User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2009, 08:34 AM   #1
CodeFour OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
XXXL HJC CL-SP alternative..?

I have the world's largest head.. The only helmet that I have found to fit my huge melon is a HJC CL-SP in XXXL.. I have tried the new Arai XXXL, Shoei XXXL, Icon XXXL, Scorpion XXXL, etc, etc. Nothing fits my large head excpet the HJC XXXL. I have heard the HJC XXXL is one big helmet. The quality is not the best thogh. Has anyone else had similar problems finding a quality helmet that fits a rather XXXL size head. I just have a huge melon.

I was thinking of trying Schuberth next. They make th R1 model in XXXL. Anyone had any luck with XXXL Schuberth..? Any help would be appreciated. I do not really care about cost at this point because how much money is your head worth..? I just want a safe, quality helmet to fit. Anyone know of a custom sized helmet maker..??

Thanks in advance for any input...
CodeFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 08:39 AM   #2
farmer fred
Banned

Oddometer: 1,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeFour
I have the world's largest head.. The only helmet that I have found to fit my huge melon is a HJC CL-SP in XXXL.. I have tried the new Arai XXXL, Shoei XXXL, Icon XXXL, Scorpion XXXL, etc, etc. Nothing fits my large head excpet the HJC XXXL. I have heard the HJC XXXL is one big helmet. The quality is not the best thogh. Has anyone else had similar problems finding a quality helmet that fits a rather XXXL size head. I just have a huge melon.

I was thinking of trying Schuberth next. They make th R1 model in XXXL. Anyone had any luck with XXXL Schuberth..? Any help would be appreciated. I do not really care about cost at this point because how much money is your head worth..? I just want a safe, quality helmet to fit. Anyone know of a custom sized helmet maker..??

Thanks in advance for any input...
Welcome fellow cranial-endowed one. I too have a melon, although not maybe as big as yours. I can wear an Arai Signet in XXXL, and I am hoping the new Profile fits the same (long-oval). I also have tried XXXL Ikon and Suomy, but neither fit right and were tight at the forehead.
farmer fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 11:20 AM   #3
theboxers
Getting Out There

Oddometer: 171
I'd try your old thread as there are a lot of helmets now in there.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=388711
.Got Licence. Got the bike.

Now what have I forgoten. Oh yeah RIDE IT

theboxers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 09:35 PM   #4
jackfis
n00b

Oddometer: 1
check this, click on the extra large helmets link on the left side of the screen
http://www.webbikeworld.com/
jackfis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 02:47 AM   #5
zilla
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,596
I've got a xxxxl Vega. The HJC xxxl left with a terrible hotspot I could never get rid of.

IMO the HJC is a quieter helmet than the Vega, but i'm pretty much out of options.

AFX came out with the Magnus for big heads, but i've yet to see one in person.