ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2011, 07:47 PM   #1711
Jungle Man
frenzied adventurer

Oddometer: 406
I'm glad your extreme will to ride motivated me to go. That was a blast .
Jungle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 09:44 PM   #1712
Loud Al

Oddometer: 3,897
It was fun and I'm really impressed how well you did Brian with that dual sport tire in the mud and muck

Allan
Loud Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 01:49 PM   #1713
Jungle Man
frenzied adventurer

Hi, just posting that on Saturday some friends and I will be riding jones creek and surrounding trails. We are meeting at 7 am at the ohv staging area. None of us will be on plated bikes (xr200, ktm250 klx250) and there may be a couple quads. My friends do not get to ride often and they have the whole day to themselves so they plan on spending the whole day, but as long as you catch us by 7; or they may be earlier, than you're more than welcome to ride with us.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:16 PM   #1714
A74R1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Man View Post
Hi, just posting that on Saturday some friends and I will be riding jones creek and surrounding trails. We are meeting at 7 am at the ohv staging area. None of us will be on plated bikes (xr200, ktm250 klx250) and there may be a couple quads. My friends do not get to ride often and they have the whole day to themselves so they plan on spending the whole day, but as long as you catch us by 7; or they may be earlier, than you're more than welcome to ride with us.
Can't stay away from riding in our area huh Jesse. I've heard Jones Creek can be just a bit more technical, but I'm sure you're up to it. I don't think I'll be able to make it, but have a good time!
A74R1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 09:48 AM   #1715
jalles
Adventurer

Oddometer: 82
Anyone interested in a ride tomorrow (Saturday the 21st)? I'm up for just about anything, Scappose West, Tillamook forest, Washugal, etc.

I have until about 2:00-3:00PM, then I have to back home.

jalles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 09:57 AM   #1716
A74R1
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalles View Post
Anyone interested in a ride tomorrow (Saturday the 21st)? I'm up for just about anything, Scappose West, Tillamook forest, Washugal, etc.

I'm probably going to be riding Scappoose West on Sunday with a buddy of mine that hasn't been offroad in quite awhile... I'll probably be up there around 10ish and only be out for maybe 3-4 hours. Perhaps we'll run into some others that might be in that area on Sunday. Cheers!
Old 05-20-2011, 01:18 PM   #1717
Jungle Man
frenzied adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalles View Post

that sounds just like what I need. Want to ride trails or explore around some logging roads and a few trails behind the honor camp on larch mtn?
Old 05-20-2011, 03:15 PM   #1718
jalles
Adventurer

Quote:
that sounds just like what I need. Want to ride trails or explore around some logging roads and a few trails behind the honor camp on larch mtn?
Sounds good to me. What do you think about meeting up at the Chevron on the east side of Washugal on Port St/2nd St and SR14? Sometime around 8:45AM maybe?

Is there a better start point?
Old 05-21-2011, 01:04 AM   #1719
Jungle Man
frenzied adventurer

Cry

That's a great meeting point but I screwed my knee up playing a non competitive game of kickball I'm gonna have to sit this 1 out. it really depresses me. Ill wake up and walk around but I had trouble putting my kickstand down tonight.
Old 05-21-2011, 07:44 AM   #1720
jalles
Adventurer

Quote:
That's a great meeting point but I screwed my knee up playing a non competitive game of kickball I'm gonna have to sit this 1 out. it really depresses me. Ill wake up and walk around but I had trouble putting my kickstand down tonight.
That's a bummer! Just think how messed up you could've got had it been a competitive game

Seriously that sucks, I hope your knee gets better.

Unless I hear something here, I am NOT going to be at the Chevron this morning.
Old 05-21-2011, 10:52 AM   #1721
Jungle Man
frenzied adventurer

I'm going to take it real easy and try to be better for hells canyon. So because adv is an addiction I decided to do a custom suspension job on my xr. It always seemed a little week but apparently they're set up best for a 140lb rider, and I added stuff so I'm really pushing it. Going from 43 kg springs in front, to 54, and something 11 in rear.

Jungle Man screwed with this post 05-25-2011 at 06:00 PM
Old 06-01-2011, 01:05 AM   #1722
DOCsprocket
Sprocket

Oddometer: 512
Trying to find my way.

I'm taking a dirt-curious friend out for a ride on Thursday barring any further biblical rain storms. He's on a TW200 and I'm probably going to take my F650gs. I've been looking for somewhere close-in to Portland and thought West Scappoose sounded like a decent spot. I've looked over google maps and can see the powerline trail as well as Dixie Mountain, Smokie Ranch, and Rabinsky Roads, but if someone would just give me a few hints about how to get to the best trailhead from NE Portland, that'd be great.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:38 AM   #1723
matloik OP
kludge

Oddometer: 1,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOCsprocket View Post
I'm taking a dirt-curious friend out for a ride on Thursday barring any further biblical rain storms. He's on a TW200 and I'm probably going to take my F650gs. I've been looking for somewhere close-in to Portland and thought West Scappoose sounded like a decent spot. I've looked over google maps and can see the powerline trail as well as Dixie Mountain, Smokie Ranch, and Rabinsky Roads, but if someone would just give me a few hints about how to get to the best trailhead from NE Portland, that'd be great.
PM sent.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:37 AM   #1724
A74R1
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOCsprocket View Post
I've looked over google maps and can see the powerline trail as well as Dixie Mountain, Smokie Ranch, and Rabinsky Roads, but if someone would just give me a few hints about how to get to the best trailhead from NE Portland, that'd be great.
Another PM Sent... Have fun!
Old 06-02-2011, 11:29 AM   #1725
asrvivor
Rabies Cure ????

Oddometer: 1,877
Sunday if anyone is around

Well, S1Marks and I are planning a day trip Sunday. Weather is perfect so if anyone is not doing the blackdog please join in. I'll post details if I see some interest... John

Just cause I'm wrong, don't make you right / Needtobreathe
Our OBDR Trip http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=712724
Our UTBDR Trip http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=816500
asrvivor is offline   Reply With Quote