ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2013, 01:51 PM   #6766
IDRIDR
Take me to the River

Oddometer: 1,353
KLR 650 2002 - $2900 (Boise)

http://boise.craigslist.org/mcy/3771908855.html

Looks like a fairly well sorted out KLR. ADV inmate?

Heavily Modded KLR 650, a great deal for the money. I've owned this bike since 2004 when it had 200 miles on it, and I hate to part with it, but it is time to upgrade. Bike currently has 16,9XX miles on it. LOTS of upgrades: Happy Trails aluminum panniers (not shown), highway pegs, radiator guard. Heavy Duty Aluminum skid plate, hand guards, IMS 7 gallon fuel tank with ON-OFF-RESERVE petcock (no vacuum, you can turn the fuel off when YOU want to), LED taillight, Headlight harness upgrade, fuses upgraded, side stand switch, clutch/neutral interlock switches deactivated, Thermo-Bob thermostat, Sasquatch rear shock gold valve upgrade, gold valves/fork springs in front with an extra set of springs (cogent dynamics), WER steering damper, 2008 seat (better foam) plus original and Travelcade gel seat, fork brace, T-vent, Rox risers with aftermarket bars, and probably some other stuff that I am forgetting. It does have a headlight fairing from a Suzuki DRZ 400 on it, mated to the original fairing. This completely eliminated all buffeting associated with the stock windshield. Stock parts are available, but the windshield has been cut down. This bike has been ridden off road by a mature rider. It does have scratches on the plastic. Everyone knows that scratched plastic is instant dual-sport cred for the adventure touring crowd. Please, you need to know that you are not going to score many chicks with this bike. Well, maybe Mountain Girl up on Wolverton Mountain. If that is important to you, then go buy a Harley or a Crotch Rocket for more money and cry when you tip it over on some dirt road. It has had regular maintenance, but is currently due for a valve adjust/air filter cleaning (I haven't had time to get to these yet). The ideal owner for this bike would be someone who enjoys maintaining their own motorcycle. It will need minor stuff soon, like front brake pads, probably chain and sprockets by the end of the year if you ride a lot. Please don't contact me and ask me what is my bottom dollar, or if the bike is still for sale. If this ad is up, the bike is still for sale. You will only find out my "bottom dollar" by offering cash and beginning the negotiation process. Please contact by email, and include your phone number so I can get back to you. Weird, mis-spelled emails without a phone number will be deleted. Test rides are at my discretion.
IDRIDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:56 PM   #6767
Almost There
Up, up, and away

Oddometer: 320
That is a great ad, nice bike too.
Almost There is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:58 PM   #6768
One Fat Roach
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,493
Ughh I want it
One Fat Roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:42 PM   #6769
Trinity_Session
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 490
DAMN! 7 gallons! I didn't read all the ad but I sure hope he installed heavier springs on both ends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDRIDR View Post
http://boise.craigslist.org/mcy/3771908855.html

Looks like a fairly well sorted out KLR. ADV inmate?

Heavily Modded KLR 650, a great deal for the money. I've owned this bike since 2004 when it had 200 miles on it, and I hate to part with it, but it is time to upgrade. Bike currently has 16,9XX miles on it. LOTS of upgrades: Happy Trails aluminum panniers (not shown), highway pegs, radiator guard. Heavy Duty Aluminum skid plate, hand guards, IMS 7 gallon fuel tank with ON-OFF-RESERVE petcock (no vacuum, you can turn the fuel off when YOU want to), LED taillight, Headlight harness upgrade, fuses upgraded, side stand switch, clutch/neutral interlock switches deactivated, Thermo-Bob thermostat, Sasquatch rear shock gold valve upgrade, gold valves/fork springs in front with an extra set of springs (cogent dynamics), WER steering damper, 2008 seat (better foam) plus original and Travelcade gel seat, fork brace, T-vent, Rox risers with aftermarket bars, and probably some other stuff that I am forgetting. It does have a headlight fairing from a Suzuki DRZ 400 on it, mated to the original fairing. This completely eliminated all buffeting associated with the stock windshield. Stock parts are available, but the windshield has been cut down. This bike has been ridden off road by a mature rider. It does have scratches on the plastic. Everyone knows that scratched plastic is instant dual-sport cred for the adventure touring crowd. Please, you need to know that you are not going to score many chicks with this bike. Well, maybe Mountain Girl up on Wolverton Mountain. If that is important to you, then go buy a Harley or a Crotch Rocket for more money and cry when you tip it over on some dirt road. It has had regular maintenance, but is currently due for a valve adjust/air filter cleaning (I haven't had time to get to these yet). The ideal owner for this bike would be someone who enjoys maintaining their own motorcycle. It will need minor stuff soon, like front brake pads, probably chain and sprockets by the end of the year if you ride a lot. Please don't contact me and ask me what is my bottom dollar, or if the bike is still for sale. If this ad is up, the bike is still for sale. You will only find out my "bottom dollar" by offering cash and beginning the negotiation process. Please contact by email, and include your phone number so I can get back to you. Weird, mis-spelled emails without a phone number will be deleted. Test rides are at my discretion.
Trinity_Session is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:59 PM   #6770
IDRIDR
Take me to the River

Oddometer: 1,353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity_Session View Post
DAMN! 7 gallons! I didn't read all the ad but I sure hope he installed heavier springs on both ends.
Well, if he had Sasquatch do it, it was probably done right or darn close to it (from what I hear at least).
IDRIDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:17 PM   #6771
Scott_PDX
Leisure Engineer

Oddometer: 3,007
Speaking of KLR's, 06, 4300Miles, $3650...not bad

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/mcy/3812969195.html

My MotovLog (Youtube Videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/scottb572/videos

Where Am I via SPOT (Code SCT): http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=719703
Scott_PDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:29 PM   #6772
earwig
Crowbar of Embrayage

Oddometer: 4,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDRIDR View Post
Well, if he had Sasquatch do it, it was probably done right or darn close to it (from what I hear at least).
A 2002?

Might be a little old for Sasquatch.
earwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:34 PM   #6773
DireWolf
Knees in the Breeze

Oddometer: 12,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by earwig View Post
A 2002?

Old 05-21-2013, 04:43 PM   #6774
linkweewee
tantum quantum

Oddometer: 13,968
Quote:
A 2002?

Things you want to say in the PNW FM...
Old 05-21-2013, 04:47 PM   #6775
soyanarchisto
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,436
Quote:
A 2002?

Holy shit thats funny!
soyanarchisto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:26 PM   #6776
gs'n
odd knob

Oddometer: 370
Quote:
A 2002?

SNAP SON!

Gritz n' Gravy
1969 Tom Jones Live in Las Vegas (lp)
gs'n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:36 PM   #6777
Mista Vern
Knows all - tells some.

Oddometer: 15,674
Quote:
A 2002?

Well played sir. Well played.

Emily Bronte
Mista Vern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:33 PM   #6778
1911fan
Master of the Obvious

Oddometer: 2,910
Quote:
That's awesome.... in a bad way.

1911fan

Sometimes the light to see your way forward is provided by the bridge burning behind you.
1911fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:18 PM   #6779
Road Rash OP
Infamous

Oddometer: 18,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post
You, Sir - are a bad influence... I've only had the Ducati for a week and now its my turn again!

::

Thank you..................happy to be of service................Oh, and also Thanks for the love that you sent to me the other day

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmonkeybut View Post
Miguel and I had this conversation earlier today. Airheads and old VW's share a common bond. It takes a certain type of personality to appreciate them. Once they get in your soul your hooked for life. I say VW's are like VD.....once you get a good one, it's hard to get rid of.

Four years ago I purged all things VW from my life......
I get that, I've had VW's in some kind of form in my life for the last 35 years..................shit can I really quit them?

My Ride Through Roatan
Road Rash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:25 PM   #6780
250senuf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmonkeybut View Post
I say VW's are like VD.....once you get a good one, it's hard to get rid of.
Added to my sig with credit to author.
Hope you don't mind.