss each point that's been addressed in this thread. A few cheap shots, speaks volumes...

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com

velocitygear screwed with this post 02-16-2011 at 01:33 PM
velocitygear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:47 PM   #108
Trophy Mike
w/extreme prejudice

Oddometer: 796
Trophy Cycle Apparel has a number of brands that were not so well known at the time we took them on -- Held, Schuberth, Rukka, Vendramini. So don't rule out dealer sales just yet as we may very well come on board. Until then a quote from Edgar Degas to James Whistler, two celebrated painters, "You know Whistler, you act as if you had no talent."
trophycycleapparel.com - America's #1 Non-REV'IT! Dealer - Rukka Gear Discussion/FAQ
Trophy Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:57 PM   #109
Spoke
semi-feral teen

Oddometer: 780
VelocityGear said, "hey Spoke; I can promise you, that Terrier would have a much better time with a Dainese glove or likewise ;)"

You're right, the little bitch got my Joe Rockets, ate em and shit em out no problem!

It entered my blood in 1970 on a Honda QA50
Spoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 06:19 PM   #110
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trophy Mike View Post
Trophy Cycle Apparel has a number of brands that were not so well known at the time we took them on -- Held, Schuberth, Rukka, Vendramini. So don't rule out dealer sales just yet as we may very well come on board. Until then a quote from Edgar Degas to James Whistler, two celebrated painters, "You know Whistler, you act as if you had no talent."
Undoubtedly, there are Dealers that are willing to go the distance. Customers of Trophy Cycle Apparel are fortunate to have a Dealer that cares as much about motorcyclist protection as business dollars.
Unfortunately, our SoCal rep received praise for our products but the bottom line; if you're not in the customers head, your're not in our store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoke View Post
VelocityGear said, "hey Spoke; I can promise you, that Terrier would have a much better time with a Dainese glove or likewise ;)"

You're right, the little bitch got my Joe Rockets, ate em and shit em out no problem!
Gotta love that...;)

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
Old 02-16-2011, 07:03 PM   #111
nixgtpULYRAGE
Thisweek on Lifetime

Oddometer: 100
I have a pair of the metal wear gloves that i purched in 2007. I will attest to the fact that they are comfortable and very long lasting. But I bought them new for significantly less. $55. Its the same glove at this site

http://www.shopracersupply.com/Appar...orLanding/true

Just thought you should know. If you talk to Shane Stoyko dont tell I sent ya ... he will probably charge you more. .
nixgtpULYRAGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 07:43 PM   #112
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

metalwear

Metalwear; I only carry these because some people absolutely love them. Some people try to discredit our gloves simply because we offer these. As usual, they do not look beyond the cosmetics.

I've had many Icon buyers purchase our Metalwear gloves and they love them. Customers who bought Icons and ours, will never buy Icon's again.They feature the same "chassis" as our other gloves and will perform as well. However, the Metalwear glove will never be a CE acceptable product due to the metal.

All of the products I buy or build originally started somewhere else. That means all of our products will share parts or pieces of other products. I don't need to spend thousands of dollars on new molds when there are already so many available.

In this Industry though, "new bling" is what drives sales, not protection factors...

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com

velocitygear screwed with this post 02-17-2011 at 02:24 PM
Old 02-17-2011, 11:31 PM   #113
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

more damage

WARNING; carnage to follow

I was contacted by yet another damaged individual. This time wearing Aplinestars SP-1s, not a pinky blow-out but a thumb.
Mind you, I wear Alpinestars boots and love them. Unfortunately, I won't be glamorized by any manufacturer. If it's a problem, it should be addressed.

Now for BRTP; This is why a baseline safety standard should be pursued. Pretending that there is no possible way to either prevent or minimize this kind of damage is unreasonable.

The assumption that the "million" dollar racing programs are more than adequate to produce the required safety apparel is totally legitimate. I don't disagree. The question is, why wouldn't these manufacturers pursue passage of CE testing requirements to prove that they are on the cutting edge? Isn't R&D supposed to challenge and further your products. I have yet, in many years, heard a legitimate reason for manufacturers not conforming to these standards.

If I can pass the CE requirements then you can sure as hell bet the mainstreamers can as well. So, what's the real reason these companies don't pursue CE testing? and yes, BRTP I'm looking for your "professional" response, not a side-step/jab combination...if you're man enough ;)

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com

velocitygear screwed with this post 02-18-2011 at 04:50 PM
Old 02-18-2011, 12:18 PM   #114
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

RiDE Magazine

I'm usually pretty good with the Google searches but RiDE magazine's website has been difficult to find. I was able to locate their glove review in PDF but nothing else.

Looking to be in the next glove review. I'd also like to see if they'll release the "actual" testing data from their glove review. Pretty sure there's a specific reason the REAL numbers weren't included in the article but it's worth a shot...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Found via FACEBOOK:

Hello,

My name is John Franklin and I am the owner of a small US based motorcycle apparel business. We have recently completed CE testing against EN13594 and are looking to be included in your next glove review. We believe we have a product that will beat all others in regard to these testings requirements.

We currently have an open challenge to any other glove Manufactuer on the planet, to see who in fact makes the most durable, race glove's in the World. That's a big statement from an unknown Manufacturer but we believe based on our testing results, that we can't be beat.

Please let us know when your next CE testing review is going to happen, we would love to participate.

As a side note; in your last glove review the magazine did not post any "actual" data numbers from the Ce tests. It simply showed a 1-10 scale. I believe I know why ;) , any chance those numbers are available to the public?

Thank You in advance
Sincerely,
JF
John Franklin
www.highvelocitygear.com

Anyone willing to shoot them an email to help us pursue this cause, we'd appreciate it greatly....

ride@ride.co.uk

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com

velocitygear screwed with this post 02-18-2011 at 07:19 PM
Old 02-20-2011, 02:08 PM   #115
Droptarotter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,194
Payment sent for a pair of Prodigy's.

Thanks
Old 02-20-2011, 06:21 PM   #116
Tiggleswerth
Jansport

Oddometer: 236
Payment sent for Exhibition pros!

Slow down for the pavement, speed up for the dirt...

Tiggleswerth screwed with this post 02-20-2011 at 08:33 PM
Tiggleswerth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 07:48 PM   #117
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

Thank You

Thank You ADVRider members for going the distance with our group buy. I realize some may be skeptical about our gloves, however I can guarantee that you won't find a glove in today's market that is built like ours.

We would appreciate all members of this group buy to come back and post on ADVRider and let us know what you think.

A few things:

We're going to be using Knox's newest palm sliders, so you'll notice that they share a lower profile than what's on our website. Also, the Prodigy will feature a new wrist element, that differs slightly from what's on our website. No big deal and surely not a deal breaker. Just wanted to make sure you know all of the details.

It's going to take a few days to get the order in, so I'd say anyone reading this has until Wednesday Feb 23rd to get an order in. After that, there will be a normal wait.

Exhibition Pro gloves will now be in stock, once this group buy is received. Everything else will take 4 weeks to produce as normal. We're working on color options for the Prodigy and Formula since the current coloring isn't cutting it. If you've got a suggestion here, please let us know. Once we get a good color combination, we'll try to stock them as well.

If there are any questions please feel free to ask and again, THANK YOU ADVRider members for believing that anything is possible!

Sincerely,
JF
John Franklin

www.highvelocitygear.com

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com

velocitygear screwed with this post 02-20-2011 at 08:15 PM
Old 02-21-2011, 05:45 AM   #118
Ko
Observant as never

Oddometer: 1,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by velocitygear View Post
We're going to be using Knox's newest palm sliders, so you'll notice that they share a lower profile than what's on our website.
That's good for those using a Cramp Buster or similar...

Quote:
Also, the Prodigy will feature a new wrist element, that differs slightly from what's on our website. No big deal and surely not a deal breaker. Just wanted to make sure you know all of the details.
Thanks for mentioning the changes to the wrist prior to receiving the gloves. However, pictures worth a thousand words, probably even more in this case- i.e., more details would be welcomed

Ko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 06:08 AM   #119
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

your wish, is my command...

This is a right handed element...

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
Old 02-21-2011, 07:20 PM   #120
Tiggleswerth
Jansport

Oddometer: 236
Quote:

Exhibition Pro gloves will now be in stock, once this group buy is received.
Does this mean the Exhibition Pro gloves will ship soon?

Slow down for the pavement, speed up for the dirt...
Tiggleswerth is offline   Reply With Quote