ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2010, 07:44 AM   #151
scooterGdawg
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 526
i would say, pack'em in tight, parking is limited......very limited....
Old 03-18-2010, 05:35 PM   #152
caycek5
Bionic Man, got Ti

Oddometer: 1,853
So who is planning to show up?
caycek5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 05:47 AM   #153
scooterGdawg
Studly Adventurer

i'll be there with wife
Old 03-19-2010, 07:12 AM   #154
Laura0107
Retrophilic Rambler

Oddometer: 1,150
I'm bringing the husband this time!
Old 03-19-2010, 06:32 PM   #155
SCflyer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,571
Plan on bein' there. Will the parking really be a problem on the weekend? Would they still tow/ticket a moto vehicle in the designated spaces for the business that people park during the weekday? Guess we could all bring quarters and share a spot if open...3 per spot?
SCflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 08:00 PM   #156
Joson559 OP
Adventure on!

Oddometer: 325
Parking won't be bad. 5pm is still pretty early. We won't have to walk far, if at all.

Joson559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 02:02 PM   #157
scooterGdawg
Studly Adventurer

wont be there after all.....called into work at 4pm......still here......shoot...
Old 03-26-2010, 09:52 AM   #158
caycek5
Bionic Man, got Ti

Sorry scooterGdawg and rvrhwki couldn't make it this last month. There is always next month, so on that where are we going to go? We never settled this when we met.

I mentioned it to a couple of the inmates that perhaps a field trip to Neeses http://www.midcarolinaspeedway.org/home.html and a bring your own meal trip could be fun. Laura0107 said there was a good Chinese place in Neeses that most people would like. It looks like the races are on the second Saturday though, except for the one that is on the weekend of the spring shindig. Just something to think about for the future.

So where are we going to meet up on the 17th of April?
Old 03-26-2010, 10:26 AM   #159
Laura0107
Retrophilic Rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by caycek5

So where are we going to meet up on the 17th of April?

Speaking of flat track, there's an AMA Vintage national at the Orangeburg Fairgrounds on 4/17. If y'all are interested in coming down here for that, let me know and I'll find out more about the schedule that day. No one is maintaining the Orangeburg Motoplex website right now. I can recommend a good Greek/Italian restaurant down here ("House of Pizza", 2 locations) or a locally owned steak/seafood place ("Chestnut Grill"). If anyone wants to ride some area dirt roads earlier in the day, I'll be glad to play tour guide.
Old 03-29-2010, 06:26 PM   #160
caycek5
Bionic Man, got Ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura0107
Speaking of flat track, there's an AMA Vintage national at the Orangeburg Fairgrounds on 4/17. If y'all are interested in coming down here for that, let me know and I'll find out more about the schedule that day. No one is maintaining the Orangeburg Motoplex website right now. I can recommend a good Greek/Italian restaurant down here ("House of Pizza", 2 locations) or a locally owned steak/seafood place ("Chestnut Grill"). If anyone wants to ride some area dirt roads earlier in the day, I'll be glad to play tour guide.
Anymore info on the races that day? I was just looking for information about it and didn't really find much out.

Kalonji made mention of maybe coming on up to our dinner, so perhaps if it was closer to Charleston some lowcountry inmates might come. With the possibility of the two groups meeting up and the races that day I vote for something down Laura's way.
Old 03-29-2010, 06:31 PM   #161
kalonji
nihilism or nothing

Oddometer: 1,732
I vote Greek/Italian....what time would the races or dinner be if we r gonna do this?
kalonji is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 06:56 PM   #162
caycek5
Bionic Man, got Ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalonji
I vote Greek/Italian....what time would the races or dinner be if we r gonna do this?
We have been meeting at 5pm for dinner. I suppose this day would depend on when the races are. I imagine Laura will comment soon.
Old 03-30-2010, 05:15 AM   #163
Laura0107
Retrophilic Rambler

Stay tuned, I'll find out later today.

Even if you don't know much or care much about flat track, if you like bikes at all, the races are a lot of fun. Just walking through the pits and seeing the bikes and talking to their owners is very neat. The flat track crowd is very friendly and accessible.

And a vintage race is the best of them all. The sound made by some of those old bikes is intoxicating. And these bikes are NOT slow. Some of the racers are wily old ex-pros who put on a good show.

I'll also try to find out if David Aldana will be there. Any "On Any Sunday" fans here?
Old 03-30-2010, 08:26 AM   #164
JackalHack
Perpetually confused

Oddometer: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura0107
I'll also try to find out if David Aldana will be there. Any "On Any Sunday" fans here?
Oh yeah - my all-time favourite movie! I would love to meet Dave.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:28 AM   #165
Laura0107
Retrophilic Rambler

Re: April 17th - AMA National Vintage Dirt Track Championship Series Race
With modern support classes also

Orangeburg County Fairgrounds
Corner of Whaley St & Magnolia St, Orangeburg, SC
For GPS: 350 Magnolia
Gate fee: $15
Gates open 10 am, practice starts at 2 pm with races to follow. (I'm glad I called because I would've figured on a night race). "Races to follow" usually means about 2 hours later, so about 4 pm.

There's also a TT race (flat track with at least one right turn and at least one jump) at the Orangeburg track on 4/18 with practice at noon with races to follow.

The next Neeses race is Saturday, 4/10, with the race starting at 6:00. Ed Salley of the Orangeburg track said he's also hosting a race on 4/11 back at Orangeburg, to make that a double-header weekend also.

I'm not sure if Aldana will be at Orangeburg. I've seen him race at Aonia Pass near Washington, GA and at Neeses. He still wears his skeleton leathers. I think he lives near Atlanta now, so he's not too far away.

Another vintage race, this time AHRMA, is on 4/23 at Neeses, but that's the Shindig weekend. Lots of racing going on!