ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2011, 10:38 PM   #1681
Remarksman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud Al View Post
Last time I went by the store it was closed and didn't look like it was going to open anytime soon.
Thanks for that info.
The Beta seems to have sprung a leak at the countershaft seal, so not sure exactly what I'll be doing tomorrow.
Remarksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 11:01 PM   #1682
Loud Al

Oddometer: 3,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remarksman View Post
The Beta seems to have sprung a leak at the countershaft seal, so not sure exactly what I'll be doing tomorrow.

Bummer

Allan
Loud Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 11:09 PM   #1683
crazybrit
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remarksman View Post
Thanks for that info.
Ride it if the leak isn't too bad. New seal is an easy fix. Common problem. Check your chain tension.
crazybrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 07:12 AM   #1684
A74R1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 179
Quote:
A74R1

How about meeting up at the Shell at the intersection of Hwy 6 and Hwy 8 at 10 AM, I have a mostly bald knobby so we will be pretty even in the tire dept. Remarksman I think we will be taking it easy mostly road and maybe some easy trails.
There's a 90% chance I'll be able to make it out there today. Still have a little bit of yard work to do to get it ready for the good weather, but that can wait till after the ride. Might only be able to be out for 3-4 hours today though
A74R1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 07:23 AM   #1685
Loud Al

Oddometer: 3,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by A74R1 View Post
There's a 90% chance I'll be able to make it out there today. Still have a little bit of yard work to do to get it ready for the good weather, but that can wait till after the ride. Might only be able to be out for 3-4 hours today though
I'm going to bail, I think I'm going to go for an all day pavement ride.

Allan
Loud Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 07:51 AM   #1686
A74R1
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
I'm going to bail, I think I'm going to go for an all day pavement ride.
no worries.. have a good time! I think I still might go out and hit up some of the trails/powerline roads up near North Plains towards Scappoose. Can't wait for my B-day next week when I finally get a 60csx GPS, that will make exploring on my own soo much easier. Have a good one Al!
Old 05-02-2011, 03:14 PM   #1687
asrvivor
Rabies Cure ????

Oddometer: 1,877
Trinidad

Well boys I'm going for an off road ride to tomorrow around Tobago. Sorry you aren't here to enjoy. They have dr350 for me. Funnnnnnnnnnn see ya soon

Just cause I'm wrong, don't make you right / Needtobreathe
Our OBDR Trip http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=712724
Our UTBDR Trip http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=816500
asrvivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:47 AM   #1688
A74R1
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by asrvivor View Post
Well boys I'm going for an off road ride to tomorrow around Tobago. Sorry you aren't here to enjoy. They have dr350 for me. Funnnnnnnnnnn see ya soon

Still waiting to see some pictures....

On a side note... sucks that I have to be working today, looks so nice out there. For the first time all year I saw more than just one other bike on the road (I'm an everyday commuter). Forecast for this weekend is dismal, but that doesn't stop us hardcore riders.... anyone thinking they might want to do a ride on Mother's Day? (also my B-day)
Old 05-04-2011, 02:19 PM   #1689
hackster
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
I might be up for a mostly off road ride this sunday.

Where are you thinking about heading? I am mostly setup for dirt, not too much pavement.

Sean
hackster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 02:23 PM   #1690
A74R1
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackster View Post
I might be up for a mostly off road ride this sunday.

Where are you thinking about heading? I am mostly setup for dirt, not too much pavement.

Sean
I was either thinking up near the powerlines in Scappoose, or on some trails out in the Tillamook forest (Browns camp/Jordan Creek area) . All depending on who's going/leading. I don't know the areas extremely well so it would be more of an exploring type ride with multiple dead ends and possibly a few gate skirtings. I may have a noob(ish) friend tagging along, but depending on weather he may or may not be going. I'm ready to ride for sure, although my tires are nearly slicks I may want to stay away from deep slick mud.
Old 05-04-2011, 02:42 PM   #1691
hackster
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
I am pretty familiar with Browns Camp and have ridden up at Diamond mill more than a few times.

I could show you guys around if you would like. I know there are some on here that have a lot more experience up there than I do.

Ill keep an eye on this thread to see if anyone else jumps in. I have a buddy with a 250 that may join in if its trails only since he doesnt have a plate.

Sean
hackster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 02:55 PM   #1692
A74R1
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackster View Post
I am pretty familiar with Browns Camp and have ridden up at Diamond mill more than a few times.

I could show you guys around if you would like. I know there are some on here that have a lot more experience up there than I do.

Ill keep an eye on this thread to see if anyone else jumps in. I have a buddy with a 250 that may join in if its trails only since he doesnt have a plate.

Sean

Sounds good.. I can't say I'm an expert, but I have been riding everyday for the last year and a half , and then often for the past 10 years on the street. I have only been upto the OHV a couple times, the first time I got totally lost (without a GPS). I wouldn't mind checking out some more trails up there, I also have a buddy with a 250 that may join up, but he is less skilled. Cheers!
Old 05-05-2011, 07:01 PM   #1693
Jungle Man
frenzied adventurer

Oddometer: 372
I also have a non-plated 250 that I just got running. I would like to join in on the fun. Can we start a little early cause I have a ways to drive and mothers day plans in the afternoon.
Jungle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 10:13 AM   #1694
A74R1
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Man View Post
I also have a non-plated 250 that I just got running. I would like to join in on the fun. Can we start a little early cause I have a ways to drive and mothers day plans in the afternoon.

What time you thinking?? Are you going to be hauling your bike in?
Old 05-07-2011, 12:35 PM   #1695
A74R1
Gnarly Adventurer

So if tomorrow is anything like today it shouldn't be too bad out there... few sun breaks and a seldom shower or two. I'm kindof curious to go and check out the Upper Nestucca OHV area if anyone else is interested, but still may be down for Brown's camp.