ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-25-2013, 08:15 AM   #6826
shrubitup
Uncouth Sloth
 
shrubitup's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Kitsapolis WA
Oddometer: 1,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by leakypetcock View Post
No worse than my Nissan Titan, it gets 12 unloaded. I've never loaded it and towed a camper but I bet that would be in the single digits.
i got a 2WD version of Titan. 14 city. 17 hwy.
__________________
CONVICTED of placing compostable yard waste into a general trash container at the curb.
shrubitup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:11 AM   #6827
Mossy-Back
Wet-Sider
 
Mossy-Back's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: Corvallis, OR
Oddometer: 1,652
Quote:
Originally Posted by leakypetcock View Post
No worse than my Nissan Titan, it gets 12 unloaded. I've never loaded it and towed a camper but I bet that would be in the single digits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrubitup View Post
i got a 2WD version of Titan. 14 city. 17 hwy.
Hence the reason I love my 20 year old Powerstroke F350...

350 hp, 700 lb/ft, and I still get 15 city 19 highway (Personal best was southbound on I-5 through Cali, just over 21 mpg)

Oh, and with my upgraded rear tank I have almost 60 gallon fuel capacity.
__________________
'05 CRF450X
Once a Marine, always a Marine!
Mossy-Back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 03:58 PM   #6828
Trinity_Session
Studly Adventurer
 
Trinity_Session's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: The Great State of WA
Oddometer: 670
Interesting

I wondering if the frame would be a weak point(ie flexy) now with the upgraded suspension.

Nice XR250L
Trinity_Session is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 04:07 PM   #6829
Trinity_Session
Studly Adventurer
 
Trinity_Session's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: The Great State of WA
Oddometer: 670
Xr 600

Did the 600's have a rer sub frame that could get bent?

XR 600r
Trinity_Session is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 05:24 PM   #6830
bdcorrigan
Studly Adventurer
 
bdcorrigan's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: South Of Portland Oregon in the Burbs
Oddometer: 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity_Session View Post
Did the 600's have a rer sub frame that could get bent?

XR 600r
Yes
bdcorrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 12:17 PM   #6831
grinns
Semper Fi
 
grinns's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Rainy, Wa
Oddometer: 1,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Falcon View Post
Hence the reason I love my 20 year old Powerstroke F350...

350 hp, 700 lb/ft, and I still get 15 city 19 highway (Personal best was southbound on I-5 through Cali, just over 21 mpg)

Oh, and with my upgraded rear tank I have almost 60 gallon fuel capacity.
So if your like me and just mostly carry bikes. I picked up a f150 eco boost this year and I am getting about 17.5 loaded two people, two big bikes and gear. Empty highway i normally get 21-22 mpg. It's got decent power to.
__________________
2012 300 EC Race
2010 690 R
2014 hypermotard sp

grinns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:09 PM   #6832
Mossy-Back
Wet-Sider
 
Mossy-Back's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: Corvallis, OR
Oddometer: 1,652
Quote:
Originally Posted by grinns View Post
So if your like me and just mostly carry bikes. I picked up a f150 eco boost this year and I am getting about 17.5 loaded two people, two big bikes and gear. Empty highway i normally get 21-22 mpg. It's got decent power to.
My wife would kill me if I spent that much money on a truck... I only paid $5k for my '95 F350 with 165k miles on it.
__________________
'05 CRF450X
Once a Marine, always a Marine!
Mossy-Back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:30 AM   #6833
Craig McCurdy
BIGMAC
 
Craig McCurdy's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Hood River, Oregon
Oddometer: 1,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity_Session View Post
Did the 600's have a rer sub frame that could get bent?

XR 600r
If your looking for a 600 I still have this one!


http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...postcount=7087
Craig McCurdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:52 AM   #6834
tblume
deus ex machina
 
tblume's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: 541
Oddometer: 2,273
http://eugene.craigslist.org/mcy/3823072094.html

'74 CZ JAWA 175, $900
__________________
Maps? We don't need no steenkin maps. They're alley's fer crysakes. You'll find them between the main streets. Find one, ride it til you can't, move over and grab another one. Repeat as needed.
OMB
tblume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:04 PM   #6835
DiamondLie
Banned
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Handle of Pan, ID
Oddometer: 464
Pair of DR's

Two for the price of one (and a half)

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/mcy/3825173008.html
DiamondLie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:33 PM   #6836
One Fat Roach
Beastly Adventurer
 
One Fat Roach's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Location: PNW
Oddometer: 1,595
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondLie View Post
Two for the price of one (and a half)

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/mcy/3825173008.html
this screams at me, money maker!! I barely have any experience with motorcycles, let alone Suzuki's. Lol. Someone will make a profit for sure
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fisherman View Post
This is an adventure, not a field trip!!
One Fat Roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:36 PM   #6837
Sloppy
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Sloppy's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Eugene, Oregon
Oddometer: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassplayinroach View Post
this screams at me, money maker!! I barely have any experience with motorcycles, let alone Suzuki's. Lol. Someone will make a profit for sure

Hopefully the profit will cover the cost of a knee surgery from trying to make those bastards start.
Sloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:43 PM   #6838
DiamondLie
Banned
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Handle of Pan, ID
Oddometer: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy View Post
Hopefully the profit will cover the cost of a knee surgery from trying to make those bastards start.
Ah, the young whippersnappers should have no problem. Old bastages need not apply. Lol
DiamondLie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:21 PM   #6839
One Fat Roach
Beastly Adventurer
 
One Fat Roach's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Location: PNW
Oddometer: 1,595
I forget that I'm half the age of most of you professionals =P
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fisherman View Post
This is an adventure, not a field trip!!
One Fat Roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:48 PM   #6840
Jungle Man
frenzied adventurer
 
Jungle Man's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Camas Washington
Oddometer: 505
http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/mcy/3835219197.html
1992 dr 650
__________________
"50% of our maintenance is caused by 50% of our maintenance." -Dave. "If you're too busy to hunt and fish, you're too busy" -Jase Robertson. "...it's not the years in your life, but the life in your years" -Abe Lincoln
Ride it like you stole it
Jungle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015