ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2009, 01:36 PM   #61
Hack OP
Meet George Jetson

Oddometer: 3,650
Hey 02tac if the new seat feels as good as it looks you should be good to go. Earth to ccrat ,earth to ccrat where are you? Cyclejohn,cyclingtom and sloburban would any or all of you guys be interested in exploring around the c and d canal area? Looks to be a rather slow hard packed ride along the canal and im not completly sure about the legality part but it sure looks fun
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 02:15 PM   #62
olenuf2nobetter
Doin' it anyway

Oddometer: 414
Quote:
Originally Posted by hackhawk
Hey 02tac if the new seat feels as good as it looks you should be good to go. Earth to ccrat ,earth to ccrat where are you? Cyclejohn,cyclingtom and sloburban would any or all of you guys be interested in exploring around the c and d canal area? Looks to be a rather slow hard packed ride along the canal and im not completly sure about the legality part but it sure looks fun
Perfectly legal, as long as you stay on the hard pack/gravel service roads. And not likely anyone to care if you don't.

My Uly's still down and I don't think the fat ol' Road Thing is appropriate, otherwise I'd be up for this.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:27 PM   #63
RC Pilot
Shut up and fly!

Oddometer: 5,333
Quote:
Seat feels decent and should improve over time as most posts I have read involving Corbin seats talk of a 1K breaki in period. I will most likely use the Beadrider with this seat too as it helps you stay dry.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:31 PM   #64
sloburban
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,413
Quote:
yeah man, when you wanna go?
sloburban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 07:49 AM   #65
J Banning
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 147
One of my buddies is talking about going to the C&D on Sunday morning. Not sure if I can make it, but I'll send him a link to this post. He rides a Suzuki DR-Z400 supermoto.
Old 12-04-2009, 02:59 PM   #66
Hack OP
Meet George Jetson

Olenuf thanks for the info.If ya want i can leave the dog at home and you could jump in the sidecar and that offer go's for anyone. JBanning cool yeah tell him to jump in on the bs at any moment cause other than the info you gave me im clueless. Just to make it very clear i have no idea even where to enter so this could be a total wash if J's guy doesn't show and nobody else has info. But like Sloburban said to me at the movie at least we will get to ride somewhere. Sunday sounds good to me and of course everybodys welcome, i just picked the few that i know have off-road type bikes. Tom ,John?
Old 12-04-2009, 05:59 PM   #67
sloburban
Beastly Adventurer

Sunday doesn't look good for me. I have a wedding in N. Phila. Saturday night. If I get loaded I'm going to stay overnight. If I don't get loaded it will be because it's snowing and I have to plow snow. I'll keep an eye on this just in case I'm able to get up early enough to ride.

sloburban screwed with this post 12-05-2009 at 08:57 AM
Old 12-05-2009, 06:29 AM   #68
olenuf2nobetter
Doin' it anyway

Quote:
Just to make it very clear i have no idea even where to enter
Someone once posted a map of a route for an attempt to ride the length of of the canal on both sides -- I'll see if I can find it.

From west to east, the entrances I'm sure about on the southern side are:

1. The end of of Bethel Cemetery Rd. just east of the Md.-Del. state line. Might have to squeeze through a barrier here.

2. Old Summit Bridge Rd. just east of Summit Bridge.

3. Dutch Neck Rd. between US 13 and DE 9.

4. Reedy Point Rd. immediately west of DE 9 - it's that left turn down into the swamps just before you cross Reedy Point Bridge going north.

On the northern side, from west to east:

1. Chesapeake City at the the end of Lock Street, just east of where MD 213 crosses the canal.

2. The Summit Retriever Training Area entrance off Chesapeake City Rd. near its intersection with Frazer Rd. This was a Delaware tag dropped by FourStroke.

3. Old Summit Rd./Road 404 south of Red Lion Road at the the bottom edge of Lums Pond State Park.

4. The signed entrance off of Kirkwood St. Georges Rd. just under the US 13 bridge.

5. Entrance off of Cox Neck Rd. between Clarks Corner Rd. and Delaware City, across the street from a big school.

6. Fort DuPont park entrance to the right off of DE 9 in Delaware City immediately after crossing the old canal and just before you start to climb Reedy Point Bridge heading south.
Old 12-05-2009, 06:43 AM   #69
olenuf2nobetter
Doin' it anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by olenuf2nobetter
Someone once posted a map of a route for an attempt to ride the length of of the canal on both sides -- I'll see if I can find it.
It was our own J Banning, but the link seems to lead to a bunch of maps now. J?
Old 12-05-2009, 05:06 PM   #70
Hack OP
Meet George Jetson

C and D

Anybody still wanna go? JBannings buddy? I'm still up for it, i think?("His mother was a mudder" ) i took the hack off to gain squeeze room if needed. NEXT WEEK MAYBE? Tag day tomorrow anyone?
Old 12-06-2009, 11:57 AM   #71
sloburban
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Anybody still wanna go? JBannings buddy? I'm still up for it, i think?("His mother was a mudder" ) i took the hack off to gain squeeze room if needed. NEXT WEEK MAYBE? Tag day tomorrow anyone?
You want to check out the C&D tomorrow?
Old 12-06-2009, 12:14 PM   #72
RC Pilot
Shut up and fly!

Sounds fun, but I don't have any knobbies for the Bandit! Need to find me an olsed DS machine.
Old 12-06-2009, 02:04 PM   #73
sloburban
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02TAC
Sounds fun, but I don't have any knobbies for the Bandit! Need to find me an olsed DS machine.
You don't need knobbies if you stay on the "legal" service roads but your bike will get a little dusty.
Old 12-06-2009, 02:14 PM   #74
RC Pilot
Shut up and fly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloburban
You don't need knobbies if you stay on the "legal" service roads but your bike will get a little dusty.
Dust I can deal with, but I am looking for ANY justification to pick up an older DS bike.
Old 12-06-2009, 02:24 PM   #75
sloburban
Beastly Adventurer

Anybody want to meet tomorrow? Gonna be cold! We can explore the C&D Canal, finish at chesapeake city for lunch and a beer then freeze our asses off riding home.