Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2009, 08:38 AM   #31
BiggieFalls
b00b

Oddometer: 949
Quote:
Originally Posted by xymotic

This report's not over yet. I'm still in Yuma, and kind of distressed. I'm bummed about my bike and I'm obviously really bummed about my dog. I have NO money in my bank account but I do have camping gear, time and a gas card. I may go to the Grand Canyon, which I've never seen, or I may go to Mexico. Or I may just head off into the desert and see where I wind up. I'll try to update from the road with my iPhone, I'll know where I'm going when I get there.
Aaron,

We all love reading about you crashing and getting stuck and all the other crazy shit that happens to you. You certainly haven't let us down in this report. Your writing is always clever and your pictures great and abundant, not to mention the additional visual aids and links you supply.

So why do you want to go and fuck that up for us? If something were to happen to you in Mexico or the Grand Canyon or wherever, we might have to go back to reading boring, uneventful ride reports again.

You need to be in the right state of mind to ride a bike, dirt or street. I'm guessing you're not. You need to be able to give it all of your attention. You probably can't. This is especially important when you ride alone. You know that.

Do everyone a favor and just find a long, really interesting way back home. Don't continue on into areas where your support system is no longer available. Save that shit for another time when you've planned it and have backup. There are tons of places between Yuma and Redondo where you can get into trouble. Seek them out. Take pictures. Write about them. If you get into too much trouble, call Ruth. If she's no longer talking to you, call Joel, he's not doing anything.
BiggieFalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 08:52 AM   #32
xymotic OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,366
LOL, thanks Eric,

I pretty much already decided not to go to MX cuz I don't have a copy of my title. It's true that Splotch weighs heavy on my mind, but you know that's life, c'est la vie. I do have an extended Support System too, AAA and Visa.

Honestly I find myself daydreaming and doing far more dangerous stuff on pavement than I do on Dirt. On Dirt I pay more attention and forget the outside world, it really is therapy.

At least I'm not really crazy like this one guy I know who rode around Big Bear solo at night with the stock Husky headlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggieFalls
Aaron,

We all love reading about you crashing and getting stuck and all the other crazy shit that happens to you. You certainly haven't let us down in this report. Your writing is always clever and your pictures great and abundant, not to mention the additional visual aids and links you supply.

So why do you want to go and fuck that up for us? If something were to happen to you in Mexico or the Grand Canyon or wherever, we might have to go back to reading boring, uneventful ride reports again.

You need to be in the right state of mind to ride a bike, dirt or street. I'm guessing you're not. You need to be able to give it all of your attention. You probably can't. This is especially important when you ride alone. You know that.

Do everyone a favor and just find a long, really interesting way back home. Don't continue on into areas where your support system is no longer available. Save that shit for another time when you've planned it and have backup. There are tons of places between Yuma and Redondo where you can get into trouble. Seek them out. Take pictures. Write about them. If you get into too much trouble, call Ruth. If she's no longer talking to you, call Joel, he's not doing anything.
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
6:10 to Yuma
trials and tribulations in the Mojave
Baja Blitz Yard sale
View Current Location via Spot Tracker
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 10:44 AM   #33
KHVol
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,360
Sorry about Splotch......looks like a great dog...
KHVol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 11:07 AM   #34
xymotic OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHVol
Sorry about Splotch......looks like a great dog...

Thank you, he was was a great dog. Had a ADV go anywhere and do anything spirit.
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
Baja Blitz Yard sale
Old 11-10-2009, 11:33 AM   #35
Ilikebikes
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Having spent a few weepy days after losing some very good dogs in the last few years, you certainly have my very real sympathies. Several years ago an old Italian bachelor client came in to see me, saying he just had to talk. You have to imagine the hand gestures and heavy accent, but he told me, "Art, I don't know what to do. My father died and I didn't cry. My mother died and I didn't cry. My sister died and I didn't cry. But my little dog died last week, and I can't stop crying!" I know just what he meant. Be safe on your ride. Incidentally, nice job getting that chain together. That was really good.
Ilikebikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 11:59 AM   #36
ghome
who the f#$% is that guy

Oddometer: 30
ride report

so sorry to hear about your dog but absolutely loved your ride report !dedicate this ride to your beloved pooch
Old 11-10-2009, 12:00 PM   #37
xymotic OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilikebikes
Having spent a few weepy days after losing some very good dogs in the last few years, you certainly have my very real sympathies. Several years ago an old Italian bachelor client came in to see me, saying he just had to talk. You have to imagine the hand gestures and heavy accent, but he told me, "Art, I don't know what to do. My father died and I didn't cry. My mother died and I didn't cry. My sister died and I didn't cry. But my little dog died last week, and I can't stop crying!" I know just what he meant. Be safe on your ride. Incidentally, nice job getting that chain together. That was really good.
Thank you,

Having a master link and the tool would have been really good, my fix was good enough I Guess
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
Baja Blitz Yard sale
Old 11-10-2009, 12:01 PM   #38
xymotic OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghome
so sorry to hear about your dog but absolutely loved your ride report !dedicate this ride to your beloved pooch
Yeah I kinda thought that was implied
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
Baja Blitz Yard sale
Old 11-10-2009, 01:54 PM   #39
jpkailua
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 290
Pinkham...

Sorry to hear about your dog Crashy...

On my trip back down to SD in a few weeks I'm going to avoid Pinkham and take my time down Berdoo... Don't have anything to prove to Pinkahm b'cause I didn't dump when i rode up it in August!
(Did have the "curb feelers" out most of the way though, what a bitch...)

Great report, ride safe.
jpkailua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 02:02 PM   #40
xymotic OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpkailua
Sorry to hear about your dog Crashy...

On my trip back down to SD in a few weeks I'm going to avoid Pinkham and take my time down Berdoo... Don't have anything to prove to Pinkahm b'cause I didn't dump when i rode up it in August!
(Did have the "curb feelers" out most of the way though, what a bitch...)

Great report, ride safe.
Yeah, I was wrong to send you down Pinkham last time you were here, Do catch Red Canyon if yu get a chance, it's

I'd like to catch up with you guys in DV but I dunno if I will be able to.
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
Baja Blitz Yard sale
Old 11-10-2009, 02:16 PM   #41
jpkailua
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 290
I plan on taking it pretty easy in DV... Where is "red Canyon"? Don't seem to be able to locate it in Benchmark or Mapsource...

Found it! I'll have to check out Pattons' Museum as well...

Have a great ride for the next few weeks!

jpkailua screwed with this post 11-10-2009 at 04:16 PM
jpkailua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 06:17 PM   #42
terranova
slow and steady

Oddometer: 308
Thumb

What an awesome RR -- and memory of a cool dog!

I'll bet if you had a side car, he would have been happy to jump in and go on rides with you . . .
terranova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 07:41 PM   #43
levity
nano-Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,088
Twice as good as the 3:10 to Yuma, Aaron!

Makes me miss my ol' TE

... and wanna kiss my dogs.

-Larry
levity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 01:37 AM   #44
pdedse
paraelamigosincero

Oddometer: 1,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by xymotic
...I am easily amused and I knew that someday the skills I learned when I was five would come into good use.
Great desert photos! I had to look at this twice to see it, but then milk coursed through my nose@#!

pdedse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 12:38 PM   #45
larryboy
Paint it black.

Oddometer: 13,691
Urgh, broken chain and case. Stock lumpy chain?

Sorry 'bout your pup.